Need to run Jay Ajayi more | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need to run Jay Ajayi more

One sets a tone the other doesnt...thats my point

Its early sure but id definitely play the tone setter more to try and help this oline in the run game

Ajayi definitely needs more carries thats for sure, we shouldve goven him a chance when we had the ball at the 4 but lazor loves to pass out of shotgun anytime were close to an endzone, theirs and our own.

Ajayi definitely needs more carries thats for sure, we shouldve goven him a chance when we had the ball at the 4 but lazor loves to pass out of shotgun anytime were close to an endzone, theirs and our own.

Yep around the goalline that guy should be in the game...im a little worried about ball security but play the tone setter

seriously what is up w that theme? Awesome play design has created safeties at record setting pace. And I hate shotgun inside the 5 on 1st and goal w empty backfield. Why?!!!

seriously what is up w that theme? Awesome play design has created safeties at record setting pace. And I hate shotgun inside the 5 on 1st and goal w empty backfield. Why?!!!

I truly have no answer or opinion as to why that guy does what he does...its mind boggling

Havent read the comments... Dont care who runs... we just need to run more...

Ajayi has already shown he's a much better option than Damien Williams, IMO. He needs to be the #2 back going forward and now that we have two capable backs to run the ball, we need to run the ball.

I think Ajayi is talented enough to convince lazor to start implementing a 2 back system. Stop putting the entire game on Tannehill and you'll notice he plays way, wayyyyyy better. A 2 back system, run first team is exactly what the Dolphins need, especially Tannehill. Oh and by the way, I say it all the time, Tannehill played WR for 3 years, run the ****ing ball Tannehill. ugh

Id start him...his vision needs work but he sets a tone that this oline cant produce and neither can lamar miller
Totally agree. Miller is the "hey if you don't watch it, I might bust a long one on you" back, Ajayi is the "I'm going to stomp all over your sissy arm tackles and pound this rock down your throats" back. Well at least he is until he does a "Sanchez". ;)

I agree on starting Ajayi or just more touches in general. I saw a few runs where Miller would have been stopped for a 2 yard gain by an arm tackle. Ajayi just ran through the contact like it wasnt there. Thats the one thing I cannot stand about Millers game too much finesse. Runs out of bounds most of the time. Avoids contact.

Ajayi, if he is what he looks like he can be, an explosive back with power and speed is the perfect compliment. I say give them both 15 touches a game. Run the ball 13/15 times with Ajayi and 8-9/15 with Miller. These running backs can make this offense very productive.

I think Ajayi needs to be in more for passing downs. He's good at receiving and has power for YAC on the swing, crease, or wheel route, and/or the V.

Ajayi has already shown he's a much better option than Damien Williams, IMO. He needs to be the #2 back going forward and now that we have two capable backs to run the ball, we need to run the ball.

OMG lets not ever talk about D.Williams what a waste of a roster space. The guy has no business being the number 2 or a KR..

i had a nice view from the upper deck goal line yesterday.

I liked what I saw from saw Ajayi. He hit the hole when there was a hole. He made a nice cut back on a sweep to the right. When nothing was there he just bowled ahead trying to pick up 2 or 3 yards.

and he ran hard...... nothing wrong with giving him a few more opportunities per game

Ajayi cannot be a full time #1 RB. His knee is going to get ruined if he gets 20+ carries a game. He needs to split reps with Miller, 10-15 each

No reason to argue - use them both more, and use them together. That play we ran when they were both in the backfield was a top 5 play of the year for Miami in terms of creativity and effectiveness. I wouldn't limit Miller's touches, however, as he is quickly becoming a star in this league. God forbid we ever have to nurse a nice lead in the 2nd half of a game, feed the big boy and beat them up and get Miller his rest whenever you can. There are no negatives here outside of the playcalling :).

Ajayi cannot be a full time #1 RB. His knee is going to get ruined if he gets 20+ carries a game. He needs to split reps with Miller, 10-15 each
I have no problem with that. I will be really disappointed if that's not the case going forward. I was critical of Ajayi in the preseason but seeing him play with the fire has changed my thought process. It would be wiser for the Dolphins to give some of Miller's carries to Ajayi anyways, that may bring Miller's value down come March.

Back
Top Bottom