News from California.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News from California....

svnrdr

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was just listening to XTRA Sports 690 radio show that is based in Los Angeles and San Diego….

• It looks like Mat Leinhert will stay in school for another year. Carson Palmer advised him to stay for one more year to build arm strength. (I don’t really agree as he will be a top 5 pick guaranteed this year, so why?) Also, I heard ML say in a short audio excerpt that he is 90/10% staying in school as “the NFL will be there in another 10 monthsâ€Â. (Still speculation though)
  • I saw another post here stating that th SD Chargers were going to fire Marty Schottenheimer….(Nothing noted on that on Charger talk)
  • Drew Brees must be signed (or franchised tagged) prior to Feb 1st as the three teams already making noise in his direction are Green Bay, Arizona, and Detriot. Detroit is denying that they are cutting Harrington. There was no mention of Miami….

http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/main.htmlßLink to the site

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Matt Leinhert is going to be the real deal. Although I'd like to see AJ grow into a quality starter and the Fish trade down for some additional picks to shore up the RB and O-Line positions.

If Brees isn't franchised, expect Green Bay to be heavly in the running for his services....

I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow to find out...what he'll do. Dreaming of those millions tonight can change any person's mind. Lets see...12-15 mil in one hand...and wishing in the other...which one would matter to you?

Arizona is 20mil under the salary cap and of the GB, AZ, and Detroit, I think AZ has the most $$$ to offer. Although I am a DIEHARD Fins fan, I also like GB, the GREATEST football town available, and I feel they would have the most to offer, at least from a purest standpoint.

san diego is in great shape cap-wise and draft pick wise. they should be legit AFC contenders for the next couple of years

...AND they are a really young team. Personally, I'd (SD Mgt) keep them both, play Brees next year as an insurance policy with Rivers as backup...let their value continue to go up for another year...

svnrdr said:
  • Detroit is denying that they are cutting Harrington. There was no mention of Miami….

uhh, no their not. in fact their saying the exact opposite.

svnrdr said:
I saw another post here stating that th SD Chargers were going to fire Marty Schottenheimer….(Nothing noted on that on Charger talk)
I hear Mandich say this about 90 minutes ago... it was more like a hunch, no facts to back it up.

Nappy Roots said:
[/list]
uhh, no their not. in fact their saying the exact opposite.
I heard they were completely denying the story about Harrington being cut, where did you hear differently?

It looks like Mat Leinhert will stay in school for another year. Carson Palmer advised him to stay for one more year to build arm strength. (I don’t really agree as he will be a top 5 pick guaranteed this year, so why?) Also, I heard ML say in a short audio excerpt that he is 90/10% staying in school as “the NFL will be there in another 10 monthsâ€Â. (Still speculation though)

Well this is conflicting with the ESPNews report just shown which interviewed an LA beat writer who spoke with Leinart this morning. He said that Leinart is still undecided & will go on a gut feeling. He inquired about where he would be drafted yesterday & is worried about being hurt next year & losing out on multi-millions & only get one or two million from the insurance policy.

Why would the Chargers now fire Marty Schottenheimer after he took his team from 4-12 to 12-4 and clinced a playoff berth in about a decade? Doubt it happens, but if it does, it will be one of the most puzzling moves in NFL history.

svnrdr said:
I was just listening to XTRA Sports 690 radio show that is based in Los Angeles and San Diego….

• It looks like Mat Leinhert will stay in school for another year. Carson Palmer advised him to stay for one more year to build arm strength. (I don’t really agree as he will be a top 5 pick guaranteed this year, so why?) Also, I heard ML say in a short audio excerpt that he is 90/10% staying in school as “the NFL will be there in another 10 monthsâ€Â. (Still speculation though)
  • I saw another post here stating that th SD Chargers were going to fire Marty Schottenheimer….(Nothing noted on that on Charger talk)
  • Drew Brees must be signed (or franchised tagged) prior to Feb 1st as the three teams already making noise in his direction are Green Bay, Arizona, and Detriot. Detroit is denying that they are cutting Harrington. There was no mention of Miami….
http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/main.htmlßLink to the site
Saban should fly out to Cincinnatti and kick Carson in the nads. What the hell is he thinking? This only hurts our opportunities to trade down.

ML better declare for our sake regardless of what we do with our pick. The more talent...the more value that 2nd pick has.

Back
Top Bottom