New college playoff is just as bad if not worse than previous one | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New college playoff is just as bad if not worse than previous one

Have a true playoff . Make all teams join 8 football conferences They can all be 14 team conferences if needed and have an 8 team playoff.
I have no issue with them choosing OSU over TCU but there whole ranking process did no make sense. They had OSU 6th, TCU third. Beating a decent Wisconisn team badly should not have bounced TCU.
Its moot the system will say OSU was the best and they might be but it was a very flawed process.

They were 5th and then they beat a good Wisconsin team (ranked 13th) and won their conference championship while TCU beat a terrible Iowa St. team and didn't even play in a conference championship. I really don't see where the problem lies there.

Unfortunately, that's not realistic thanks to the old system making it so difficult to change around conferences, add teams, etc.

They were 5th and then they beat a good Wisconsin team (ranked 13th) and won their conference championship while TCU beat a terrible Iowa St. team and didn't even play in a conference championship. I really don't see where the problem lies there.

Unfortunately, that's not realistic thanks to the old system making it so difficult to change around conferences, add teams, etc.

Not sure why TCU should be penalized for beating a bad Iowa St team. I mean how bad did TCU have to beat a really bad team for them not to drop in rankings.

I doubt Ohios St would have beat them any worse.

Back
Top Bottom