Negatives from Tonight's Game vs Jax | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Negatives from Tonight's Game vs Jax

Raekwon Davis is who many of us thought he was. Dude just gets no push. I saw one play where the Jags guard had him engaged for like 8 seconds and Davis just didn't go anywhere. The good news is while that seems like another wasted second round pick, getting Kindley in the fourth makes up for it. I dinged his grade a bit because of the Auburn game but he looks like he belongs.

I don't know how many times I've said this but I'll say it again. Take a chance on the DL guys which some juice. That is what translates. It's what we did with Strowbridge. You take a chance on those guys every year I guarantee it won't be long before you find a Grady Jarrett or Javon Hargreave. Hell, it's what led the Jaguars to taking DaVon Hamilton and he certainly flashed in comparison to our guy.

His career will reflect the Phillip Merling pick over a decade ago.

With the way the oline plays the ceiling on this season would be a lot higher with tua.

That pass to grant I mean really? That ball should be on him once he makes that final cut before he even turns. Not some flutter ball where he has to go to ground diving to make the catch.

And the gesicki crosser was behind him. Given what I saw he should have gone what 20-21 and the only one a tipped ball at the los where ideally he fits it thru that window in the first place.

Tua could have executed any of that passing game ask in his sleep.

agreed. I thought fitz slipped on that their time grant and threw it off platform? I could be wrong I only saw it live.

tua does all this and then some however it’s no secret this coaching staff believes in fitz. until he’s the reason we’re losing I just don’t see a switch being made.

And I mean him being the reason that we’re losing to the public eye. Not just us that see everything that’s left open on the field. Until it’s the offenses fault that this team can’t stay in games I think fits is the starter

The ball needs to freaking come out and arrive more in sync with the route combos.

There’s some nice ones usually in the red zone and there’s some ugh ones usually outside the numbers and down the vertical seams

A great win and the team played well. However, Jacksonville played pretty poorly as well. They had a few dropped passes and of course, Minshew missing that easy TD pass. The game would have been a whole lot closer against a team that executed better.

Oh, and the defense missed quite a few tackles in the 2nd half.

The biggest negative for me is playing bleed the clock with 14 minutes left in the game. Against a team that was playing better, that ultra conservative stuff with so much time remaining in the game comes back to bite you

Only negative for me was Fitz starting, well and also the LBer play.

Micah Parsons will help that second concern instantly.

I'm not a negative nelly, but I gotta say, we still need to improve our tackling. We're 3 games into the season ... freakin' learn to tackle!

And coaching staff ... when your gameplan is working, go for the kill. Stop trying "not to lose" with that "prevent defense" and just win the dang game.

Our Dline doesn't get much pass rush unless we blitz.

Why did we draft Raekwon Davis? He doesn't seem to be good we could have had JK Dobbins.

Brieda doesn't seem like a fit for our offense.

Roberts tackling was terrible in the open field.

Saw this article and figured I'd share their analysis.

Throwing the Offense into Neutral and not going for the Juggler trying to score every series is not going to fly with the New NFL

Bobby McCain was still at Safety. Poor tackling on defense. Lack of instincts with our Middle linebackers. The running game was stuffed when JVille stacked the box.

Bobby McCain was still at Safety. Poor tackling on defense. Lack of instincts with our Middle linebackers. The running game was stuffed when JVille stacked the box.

That's actually not uncommon. Very few teams can have success when the D is stacked against the run. SMART coaches respond by safe/short passes, screens, something other than staying between the tackles.

The Dolphins did not go into the draft to upgrade the skill positions. They intended to upgrade the offensive line and the defense and that is where they allocated their draft selections. They had several opportunity to draft Dobbins and they didn’t. They also would have still drafted Jackson even if Lamb was still still on the board.
It would have been great if they they had drafted both Lamb and Dobbins but they decided to go in another direction. I expect they will use the 2021 draft to select a RB and a WR in the early rounds and hopefully the will also select a pass rushing DE and an impact LB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pick a QB in the middle to late rounds.

Back
Top Bottom