Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
If the mods feel the need to move this to the draft forum, I understand, but as this is a large event that pertains to the fins I thought the main forum would be appropriate.

D0VtgYWW0AAOgvL.jpg:large

Here is a general schedule for the combine. Tomorrow it is o-line weigh-ins. A critical area of need for the Dolphins.

It'll be interesting to see how close D.K. Metcalf can get to a Calvin Johnson type combine performance - 6'5", 239 lbs, 4.3 forty, etc.

Although the medicals will still be the most important aspect for Metcalf to ace.

He won't get the 40. Johnson was so smooth ... better, more fluid player, overall. I don't see the same movement skills with Metcalf. It gets interesting in the 2nd, though.

It'll be interesting to see how close D.K. Metcalf can get to a Calvin Johnson type combine performance - 6'5", 239 lbs, 4.3 forty, etc.

Although the medicals will still be the most important aspect for Metcalf to ace.

I don't think anyone will get close to what Johnson did...he was a physical anomaly. I tried to find info on D. Thomas's combine (to no avail) as I think that is a good comparison.

Hot damn I can't wait! Starting with day 1, the OL, I'm very excited to see the new Brian Flores Miami Dolphins and who our first draft class might be!

I can't wait for this but I hope I don't get too wrap up on the numbers. Happens every year with different players that have great numbers but never live up to it once the lights go on

I'm going to bring up TJ Hockenson. I think @TedSlimmJr mentioned him a while back and I began to pay more attention to him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-of-worlds-as-a-blocker-dynamic-pass-catcher/

I don't know if we would take him, but I would be rather happy if we did. My goodness is he a legit prospect.

Help me and others out here OP that haven't watched this kid play. What can he do "better" than the current talent on our roster? The highlights you posted and that I watched shows him receiving. A lot of them were the free release and busted defensive assignments variety.

What can he do clear cut better than what's on our roster? Also, the eye-ball test makes him look like a tweener type of guy size-wise. Similar to and ironically the former FSU guy we picked up.

Help me and others out here OP that haven't watched this kid play. What can he do "better" than the current talent on our roster? The highlights you posted and that I watched shows him receiving. A lot of them were the free release and busted defensive assignments variety.

What can he do clear cut better than what's on our roster? Also, the eye-ball test makes him look like a tweener type of guy size-wise. Similar to and ironically the former FSU guy we picked up.

Ive read this guy thrashes DE's as a blocker. Legit or Elite in both run blocking and pass blocking. Great hands, very high ceiling. Again just from what I've read.

Last edited:
Ive read this guy thrashes DE's as a blocker. Legit or Elite in both run blocking and pass blocking. Great hands, very high ceiling. Again just from what I've read.

If true? That's the type of stuff you want to hear. Now, unless he's the next Gronk, I don't know how the Dolphins draft that position at @13 with so many other higher priority needs.

It's in the article I posted.

IT has clips of everything he does...his hands and route running is far better then anyone on the team. His blocking is on another level all together.

I would pay close attention to the last few clips in particular.

The biggest question will be if Miami falls in love with a quarterback. I keep hearing that teams will love Haskins football intelligence. That could move him up.

Since the Dolphins don't have a franchise quarterback that position still could be very much in play.

Back
Top Bottom