Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

If you consider Ross wanted to trade down last year, very badly, probably not with an eye on a specific QB but to start acquiring the asset's needed to acquire that specific QB when the brain trust finds their guy.

Last year you had a chance at a hall of fame caliber player (and might've gotten one) just based on the QB's that came off the board before we picked.

I have little doubt we will be moving down from 13.

I don't see Haskins or Murray being available, likely the FO concludes that pretty quickly too.

Foles going to Jacksonville does keep a foot (maybe just a toe) in the door for one of those 2 QB's being available to us.

I'm not sure if we should read into this or not....

Exactly what a gm should say if he wants to dangle that pick out there as a carrot.

The head coach seemed to be more definitive with his words with regards to rosen today. “There’s a reason we took him top 10” etc.

Exactly what a gm should say if he wants to dangle that pick out there as a carrot.

The head coach seemed to be more definitive with his words with regards to rosen today. “There’s a reason we took him top 10” etc.

I can't imagine passing on baby Bosa, but if you get a crazy offer then it may be worth it in the end.

In the end I think they stand pat, draft Bosa and if Rosen doesn't turn out...you have two classes of QBs coming up that you can take another swing at.

I can't imagine passing on baby Bosa, but if you get a crazy offer then it may be worth it in the end.

In the end I think they stand pat, draft Bosa and if Rosen doesn't turn out...you have two classes of QBs coming up that you can take another swing at.
Best for us if they take Bosa (or any non QB) and Rosen succeeds. So they are one less team in competition with us for a QB at the top of a future draft.

Bosa is interesting, because his profile doesn't match his hype or tape. I tend to think the latter will outweigh the former, but he's never put together a great season. He was on pace for one before his injury, but that was before the meat of OSU's schedule. I still have him as a Top 10 prospect, and a great Combine would go a long way, but I don't see him as the clear-cut top guy that most do. Murray, to me, is the obvious dynamo in the class. Heading into the Combine, I like Q. Williams, E. Oliver, and J. Allen all better than Bosa. Think their ceilings are just as high, if not higher, that they've all shown more, and they're not (to my knowledge) entitled douchebags.

Bosa is interesting, because his profile doesn't match his hype or tape. I tend to think the latter will outweigh the former, but he's never put together a great season. He was on pace for one before his injury, but that was before the meat of OSU's schedule. I still have him as a Top 10 prospect, and a great Combine would go a long way, but I don't see him as the clear-cut top guy that most do. Murray, to me, is the obvious dynamo in the class. Heading into the Combine, I like Q. Williams, E. Oliver, and J. Allen all better than Bosa. Think their ceilings are just as high, if not higher, that they've all shown more, and they're not (to my knowledge) entitled douchebags.

I keep hearing so many draft gurus saying Nick is a better prospect than Joey and it confuses me. While Nick was very good he didn’t completely take over games like Joey and Joey had a clean injury history for the most part. I think Nick is more powerful and maybe a step quicker but I don’t think he’s the technician Joey is. I do believe Nick will have a better combine than Joey, assuming he does all the drills. In the end I’d probably take Williams #1 because pressure up the middle is my thing and I have this gut feeling Nick might be more like dad and be somewhat injury prone. I don’t however have Allen or Oliver in their class although Oliver is a tough eval because of how he was used in college.

Yeah, he comes across as a POS...I could be wrong, but didn't he have some questionable tweets as well including calling out Urbz about his offense with a mobile QB? In the end...I think the value of edge rushers (like QBs) will push some players higher up in the draft because of positional value.

On another topic, @datruth55 and I discussed Murray a bit in chat and think that due to bulking up for the combine weigh in you will not see him throw. He's put on close to 15-20 lbs in a very short period of time and he looks thick (almost like a little body builder) and as a result, that added bulk could throw off his throwing motion. I think he will end up throwing at his pro day after he's had a month of being off the heavy lifting and 300 grams of protein each day. I would expect him to be closer to the 190ish range for his proper playing weight and to see him bulk up more gradually. I don't think this hurts him as a player...all these guys train specifically for the combine, I just don't see 206 plus as being his "real" weight.

Yeah, he comes across as a POS...I could be wrong, but didn't he have some questionable tweets as well including calling out Urbz about his offense with a mobile QB? In the end...I think the value of edge rushers (like QBs) will push some players higher up in the draft because of positional value.

On another topic, @datruth55 and I discussed Murray a bit in chat and think that due to bulking up for the combine weigh in you will not see him throw. He's put on close to 15-20 lbs in a very short period of time and he looks thick (almost like a little body builder) and as a result, that added bulk could throw off his throwing motion. I think he will end up throwing at his pro day after he's had a month of being off the heavy lifting and 300 grams of protein each day. I would expect him to be closer to the 190ish range for his proper playing weight and to see him bulk up more gradually. I don't think this hurts him as a player...all these guys train specifically for the combine, I just don't see 206 plus as being his "real" weight.

That was an OT recruit who ended up going to Clemson who was bashing Urban. Many around the program were frustrated JT Barrett was the starter his senior year when both Haskins and Burrows were clearly better than Barrett.

Nick was a pretty quite dude at OSU compared to Joey. He was far from a POS.

Reactions: A1.
That was an OT recruit who ended up going to Clemson who was bashing Urban. Many around the program were frustrated JT Barrett was the starter his senior year when both Haskins and Burrows were clearly better than Barrett.

Nick was a pretty quite dude at OSU compared to Joey. He was far from a POS.

What about the borderline racist tweets?

Back
Top Bottom