Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

Today we get QB weight-ins.

Over/under for Kyler Murray 5' 9 1/2"

Right now, if we are to go QB...Haskins and Murray are the only two I would consider. Everyone else is blah at best. I take time every morning to say a small prayer to the gods of football.

"Dear Sweet baby Czonka, do not let the Dolphins draft, Daniel Jones" I then say 10 "Hail Shulas". Finger crossed it works.

I wonder if Murray adding all that weight will make him run slower than he would have otherwise?

I wonder if Murray adding all that weight will make him run slower than he would have otherwise?

I think that is possible as well, but these guys train to perform well in those areas...I think it will be interesting to see what he does and doesn't do. In the end, I don't think it matters, I doubt anyone can question that athleticism.

I keep hearing so many draft gurus saying Nick is a better prospect than Joey and it confuses me. While Nick was very good he didn’t completely take over games like Joey and Joey had a clean injury history for the most part. I think Nick is more powerful and maybe a step quicker but I don’t think he’s the technician Joey is. I do believe Nick will have a better combine than Joey, assuming he does all the drills. In the end I’d probably take Williams #1 because pressure up the middle is my thing and I have this gut feeling Nick might be more like dad and be somewhat injury prone. I don’t however have Allen or Oliver in their class although Oliver is a tough eval because of how he was used in college.

Most would agree with you that Williams and Bosa are better prospects than Allen and Oliver. I like the type of pass rusher Bosa is more than Allen, but Allen just put together one of the best seasons in SEC history, and I like his character much better than I do Bosa's. Oliver is the only one in the group that has been great for 2+ years, and his rare burst, agility, and quickness will translate imo.

I also think Joey was better than Nick.

Yeah, he comes across as a POS...I could be wrong, but didn't he have some questionable tweets as well including calling out Urbz about his offense with a mobile QB? In the end...I think the value of edge rushers (like QBs) will push some players higher up in the draft because of positional value.

On another topic, @datruth55 and I discussed Murray a bit in chat and think that due to bulking up for the combine weigh in you will not see him throw. He's put on close to 15-20 lbs in a very short period of time and he looks thick (almost like a little body builder) and as a result, that added bulk could throw off his throwing motion. I think he will end up throwing at his pro day after he's had a month of being off the heavy lifting and 300 grams of protein each day. I would expect him to be closer to the 190ish range for his proper playing weight and to see him bulk up more gradually. I don't think this hurts him as a player...all these guys train specifically for the combine, I just don't see 206 plus as being his "real" weight.

He's among my least favorite people in the class. I'm rooting for him to become a better person, but I won't be rooting for his success in the NFL. If I were an actual GM, I wouldn't draft him just because I wouldn't want him associated with my team.

I think Murray won't throw, because he has nothing to gain by doing so. His tape shows one of the most accurate QB's of the decade and a STRONG arm. Nowhere to go but down, throwing to WR's he's never worked with. If he really bulked up to the point it'd affect his ability to throw, I'd question the wisdom of his team/trainers. Not saying it's not a possibility, but I think the former reasoning is more plausible.

Most would agree with you that Williams and Bosa are better prospects than Allen and Oliver. I like the type of pass rusher Bosa is more than Allen, but Allen just put together one of the best seasons in SEC history, and I like his character much better than I do Bosa's. Oliver is the only one in the group that has been great for 2+ years, and his rare burst, agility, and quickness will translate imo.

I also think Joey was better than Nick.

Joey was a lot better than Nick. The only question people had about Joey came when I think he didn't perform as expected at the combine so people thought he may not be athletic enough. I think Nick is more athletic and a great prospect in his own right but he does have maturity issues (or at least he really hated Urban Meyer) and I feel like a lot of his production was manufactured a bit more than Joey's... as in I feel Joey was the guy teams planned against on tat DL while Nick has always had other great players so didn't really face double teams.

Joey was a lot better than Nick. The only question people had about Joey came when I think he didn't perform as expected at the combine so people thought he may not be athletic enough. I think Nick is more athletic and a great prospect in his own right but he does have maturity issues (or at least he really hated Urban Meyer) and I feel like a lot of his production was manufactured a bit more than Joey's... as in I feel Joey was the guy teams planned against on tat DL while Nick has always had other great players so didn't really face double teams.

Joey didn't have great speed or burst, but his bend for a guy with his size and strength was special. 6.89 3 Cone at 269 is pretty elite. I do expect Nick to also do very well in the agility drills and probably run and jump better, but I agree that Joey was just significantly better coming out.

He's among my least favorite people in the class. I'm rooting for him to become a better person, but I won't be rooting for his success in the NFL. If I were an actual GM, I wouldn't draft him just because I wouldn't want him associated with my team.

I think Murray won't throw, because he has nothing to gain by doing so. His tape shows one of the most accurate QB's of the decade and a STRONG arm. Nowhere to go but down, throwing to WR's he's never worked with. If he really bulked up to the point it'd affect his ability to throw, I'd question the wisdom of his team/trainers. Not saying it's not a possibility, but I think the former reasoning is more plausible.

No, I think the only thing that is even in question is the size. Everything else is there for people to see and it is damn impressive.

Best offensive prospect not named Kyler.

On that note, I think OL may be the most difficult position to evaluate. A lot of can't miss players miss and a lot of nobodies become good. I know Bill Polian said one of the goals he has for AAF is to help develop OL as he feels the NFL lacks good OL. I listen to Greg McElroy's show on ESPNU Radio and he says that there is a huge issue with OL going down to high school as well.

Today we get QB weight-ins.

Over/under for Kyler Murray 5' 9 1/2"

Right now, if we are to go QB...Haskins and Murray are the only two I would consider. Everyone else is blah at best. I take time every morning to say a small prayer to the gods of football.

"Dear Sweet baby Czonka, do not let the Dolphins draft, Daniel Jones" I then say 10 "Hail Shulas". Finger crossed it works.
ill take the under...

Back
Top Bottom