New Interview with Jeff Ireland/hints to whats ahead | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Interview with Jeff Ireland/hints to whats ahead

Mr. Ed, i dont get your love for Jason Allen. i dont see anything in that interview that suggests Allen is going to be doing anything out side of playing as the last CB and being one of our top ST guys, infact its pretty clear to me in that interview that dont view him as anything other then that.

Jason has a role. Is it the role that you’d want from a first round draft pick? It’s not typically what you’d want first round draft picks to do. Jason’s very successful in the role that he’s got. He’s probably one of our best special teams players. He comes in and works his tail off. He’s doing what we’ve asked him to do. I’m proud of him and I like the role that he’s in. We’ll see what his future is as time goes by.

And I repeat, look at how he performed. He led the team with 3 INTS. What's your point? He didn't sniff the field for the same reasons that Ireland gave that they hesitated with Clemons, they were struggling and slow to learn the position's plays etc.

He is a few years learned in the defense now. He's played CB for a couple years now and has looked good. The same reasons that kept Jason Allen from staying at FS is the same reasons Ireland gave for hesitating with Clemons.

Both Jason and Clemons are physical freaks and fast as dirt. But Allen is at CB because he has good hips, better than Clemons, which I read is a weakness of his.

I mean, with Jones an UFA, Allen probably becomes the fulltime NB. But they may feel Allen needs to start and give him a try at FS, "if" Clemons doesn't improve on this past season....just saying....

lmao. no they most definitely do not...

The problem is that Clemons didn't sniff the field due to having a 27.5 million free agent who was just signed that year. When the last straw hit, Clemons actually started the entire half of the Pitt game.

I hope you know interceptions is not the defying point of FS. It was told time after time Allen's communication sucked as a FS and they had to switch the field general from Allen to the LB corp since he could barely line up the players.

Yes, but INTS is a integral part of what you'd call a 'playmaker' on Defense, which Sparano criticized us lacking thoughout the season. Yes, they did move Allen to CB because of his not being able to pick up the playcalling fast enough. But I'm just saying that if you notice, Ireland is pretty much implying that Clemons is having similiar issues. And Jason Allen is 3 years more mature from that season where he struggled.

Sparano has mentioned that Jason Allen is valuable because he can play 'multiple' positions. Which positions do you think he meant?

Yes, but INTS is a integral part of what you'd call a 'playmaker' on Defense, which Sparano criticized us lacking thoughout the season. Yes, they did move Allen to CB because of his not being able to pick up the playcalling fast enough. But I'm just saying that if you notice, Ireland is pretty much implying that Clemons is having similiar issues. And Jason Allen is 3 years more mature from that season where he struggled.

Sparano has mentioned that Jason Allen is valuable because he can play 'multiple' positions. Which positions do you think he meant?

I think he meant ST Gunner and 4th CB.

Thats what he meant exactly by "Multiple Positions"

Mr. Ed, i dont get your love for Jason Allen. i dont see anything in that interview that suggests Allen is going to be doing anything out side of playing as the last CB and being one of our top ST guys, infact its pretty clear to me in that interview that dont view him as anything other then that.

Well, I got love for all my Dolphins. But what I was refering to was after the praise, Ireland said that they will look at the future and see as they go from there. I was not crowning him anything. I was simply saying "hmm. i wonder if..." nothing more. In fact, I have Earl Thomas as a possible pick in the 1st round.

I think he meant ST Gunner and 4th CB.

Thats what he meant exactly by "Multiple Positions"

If that was the case, then why did they forget that and put him at NB several times this year? Nah, he meant CB and S.

Well, I got love for all my Dolphins. But what I was refering to was after the praise, Ireland said that they will look at the future and see as they go from there. I was not crowning him anything. I was simply saying "hmm. i wonder if..." nothing more. In fact, I have Earl Thomas as a possible pick in the 1st round.

They are not going to pick Earl Thomas in the 1st round. He has Jason Allen Part 2 written all over him.

lol, you could tell he is very good friends with Sparano..

I was laughing imagining Sparano as a field commander. Which he absolutely looks the part. lol. especially with that avatar someone has of Sparano yelling at the top of his lungs. lol.

They are not going to pick Earl Thomas in the 1st round. He has Jason Allen Part 2 written all over him.

Dude, do you just disagree just to disagree? I didn't say they would. I'm on the Weatherspoon bandwagon. I just said that I have him as a possible option. I believe we are fixing the LB corps. Chill out.

If that was the case, then why did they forget that and put him at NB several times this year? Nah, he meant CB and S.

because we had injuries...JA is terrible, face it Ed...hes nothing more then a good STs player..

Dude, do you just disagree just to disagree? I didn't say they would. I'm on the Weatherspoon bandwagon. I just said that I have him as a possible option. I believe we are fixing the LB corps. Chill out.

No, But I am disagreeing to that Jason Allen has a position and role outside of what he has and Earl Thomas being picked in the 1st.

And to rebutal your statement that Clemons is a slower learner and communicater:

The star of today's practice was easily safety Chris Clemons, who had two interceptions. Not only was Clemons a terror for quarterbacks, he was quite impressive in the classroom throughout the minicamp.

"He's a guy that stood out and did a good job that way," coach Tony Sparano said. "He did a good job of getting people lined up and communicating. Then he gets his hands on two footballs and finished the play ... It was impressive to me."

From Training Camp.

And its called a discussion, I am discussing and counter-arguing, don't get so upset.

I also liked that he gives a few hints to being willing to go BPA or CJ Spiller if he is there. This could very well be helpful to us if we want to trade down. Which is obviously what Ireland is trying to set up with that statement

There is no way we are gonna draft Spiller in the first round. We currently have 5 RB's on the roster who this FO is happy with, not to mention that they don't normally select RB's until the later rounds. Mark my words we are going defense with the first pick. Someone I will be keeping an eye on is Earl Thomas (FS) from Texas. He surprised everyone while declaring for the draft as a junior this year and IMHO is the #2 S entering the draft (just behind Berry and well ahead of Mays). I would love for us to get this guy with the #12 pick because the FA market for safeties this year is pretty slim due to the fact that most of the safties who were going to be FA's are now RFA's due to the uncapped year.

There is no way we are gonna draft Spiller in the first round. We currently have 5 RB's on the roster who this FO is happy with, not to mention that they don't normally select RB's until the later rounds. Mark my words we are going defense with the first pick. Someone I will be keeping an eye on is Earl Thomas (FS) from Texas. He surprised everyone while declaring for the draft as a junior this year and IMHO is the #2 S entering the draft (just behind Berry and well ahead of Mays). I would love for us to get this guy with the #12 pick because the FA market for safeties this year is pretty slim due to the fact that most of the safties who were going to be FA's are now RFA's due to the uncapped year.

Earl Thomas is 5'9 and 190 pounds. he is not getting drafted by this regime due to his small stature and plethora of other things.

No, But I am disagreeing to that Jason Allen has a position and role outside of what he has and Earl Thomas being picked in the 1st.

And to rebutal your statement that Clemons is a slower learner and communicater:

From Training Camp.

And its called a discussion, I am discussing and counter-arguing, don't get so upset.

Wow. You start off with no, that you don't disagree just to disagree, that you only are disagreeing with....and you disagreed with everything you were able to find. :facepalm:

Nah, I'm not upset. Just was saying to chill out. Do your thing. :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom