need to sweep jets and bills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

need to sweep jets and bills

Both teams scare me, but the Jets always seem to play us hard. If the Jets win 1 game for the season, it will be against the Dolphins. Saying that, you are right we need to sweep both teams to have a shot at the playoffs, at least it will make it a lot easier.

With Buffalo we need our Defensive Tackles and Ends to stuff the run first. Make them pass and one dimensional and get in a shoot out with our offensive weapons. We need to dictate our game on them

These are the sort of games where I think we will be very glad we added William Hayes. He can set the edge and funnel those runs inside.

Woody Johnson is ****ing abysmal. Can't pin all the Jet's dysfunction on Bowles. Hopefully he's fired soon and we can hire him as DC; let's also get Kacy Rogers back while we're at it.
Kacy Rogers has been sorely missed.

But isn't Woody Johnson our Ambassador to Ireland or something? Not trying to get political, as this is not the forum for that, but I think Woody is completely hands off from the team right now and his brother is running it or something.

Seems to me, that this would be the perfect time for him to tank the Jets and then he returns once they get a rookie QB and he has a year or so yo settle in. Then when the rebuild is on the upswing, Woody returns.

Kacy Rogers has been sorely missed.

But isn't Woody Johnson our Ambassador to Ireland or something? Not trying to get political, as this is not the forum for that, but I think Woody is completely hands off from the team right now and his brother is running it or something.

Seems to me, that this would be the perfect time for him to tank the Jets and then he returns once they get a rookie QB and he has a year or so yo settle in. Then when the rebuild is on the upswing, Woody returns.

My point exactly. Owner has different priorities and left his brother in charge. Jet's organization is a dumpster fire.

My point exactly. Owner has different priorities and left his brother in charge. Jet's organization is a dumpster fire.
Well, I think it's a combo of him doing a true once in a lifetime thing, like Rooney did, and it being the perfect time to do the Jets version of "Suck for Luck." This isn't the 1983 QB draft, but it looks like there will be several decent ones coming out. They could find the next Ken O'Brien ... or Geno Smith. :D

6-6 outside of the 4 games against Bills and Jets will be a challenge. Miami doesn't have the cupcake out of division schedule they did last year. Browns, 49ers, Rams and Chargers were bottom 7 teams. The only team with a winning record Miami beat was Pittsburgh and that was due to Ajayi having a breakout game.

This year SD followed by the Saints are the only two relatively easy games. If Miami wins 10 games this year they definitely will have earned it. Along with a little luck going against a team with a rookie kicker whose allergic to making clutch FGs ;)

Home = Saints, Titans, Raiders, Bucs, Broncos, Pats
Away = Chargers, Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, Pats, Chiefs

Not sure where 6 wins will come from and that is assuming they go 4-0 against Bills and Jets.

F*ing brutal schedule!

Welp so much for that....we aren't sweeping Buffalo either ... I see a 2-4 record

Welp so much for that....we aren't sweeping Buffalo either ... I see a 2-4 record
Yep. So much for that. I'd bet on a 2-4 division record this year, obviously no playoffs.

It's funny what a disproportionate amount of attention the Patriots get on here. They're on another level. They're going to win the division going away, no matter what. But it's the losses to the likes of the Jets and Bills that consistently torpedo this team. No coincidence that last year-- making the playoffs for the first time since 2008-- the Dolphins swept the Bills and Jets (something that hadn't happened since . . . 2003). Usually it's the two or three losses a year to the likes of the Bills and Jets that keep Miami from getting into the wildcard round as in 2013 (0-2 to the Bills, 1-2 to the Jets, miss the wildcard by a game).

Back
Top Bottom