NEW CB KENDALL FULLER | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NEW CB KENDALL FULLER

“Those paying attention”, lol. 99% of this fan base knew exactly what was about to happen this offseason.

99% of the fan base isn't on this forum.

Keep that in mind.

This place is not an accurate measure of anything. And hell, there's certainly not 99% in agreement on anything here, either.

Those paying attention had a pretty good idea that our biggest FAs were looking to hit the market. And those who see FA for what it is knew it's where a player usually gets top dollar from someone with money to spend and a pressing need at the position.

So we pretty much understood that Wilkins, Hunt and even most likely Van Ginkel were gone considering their capacity for production and the likelihood someone out there had money to spend at their positions.

We also knew that players like Raekwon Davis hadn't really done enough to justify a 2nd contract. No surprise he's gone.

Neither had Brandon Jones for that matter, especially considering the money he got from Denver. No way were we paying that to keep a rotational piece.

And even Deshon Elliott was someone the team obviously decided they didn't want. I'm fine with that. He's JAG-level talent really.

We were never really in the race for any of those players--and we knew that.

Thus, we're doing what we can finding a few starter-level guys on the cheap:
> Jonnu Smith (TE)
> Jordyn Brooks (LB)
> Jordan Poyer (S)
> Kendall Fuller (CB)

And a few rotational pieces:
> Aaron Brewer (C)*
> Benito Jones (DT)
> Nick Needham (Slot CB)
> Robert Jones (G)
> Siran Neal (CB / ST)

*I list Brewer as a "we'll see what happens" type of signing. We honestly want more than what he brings. Hopefully the coaches straighten him out.

This Kendall Fuller addition looks like another David Long / Zach Sieler type of steal, so that's great. We need those.

Let's reduce the Tyreek Hill / Bradley Chubb stuff where we send R1 picks away and bid against ourselves in long-term contract extensions for $100M+ and starting getting more of these high-value guys who can produce without the same level of investment.

A secondary package with Ramsey - Poyer - Holland - Needham/Kohuo - Fuller looks really nice for what we're paying.

Mission Objective #1 is looking pretty good >> get cheaper and find guys who can play.

LOVE IT!

Mission #2 will probably be using that R1 pick on OL and reinforcing that unit. We need an OT who can step in at G this year and bump out to LT next year when Armstead retires.

Mission #3 will be using the R2 and R5 picks we have to add players who (hopefully) don't disappoint (a la Raekwon, Eichenberg, Hunter Long, Cam Smith, etc.) which has too often been the case with Grier. Far too often we get nothing from those guys.

We MUST to get good production from our R2 pick this year. We need cheap talent going forward and have to get off the bust-train with these mid-round picks.

A long-term solution at DT might make sense in R2 but I could also see maybe a WR or TE to add to the offense. The WR class is deep, the need for a 3rd option in the offense is there and it would be nice to have something on the roster backing up Hill & Waddle against injury or long-term departure.
Brewer belongs with the first group. He is going to be the starting Center. He was a great signing. Seems as if Grier learned a lesson from the Connor Williams contract being only 2 years/14m by adding on a 3rd year for the same AAV. Anyone who doesn't love Brewer right now is going to love him by the end of the season.

Last edited:
I got 10 years to look back on and judge. No need to wait for this one but hoping for the best.

The other bummer about bad drafting is you can't afford the guys you hit on when the bill comes due because of all the free agents and the lack of cheap, drafted talent. Some won't be missed (X, Davis) and others got paid way too much (Wilkins, Hunt) so they got off easy but Gink was a kick in the nuts so I'll just go with the 'he really wanted to be closer to home' narrative/nonsense.

We have Cam Smith and Tindall as the non starters we drafted who are presumably the next men up. People wondered why it all went to **** once injuries started piling up. Hence the term paper tiger. Can't have the depth you need to weather the storm when the games really matter if the drafting isn't up to snuff. You gotta have a steady stream of those guys or else it just doesn't work. Full stop.
Tindall really hurts. Grier foolishly chose him over the far superior prospect Leo Chenal. Had he taken Chenal he would not have needed to sign Brooks. For the life of me, I do not know what the trained eyes in the Dolphins' scouting dept saw to lead to that decision.

Tindall really hurts. Grier foolishly chose him over the far superior prospect Leo Chenal. Had he taken Chenal he would not have needed to sign Brooks. For the life of me, I do not know what the trained eyes in the Dolphins' scouting dept saw to lead to that decision.

The irony is so many here wanted Chenal, including myself, and were shocked he fell to us. But then we passed and he went with the next pick. And that same guy absolutely helped that team win a SB.

The analogy of my life as a fins fan, by Jack Handey.

99% of the fan base isn't on this forum.

Keep that in mind.

This place is not an accurate measure of anything. And hell, there's certainly not 99% in agreement on anything here, either.
I was using a bit of hyperbole, but honestly any one who’s a legit Dolphin fan knew what we were up against this offseason- that was the point I was getting at.

Those paying attention had a pretty good idea that our biggest FAs were looking to hit the market. And those who see FA for what it is knew it's where a player usually gets top dollar from someone with money to spend and a pressing need at the position.

So we pretty much understood that Wilkins, Hunt and even most likely Van Ginkel were gone considering their capacity for production and the likelihood someone out there had money to spend at their positions.

We also knew that players like Raekwon Davis hadn't really done enough to justify a 2nd contract. No surprise he's gone.

Neither had Brandon Jones for that matter, especially considering the money he got from Denver. No way were we paying that to keep a rotational piece.

And even Deshon Elliott was someone the team obviously decided they didn't want. I'm fine with that. He's JAG-level talent really.

We were never really in the race for any of those players--and we knew that.

Thus, we're doing what we can finding a few starter-level guys on the cheap:
> Jonnu Smith (TE)
> Jordyn Brooks (LB)
> Jordan Poyer (S)
> Kendall Fuller (CB)

And a few rotational pieces:
> Aaron Brewer (C)*
> Benito Jones (DT)
> Nick Needham (Slot CB)
> Robert Jones (G)
> Siran Neal (CB / ST)

*I list Brewer as a "we'll see what happens" type of signing. We honestly want more than what he brings. Hopefully the coaches straighten him out.

This Kendall Fuller addition looks like another David Long / Zach Sieler type of steal, so that's great. We need those.

Let's reduce the Tyreek Hill / Bradley Chubb stuff where we send R1 picks away and bid against ourselves in long-term contract extensions for $100M+ and starting getting more of these high-value guys who can produce without the same level of investment.

A secondary package with Ramsey - Poyer - Holland - Needham/Kohuo - Fuller looks really nice for what we're paying.

Mission Objective #1 is looking pretty good >> get cheaper and find guys who can play.

LOVE IT!

Mission #2 will probably be using that R1 pick on OL and reinforcing that unit. We need an OT who can step in at G this year and bump out to LT next year when Armstead retires.

Mission #3 will be using the R2 and R5 picks we have to add players who (hopefully) don't disappoint (a la Raekwon, Eichenberg, Hunter Long, Cam Smith, etc.) which has too often been the case with Grier. Far too often we get nothing from those guys.

We MUST to get good production from our R2 pick this year. We need cheap talent going forward and have to get off the bust-train with these mid-round picks.

A long-term solution at DT might make sense in R2 but I could also see maybe a WR or TE to add to the offense. The WR class is deep, the need for a 3rd option in the offense is there and it would be nice to have something on the roster backing up Hill & Waddle against injury or long-term departure.
The analytics are telling the brain trust, Grier ain't picking!!!

Resign Connor Williams after June 1st and then give me a first round OT. Now we’re cooking
Why didn't Grier think of that?
Apparently he has; based on all our new hires. - LOL
I predict our Draft may still surprise a few posters by a lot of trading back to get even more players., depending on who is available for our first two picks.

Back
Top Bottom