News from California.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News from California....

SMadison29 said:
Well this is conflicting with the ESPNews report just shown which interviewed an LA beat writer who spoke with Leinart this morning. He said that Leinart is still undecided & will go on a gut feeling. He inquired about where he would be drafted yesterday & is worried about being hurt next year & losing out on multi-millions & only get one or two million from the insurance policy.
Like I said it is just speculation at this point for all of us. What I heard from his interview just this morning was that he is still undecided; however the comment that the NFL will still be there in 10 months "to me" sounds like he is staying in school. I am NOT trying to stir up a rumor mill here. These are "my" feelings from the interviews I have heard here locally, nothing more.

There is no reason Lienart should stay in school. Even if he totally sucks (Leaf) he will be set for life. Going back to school will not improve his draft status.

Nublar7 said:
Why would the Chargers now fire Marty Schottenheimer after he took his team from 4-12 to 12-4 and clinced a playoff berth in about a decade? Doubt it happens, but if it does, it will be one of the most puzzling moves in NFL history.
Agreed....It would be REALLY stupid!!! It was posted on another Thread that MADDOG predicted his being fired.

Drfletcherdc said:
There is no reason Lienart should stay in school. Even if he totally sucks (Leaf) he will be set for life. Going back to school will not improve his draft status.
I totally agree...he really sounds like a kid with his head on straight, so you never really know. I HOPE he declares...I firmly feel from watching him play these past couple years he is the real deal....not a superstar, but a SOLID franchise player.

Why trade Brees? At least he is proven. You don't know about Rivers, trade him and keep Brees. I'm sure the veteran players would like to have Brees over a rookie.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
ML better declare for our sake regardless of what we do with our pick. The more talent...the more value that 2nd pick has.

This isn't necessarily true. Let's say a team has fallen in love with whoever would go 3rd if ML declares and is willing to break the bank for him. Let's say just for the sake of argument that it's Philly and Edwards is who they want. If ML doesn't declare, they then have to trade with us instead of the Browns in order to make sure they get their man.

Which seems to be true...I know that Rivers really alienated himself by holding out. He sure screwed himself out of starting thats for sure. The job, even though he was a rookie, was his to lose.

Jimmy James said:
This isn't necessarily true. Let's say a team has fallen in love with whoever would go 3rd if ML declares and is willing to break the bank for him. Let's say just for the sake of argument that it's Philly and Edwards is who they want. If ML doesn't declare, they then have to trade with us instead of the Browns in order to make sure they get their man.
That's true. I didn't really think of it that way. I would still rather have him declare.

AggieFin21 said:
If Brees isn't franchised, expect Green Bay to be heavly in the running for his services....

Cowgirls as well.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
That's true. I didn't really think of it that way. I would still rather have him declare.

I would too, and I do think it is likely to help us trade down if he does. I was just pointing out that it can also work the other way. We won't know until all the top guys have their workouts, though.

my bad, i read the post wrong. i thought it said that Detriot is talking not denying. i already posted in another thread from KFFL that they said they werent going to cut him.

Not only that, but I think last year's QB draft has to still be considered.

It was Manning, Roethlisberger, and Rivers...Rivers greatly improved his standing at the Senior Bowl and Big Ben slipps to #11. Now it is Big Ben strutting his stuff and 14-0 as a starter and looking like the next GREAT QB in the league.

SMadison29 said:
Well this is conflicting with the ESPNews report just shown which interviewed an LA beat writer who spoke with Leinart this morning. He said that Leinart is still undecided & will go on a gut feeling. He inquired about where he would be drafted yesterday & is worried about being hurt next year & losing out on multi-millions & only get one or two million from the insurance policy.
I agree and think Leinart would be a fool to stay in school because he can't top what he did this year winning the Heisman and the national championship with that great game he played, he can only go down hill from here. He can always go back and get his degree with all the millions he will get if he comes out right now.

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
I agree and think Leinart would be a fool to stay in school because he can't top what he did this year winning the Heisman and the national championship with that great game he played, he can only go down hill from here. QUOTE]

I dunno...three-peating as National champs is not going down hill.

Back
Top Bottom