News from California.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News from California....

With Norm Chow likely leaving Matt Leinart is making a big mistake not coming out IMO. It also makes you wonder if his desires will always be looking back at college and if he even wants to be a top pro athlete.

ckparrothead said:
With Norm Chow likely leaving Matt Leinart is making a big mistake not coming out IMO. It also makes you wonder if his desires will always be looking back at college and if he even wants to be a top pro athlete.

who says Norm Chow is leaving?

If Norm Chow wants to come to the NFL Saban better at least send a flyer to see how he feels about the job!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
If Norm Chow wants to come to the NFL Saban better at least send a flyer to see how he feels about the job!
If we could hire Chow as our OC, that'd be the greatest move we could possibly make IMO. Having a veteran OC would take the pressure off the defensive-minded Saban, and give us a leader on that side of the ball who actually has a figgin clue what hes doing.

ckparrothead said:

Chow isn't leaving. He has no desire to go to the NFL. He wants to be a college head coach & he's very picky as to where he goes. He was hurt when Stanford didn't offer him the job but Walt Harris has a strong relationship with Stanford's AD so it's easy to see why he was chosen. Chow will get his college HC job next year.

SMadison29 said:
Chow isn't leaving. He has no desire to go to the NFL.

You MAY be right, on what basis would you make such a strong statement?

I find it funny when someone makes such a strong statement as to what someone wants out of their career without knowing that individual in any way whatsoever.

SMadison29 said:
Well this is conflicting with the ESPNews report just shown which interviewed an LA beat writer who spoke with Leinart this morning. He said that Leinart is still undecided & will go on a gut feeling. He inquired about where he would be drafted yesterday & is worried about being hurt next year & losing out on multi-millions & only get one or two million from the insurance policy.
only one or two million gees i wish i could just think like that.

You MAY be right, on what basis would you make such a strong statement?

I find it funny when someone makes such a strong statement as to what someone wants out of their career without knowing that individual in any way whatsoever.

Because I'm a USC fan & have been so since the early Carson Palmer days. I made the bold prediction that he would win the Heisman & be the first QB taken in 03. There have been articles about Chow in SI & ESPN the magazine this year, announcers talk about his feelings during the games, & the same LA beat writer on ESPNews said so today. It's not a big secret if you follow USC.

SMadison29 said:
Chow isn't leaving. He has no desire to go to the NFL. He wants to be a college head coach & he's very picky as to where he goes. He was hurt when Stanford didn't offer him the job but Walt Harris has a strong relationship with Stanford's AD so it's easy to see why he was chosen. Chow will get his college HC job next year.
I agree about Chow staying in college. In my opinion, I don't think Chow will leave the Pac-10.

-------------
In My Opinion

Chow has NOTHING to stay for at USC...His chance for a HC job for a quality college team this season is past. I'll bet if the Dolphins called him and offered him the O.C. job and at the right price...he would jump at the offer. He's not a youngster and jobs for great franchises in the NFL don't come often. If you read what he said...I've done everything I can do at USC....it's time to move on. Now ask yourself this, IF he doesn't want to leave USC...why would he say he did? And IF he does leave USC...Why would he take a HC job at a lesser school...knowing that it would take years to possibly build that team up? Years he obviously doesn't have...the ring is the NFL...Not college.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Saban should fly out to Cincinnatti and kick Carson in the nads. What the hell is he thinking? This only hurts our opportunities to trade down.

ML better declare for our sake regardless of what we do with our pick. The more talent...the more value that 2nd pick has.
What will it take for people to understand that we will not use both our top two 2005 draft picks on QBs -- despite whatever skeptisism saban may or may not have regarding feeley

I'll bet if the Dolphins called him and offered him the O.C. job and at the right price...he would jump at the offer.

It would have to be because Chow is the highest paid assistant coach in the country before his incentives kicked in on two NCs.

TorontoFin said:
What will it take for people to understand that we will not use both our top two 2005 draft picks on QBs -- despite whatever skeptisism saban may or may not have regarding feeley

What will it take for people to understand that the pick traded for AJ is a SUNK COST and should not be considered when determining anything? I'm not saying go draft a QB, but you can't say that we won't do that because we used that pick on one. What if AJ had fallen off of the face of the earth because he wanted to go be one with nature? Would you just expect we'd go without a QB this year? :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom