New Interview with Jeff Ireland/hints to whats ahead | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Interview with Jeff Ireland/hints to whats ahead

I think we take spiller and trade ronnie brown. spiller would be even better than ronnie brown running the wildcat. not only that, he would help in the passing game, he could catch 50 balls. then trade ronnie for a second, use it for defense. I think we should sign malcom floyd to help out at the wide reciever position. he is an up and coming guy with great skill, and has the skill sets we need, and wont break the bank. plus hes durable and a good locker room guy, unlike antonio bryant.

But it will cost us draft picks because he will be a RFA not a FA. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy if we gave up a late round draft choice for the guy, but with the release of Chambers, Floyd is the definite #2 and I just feel the compensation to get him away from the Chargers will be more than what this FO would be willing to pay.

I think you are reading a bit to much
What I read is
One you should always take the best player available in the first couple of rounds though I believe Ireland does not always see things that way. See Pat White.
In terms of Jason Allen he fits into the team works hard but how much is a 1st team special teamer second team CB suppose to get paid. Ireland will want to renegotiate or release Allen going forward. He is worth keeping around at a price!
Ted Ginn is not going anywhere next year. Hehas issues as Ireland noted but the NFL is all about talent Ginn has it they are going to keep him and keep milking it out of him. So while you and may not be in love with the guy Ireland still is.
Henne is progressing better than they thought he would which is "why" they are going to change gears now and make more of priority of getting personel to work a traditional offence than the Wildcat which is what they beleived they would rely more going into the season. So look for less of Ronnie and Pat White in the wild cat in next year.
Clemmons had talent in college and was not producing to that level of talent which is why we got in him in the 6th round. He still has the same issues. He was around the ball a bunch in college but did not make the play. Clemmons was a free agent type going into the combine based on his college productions. Hamlin his team-mate was the more highly rated safty by far going into the combine. You may have hit the nail on the head in terms of the reason he just has not processed the information quick enough like Jason Allen when given the opportunity. Coaching will have to step up to make that happen.
IMO we have to look at CJ Spiller pretty hard based on Parcells blue print. Ronnie is a great talent but cannot stay healthy carrying the load on his own and Ricky should be a situation back to lessen the load. Unless one of those stud DT or LB falls to us I believe that Spiller could be a smart choice. We have to have a dependable NT and RB in order for the is offense to spin.

awesome interview... i love Ireland interview because he'll talk it like he sees it...

I think we are missing the best part of this Q & A article, I can perceive the great communication on the team management, how they recognize each other job, great chemestry, we can see it not only on the staff but also the players, how comfortable they feel with them, as they say "HONESTY"is a big part of this bussines and a reason to believe not only for the player but for us. They recognice how they failed some times and is great to hear that they are open to any circumstance on the comming scenario, FA and Draft, even if they have to take some risks.

Earl Thomas is 5'9 and 190 pounds. he is not getting drafted by this regime due to his small stature and plethora of other things.

Actually he is 5'10" and 197lbs, 1" and 5 lbs shorter than Vontae. Plus he is still pretty young and definitely has the ability to both grow and add muscle.

And by plethora of other things you must mean:

Third-year safety who has started 26 games over the last two years ... a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award (nation's top defensive back) ... a consensus first-team All-America selection ... posted 143 tackles, (96 solo), eight TFL, 10 INTs, 33 PBU, five forced fumbles and a blocked punt for his career ... has returned two of his INTs for TDs ... started all 13 games at strong safety in 2009 ... a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection ... compiled 71 tackles, (45 solo), five TFL, 16 PBU and eight INTs (No. 1 on UT's single-season list) ... his 24 passes defended rank first nationally and his eight INTs are tied for second ... his two INT returns tied UT's single-season record ... started all 13 games at strong safety in 2008 ... named first-team Freshman All-America by College Football News and Sporting News ... tabbed honorable mention All-Big 12 ... was second on the team with 63 tackles ... led the team with 17 PBU (No. 1 on UT's all-time freshman list) ... also tallied two INTs, three TFL, four forced fumbles and a blocked punt ... gained valuable experience working at both safety and cornerback as a redshirt in 2007 ... was a four-sport letterman and an honor roll student as a prepster ... tabbed all-state as a senior ... was a three-year starter at DB, RB and WR ... also lettered in basketball, baseball and track and field.

Yeah he definitely doesn't fit the description of someone our FO would like to have.

where did "sounds like he will be aggressie in FA" come from? he siad ntn to it besides the CBA info.

Actually he is 5'10" and 197lbs, 1" and 5 lbs shorter than Vontae. Plus he is still pretty young and definitely has the ability to both grow and add muscle.

And by plethora of other things you must mean:

Third-year safety who has started 26 games over the last two years ... a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award (nation's top defensive back) ... a consensus first-team All-America selection ... posted 143 tackles, (96 solo), eight TFL, 10 INTs, 33 PBU, five forced fumbles and a blocked punt for his career ... has returned two of his INTs for TDs ... started all 13 games at strong safety in 2009 ... a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection ... compiled 71 tackles, (45 solo), five TFL, 16 PBU and eight INTs (No. 1 on UT's single-season list) ... his 24 passes defended rank first nationally and his eight INTs are tied for second ... his two INT returns tied UT's single-season record ... started all 13 games at strong safety in 2008 ... named first-team Freshman All-America by College Football News and Sporting News ... tabbed honorable mention All-Big 12 ... was second on the team with 63 tackles ... led the team with 17 PBU (No. 1 on UT's all-time freshman list) ... also tallied two INTs, three TFL, four forced fumbles and a blocked punt ... gained valuable experience working at both safety and cornerback as a redshirt in 2007 ... was a four-sport letterman and an honor roll student as a prepster ... tabbed all-state as a senior ... was a three-year starter at DB, RB and WR ... also lettered in basketball, baseball and track and field.

Yeah he definitely doesn't fit the description of someone our FO would like to have.

I hope you know that Vontae was listed as 6'0 and 6'1 in college. I've stood next to Thomas a BUNCH of times, and he is 2 inches shorter than me, me being a legit 5'11.

Michael Crabtree was listed as 6'3 and 215 but he is barely 6'0

I hope you know that Vontae was listed as 6'0 and 6'1 in college. I've stood next to Thomas a BUNCH of times, and he is 2 inches shorter than me, me being a legit 5'11.

So big deal, he is somewhere between 5'9" and 5'10" tall, I just went with the given info. Why don't you expound on the PLETHORA of reasons why this FO wouldn't want him. Here is a site talking about his huge ballhawking ability, great leadership, and intelligence, all qualities put in very high regard by our FO. I would have copy and pasted it but it is copywrited in its original page.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72083&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS

After reading thatb article it reminds me that the guys in charge of running a football team(any team for that matter) are the luckiest guys in the world in regards to their job.

Look at how much time we fans invest in following a team & players and such now imagine you get paid for it wow what a dream job!.

Sure the pressure is immense but so is taking care of a familly making $8-$9-$10 an hr or worse, so everyone feels that pressure.

To hear Ireland say when Im on the road and we talk about players man that would be awsome.

Anyway he did give much away and said some positive things regarding the youngsters to lets see what happens.

I thought you were 6'10"??:ponder:
Anyway, for being only 5'11" you had an awesome NBA career.:bowdown:

LOL!

Back
Top Bottom