Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

The guys I am most excited to see..

Ed Oliver

Josh Allen

Reshaun Gary

Devin Bush

I think all 4 could post some eye popping numbers.

Some things I'm watching:

Outside of Devin White, who we expect to test great, which LB's (who have solid tape) will run in the low 4.6's or better? Or, for Miami, which big LB's will run in the low 4.7's or 4.6's?

The CB group is very tight. Which players will separate themselves from the pack? And, which will drop?

Can burns show up at a defent weight and test like a high-end athlete? Are Josh Allen and Jachai Polite as athletic as advertised/as they appear? Can guys like Zach Allen and Anthony Nelson show enough juice to warrant Day-2 consideration? Which guys will surprise? Few expected Frank Clark to put on a show, but four years later, he's going to be a very rich man. How are Porter Gustin's medicals? Is Rashan Gary a freak athlete or just a good athlete?

We expect Fant, though not as good as his teammate, to kill it. Will one of the other TE's join or exceed him?

Which WR's break 4.4? Slimm mentioned Metcalf, who probably has the highest ceiling in the class, but E. Hall and A. Isabella have some outstanding attributes, and blazing times would open up their projections.

Which of the high-end OL will show the necessary agility?

Some things I'm watching:

Outside of Devin White, who we expect to test great, which LB's (who have solid tape) will run in the low 4.6's or better? Or, for Miami, which big LB's will run in the low 4.7's or 4.6's?

The CB group is very tight. Which players will separate themselves from the pack? And, which will drop?

Can burns show up at a defent weight and test like a high-end athlete? Are Josh Allen and Jachai Polite as athletic as advertised/as they appear? Can guys like Zach Allen and Anthony Nelson show enough juice to warrant Day-2 consideration? Which guys will surprise? Few expected Frank Clark to put on a show, but four years later, he's going to be a very rich man. How are Porter Gustin's medicals? Is Rashan Gary a freak athlete or just a good athlete?

We expect Fant, though not as good as his teammate, to kill it. Will one of the other TE's join or exceed him?

Which WR's break 4.4? Slimm mentioned Metcalf, who probably has the highest ceiling in the class, but E. Hall and A. Isabella have some outstanding attributes, and blazing times would open up their projections.

Which of the high-end OL will show the necessary agility?

40 is cool for the WR's but I would be more interested in who has the best 3 cone shuttle.

40 is cool for the WR's but I would be more interested in who has the best 3 cone shuttle.

None of the tests are particularly important for WR's. Really, you're just looking for a WR to show that he isn't a complete slug and to do well in one of any of categories (speed, burst, agility). But, the 40 is a good indicator of who can take the top off the defensive. It's a specific role and doesn't equate to overall success, but it's valuable in of itself. Production and tape are more important, but when you combine them with high-end speed, you have a WR that demands attention and opens things up for everyone else. Hill, Cooks, and Fuller are good examples.

If true? That's the type of stuff you want to hear. Now, unless he's the next Gronk, I don't know how the Dolphins draft that position at @13 with so many other higher priority needs.

Brian Ballinger posted on Twitter yesterday Hockenson pancaking a defensive end. If I had to bet on which prospect would be a future hall of famer I’d bet on Hockenson.

Here are the times for people speaking today. Coach Flores speaks at 9:00 am

upload_2019-2-27_6-58-26.png

As a potential upgrade at center...

McCoy is my first choice, but Bradbury is a guy I would target as well.

Brian Ballinger posted on Twitter yesterday Hockenson pancaking a defensive end. If I had to bet on which prospect would be a future hall of famer I’d bet on Hockenson.
Was that DE Charles Harris? If it was it doesn't count.

Back
Top Bottom