Negatives from Tonight's Game vs Jax | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Negatives from Tonight's Game vs Jax

the LB's, Elandon Roberts and Jerome Baker specifically, continue to take atrocious angles and missteps.
Elandon Roberts was still in the concussion protocol (and unable to train when Flo met with the media on Tuesday morning). I was very surprised to see him out there. However, I saw the atrocious angles as well and haven't seen anything from him to date.

Pissed off I want to see more of our young new star wide receiver.
What fantastic hands, lighting reflexes and brilliant positioning to be so open in the middle of the field.
Parker and company should take lessons.

Come on Flo get that Ryan Fitzmagic out there in more plays, I mean he has caught the ball every time he has been targeted. :biggrin

Pissed off I want to see more of our young new star wide receiver.
What fantastic hands, lighting reflexes and brilliant positioning to be so open in the middle of the field.
Parker and company should take lessons.

Come on Flo get that Ryan Fitzmagic out there in more plays, I mean he has caught the ball every time he has been targeted. :biggrin
Isaiah Ford?

The biggest negatives were both 'player health'. DVP is clearly not at 100%, although he is catching everything and playing smart, and Howard grabbed at the back of his knee after that INT. Both are worrisome going forward.

The biggest negatives were both 'player health'. DVP is clearly not at 100%, although he is catching everything and playing smart, and Howard grabbed at the back of his knee after that INT....

I echo Feverdream's concerns. We need to get X, Byron Jones, and Devante healthy. Hopefully, the long week will help but hamstrings and groins can linger throughout a season. I did feel Devante did well to man-up and play.

Bad Tackling across the board... Too many Hero Shoulder Tackles. Hopefully that gets better. But all in all a much better performance in second half of dialing up pressure. But if we are gonna play a Keep everything in front of you style then the Tackling HAS to get better.

Our Dline doesn't get much pass rush unless we blitz.

Why did we draft Raekwon Davis? He doesn't seem to be good we could have had JK Dobbins.

Brieda doesn't seem like a fit for our offense.

Roberts tackling was terrible in the open field.

Watch the goaline play where Robison just barely scored. Davis legit manhandled his guy driving him back into Robinson. The rest of the defense was just slow to get there. Our DL hasn’t looked great, but our LBs have failed to take advantage when they create space.

I saw a few breakdowns in coverage by Iggy. He needs to stay on his man and not fall for the fake, then gets caught flat footed while his man is running free behind him.

The underneath was open all night allowing Minshaw and Robinson to take advantage. BTW Robinson is one hell of a RB, wish he was on Miami.

The LB play is abysmal. It needs a complete overhaul.

Disappointed Miami wasn't able to sustain the running game for the entire game.

I sure hope miami doesn’t plan on running tua to contact the way it did fitz last night.

Some of those situational play calls you are exposing your qb to hard contact.

DEFENSE: The one obvious Negative was Tackling across the board. Its obvious that the lack of preseason has hurt some of the fundamentals. Even when we gang tackled there were too many bounce offs leaving the offensive player running instead o wrapping up and bringing him down.

They need to get a good rugby coach to come in and teach the fundamentals of wrapping up and the benefits of it too.

OFFENSE: Other negative is 22 carries for Gaskin As well as he did there were just too many runs for minus or zero yards in the second half. Playing from ahead is a great cushion but if Jags O made a few plays this game could have been very different due to the fact that we couldn't run our O efficiently when the Jags made adjustments at half time.

COACHING: Need better in game adjustments. I can see we are playing soft D with a lead but it frustrated me that we couldn't put someone on Robinson out of the back field ad stop those easy underneath throws - Only had to stop him once to make the point and make the Jags adjust their play-calling.

That was my take. Good game but its on to figuring out how to score on the Seattle D and how to slow down the Wilson Juggernaut...

Negative for me was not knowing jags were missing their best wideout. Did Aikman mention it? :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom