New OC Chan Gailey system is a perfect fit - For Josh Rosen | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC Chan Gailey system is a perfect fit - For Josh Rosen

Best part of this is hearing there may be five teams that think Rosen still has plenty in the tank and is somewhat coveted. I am one of the believers, I do not think he sucks. I think in the right situation, he is a star. I have no problem keeping Fitz/Rosen for the next couple of years and using our accumulated picks elsewhere.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I think Rosen is being developed and will have the opportunity to compete for this job...he is cheap and has potential, his trade value is not greater than his potential here.

I also think they will continue drafting QB’s to compete... and will likely draft a QB high this year.

Great points. If Miami does actually likes Rosen, they sure have hid that well. But that would be smart heading into a draft where everyone expects the Dolphins to go quarterback.

Couple of other points. Gailey always had a pretty successful running game working off that spread. That may have been the biggest reason for his hire. Plus, Flores knows Fitzpatrick is a stop-gap. O'Shea's system was apparently very complex. Gailey's is more simple, which could benefit Rosen, or another quarterback drafted by Miami.

Why does everyone assume you only have one young developmental QB?

Drafting a QB high does not necessarily mean they have given up on Rosen.... it means they will not put all of their eggs in one basket...seems smart football strategy to take as many shots as possible to find a great QB.

Anyone who denies the bad hand dealt Josh Rosen at UCLA....the worst team in the NFL with a decimated O-line in Arizona in 2018....and Miami team that stripped itself of talent to rebuild... including getting rid of it’s best two O-lineman....is ignoring reality and the truth.

None of the above means Josh Rosen will eventually succeed.... it means he is still a 22 year old QB (younger than Burrow)...and had much to learn due to poor coaching and bad situations... he is being developed and hopefully he succeeds.

I love anything that threatens the narrative that Tua is definitely going to be our QB...

Tua supporters have had their say about Rosen. Herbert, Burrow has shut up all but the most fanatical supporters...

I don't hope for Tua's downfall if we draft him, but it would sure be worth it to watch the unemployment rate for chefs plummet due to having to serve up crow to so many people.
Are you warming up to herbert at all yet Dphinz :)

Are you warming up to herbert at all yet Dphinz :)

Not at all...

I just won't hold my nose. Hopefully, Flores knows what he sees. I wouldn't select him to run a spread. I like him on a power running team, sorta like the situation Tannehill . and Dak are in.

Best part of this is hearing there may be five teams that think Rosen still has plenty in the tank and is somewhat coveted. I am one of the believers, I do not think he sucks. I think in the right situation, he is a star. I have no problem keeping Fitz/Rosen for the next couple of years and using our accumulated picks elsewhere.
What is the right situation? So far on two teams he has not been impressive and couldn't even beat out Fitz.

Not at all...

I just won't hold my nose. Hopefully, Flores knows what he sees. I wouldn't select him to run a spread. I like him on a power running team, sorta like the situation Tannehill . and Dak are in.
I'm going keep trying to sway you ;) at least a lil bit.

Which means that if he can't play well in Gailey's system, we need to cut his ass.

Obviously we are drafting a Qb this year but they should also be repairing the OL in the process. The only thing Miami can do right now if put a decent line out there and get Rosen some exposure (behind a good line for once) so they can recoup some of the investment they made in him.

Maybe he flashes after 3 off-seasons. In any case they will know what they have (behind the scenes) but they should set him up to succeed publicly. That means giving him a package of plays that he does well and let him audition. Some team this or next year will have an injury and need a QB.

I think the Dolphins will absolutely take Tua at 5.

I also think there's zero chance Tua last until 5 and we're trading up for him.

While I understand Tua as a high valued prospect pre-injury, I just cannot get on board the trade up train to get him, nor do I think it is necessary. Tua would have to be mobile and throwing before the draft for that to even be a consideration, which from my understanding to date is highly unlikely. Honestly, if Miami doesn't take him at 5th overall, I believe he will slide quite a bit until he hits the first team that has at least another year or two with high to solid veteran QB play To nurse the injury before starting , or He may even drop to the low first round. If the Dolphins really want him at 5th, I truly believe he will be there, but I honestly think they can trade down and still get him.

Yeah right. Rosen will be a politician in two years. He’s got no game.

Yeah right. Rosen will be a politician in two years. He’s got no game.

I think youre right. Rosen's best hope, actually, is if we draft Tua and stick him on the pup list for the season. That would give him one more year to prove himself.

If we somehow landed Burrow you can kiss Rosen goodbye.

Last edited:
I was just watching the Senior Bowl highlight and saw that Herbert was 69.1% on his play action passes in 2019 and something like 16 TD's with only 1 INT on those 69% Play Action passes. Given Gailey loves the Play Action pass Herbert has to be on his radar.

Back
Top Bottom