News from California.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News from California....

Nublar7 said:
Why would the Chargers now fire Marty Schottenheimer after he took his team from 4-12 to 12-4 and clinced a playoff berth in about a decade? Doubt it happens, but if it does, it will be one of the most puzzling moves in NFL history.
because when it comes to the playoffs, marty is about the most conservative coach i've ever seen, and his record shows it! :shakeno:

svnrdr said:
I was just listening to XTRA Sports 690 radio show that is based in Los Angeles and San Diego….

• It looks like Mat Leinhert will stay in school for another year. Carson Palmer advised him to stay for one more year to build arm strength. (I don’t really agree as he will be a top 5 pick guaranteed this year, so why?) Also, I heard ML say in a short audio excerpt that he is 90/10% staying in school as “the NFL will be there in another 10 monthsâ€Â. (Still speculation though)
  • I saw another post here stating that th SD Chargers were going to fire Marty Schottenheimer….(Nothing noted on that on Charger talk)
  • Drew Brees must be signed (or franchised tagged) prior to Feb 1st as the three teams already making noise in his direction are Green Bay, Arizona, and Detriot. Detroit is denying that they are cutting Harrington. There was no mention of Miami….
http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/main.htmlßLink to the site
If I was Leinart I would come out this year. If he does not go to the 49ers we'll get him. The chance of being the potential future QB for 2 quality franchises beats having to go to some perennial lame duck like the Bengals.

Jimmy James said:
What will it take for people to understand that the pick traded for AJ is a SUNK COST and should not be considered when determining anything? I'm not saying go draft a QB, but you can't say that we won't do that because we used that pick on one. What if AJ had fallen off of the face of the earth because he wanted to go be one with nature? Would you just expect we'd go without a QB this year? :shakeno:
Yes, it is a sunk cost. Along with the 4th for Vernon, 2 1st rounders for Ricky, and 2nd rounder for Wade Smith (turned into Corey Dillon):fire: .

We should trade no matter what. Get back some picks in rounds that we haven't drafted in since Wanny got here. Miamirw has made a great argument about the depth at the QB position and I agree. What is the drop off between Rodgers and Orton or Orlovsky? As a matter of fact, before Orton got hurt everyone was starting threads about him being our next QB.

I think people are more infatuated woth actually selecting at the 2nd pick, 5 minutes into the draft, than anything else.

Nublar7 said:
Why would the Chargers now fire Marty Schottenheimer after he took his team from 4-12 to 12-4 and clinced a playoff berth in about a decade? Doubt it happens, but if it does, it will be one of the most puzzling moves in NFL history.
he has one more year on his contract im pretty sure. alot of people are sick of his conservative approach to offense. he is seeking an extension i believe and if MS is not with the chargers next year it will be of his own will.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
We should trade no matter what. Get back some picks in rounds that we haven't drafted in since Wanny got here.

In theory, I like this idea as well. It's only a theory until we have a real live trading partner, though. I really don't give a damn about picking 2nd -- it isn't about where you pick but instead who you pick. I would think Miami fans would understand this given the number of diamonds we have found outside the 1st round, the number of 1st round busts we have had, and the fact that we found the greatest QB ever in the last half of the first round.

Yeah, there is an infatuation with picking in the top-three I'm sure. Is Leinhert really a top-three pick or is he the best out of a weak crop of QB's. I do believe, if he comes out, that he will be a quality signal caller, but worthy of pick# one or two?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was also reported yesterday that Leinhart was working on throwing his deep out routes all week preparing for the combine. BTW- The same report (Came from Dolphins hater Steve Hartman on Xtra690) said that they did not think Leinhart would be the first pick of the draft, but rather QB Rodgers from Cal would be the SF pick. So if Leinhart does come out he'll be there at 2 if this idea pans out. Maybe he hasnt really decided which way to go. Hartman said "why would Leinhart want to come out and play for the Dolphins...that we will be horrible."

DOLFANMIKE,

Good to see another SoCal Fin fan here! I live in Huntington Beach.

Anyway, I have wanted to go through the radio myself any number of time for Hartman's neck for being the SoCal Anti-Fin!

I don't think we will have any idea who'll the 49ers take until they get their new coach, but everything I've heard is that they are really high on Rodgers and have scouted his every game.

Did you happen to make the trip to to see the Miami/SanFran game? I did, even though the game really sucked, it was worth every second of it and the 9er fans couldn't talk there usual lame BS smack because no matter how bad we sucked, they sucked it up more.

Last edited by a moderator:
svnrdr said:
DOLFANMIKE,

Good to see another SoCal Fin fan here! I live in Huntington Beach.

Anyway, I have wanted to go through the radio myself any number of time for Hartman's neck for being the SoCal Anti-Fin!

I don't think we will have any idea who'll the 49ers take until they get their new coach, but everything I've heard is that they are really high on Rodgers and have scouted his every game.

Did you happen to make the trip to San Fran to see the game? I did, even though the game really sucked, it was worth every second of it and the 9er fans couldn't talk there usual lame BS smack because no matter how bad we sucked, they sucked it up more.
No, the wife had some pretty serious surgery that week so we stuck around the house and healed up. We're excited about next year though. We'll go to SD game and anything else out west. It's too bad too as she really wanted to go up to SF and enjoy the scene up there.....

Back
Top Bottom