nfl draft rumors | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

Per La Canfora: Titans love Andy Dalton and would consider taking him at #8...even if Gabbert is there...please god let them do so so we don't...

Per La Canfora: Titans love Andy Dalton and would consider taking him at #8...even if Gabbert is there...please god let them do so so we don't...

Atleast they "get it" in terms of wanting their franchise QB, even if it means reaching for him. I highly disagree with them but who am I to be giving them advice.

Miami could do the same with Kaepernick at 15.

If Titans take Dalton in round one then they already have a terrible draft.

I don't see them passing up Fairley if he is there at 8 though. Not with his college defensive position coach now coaching with the Titans. I think that is one of the locks of round 1, unless somebody grabs him earlier. I'm more confident about that pick than I am Cam Newton at #1.

cam newtons goin #1...i'm pretty much sure of that

personally i think fairley falls out of the top 10...if someone does take him though it will be tennessee imo...the coaching connection b/t his former dline coach at auburn and the fact that he's the dline coach in tennessee now seems to have me thinking he might vouge for fairley

i know this...i wouldn't touch him with a top 10 pick...i don't even think top 20 i'd touch him

cam newtons goin #1...i'm pretty much sure of that

personally i think fairley falls out of the top 10...if someone does take him though it will be tennessee imo...the coaching connection b/t his former dline coach at auburn and the fact that he's the dline coach in tennessee now seems to have me thinking he might vouge for fairley

i know this...i wouldn't touch him with a top 10 pick...i don't even think top 20 i'd touch him

In the mock my fantasy board did, I had the Titans and got FLAMED for passing up Fairley and drafting J. Jones. Not a Britt fan.

In the mock my fantasy board did, I had the Titans and got FLAMED for passing up Fairley and drafting J. Jones. Not a Britt fan.

Britt has flashes of being a good player, unfortunately he doesn't flash enough (inconsistent).

RUMORS UPDATE: Dallas is down to Prince, JJ and Costonzo. They would trade down if Prince isn't there and if the compensation is good enough, would trade down even if Prince was there. Looks like it's a toss up between Prince and JJ right now for them with Costonzo being their other option.

Cardinals do want to trade back. Why? They want Kolb, they know they will have to give up a high draft pick next year to get him, they know he will be available for the right price. So, trading down gives them extra picks to makeup for the one/s they will lose for Kolb. They believe Kolb can jump right in and make them a playoff team again, plus would keep Fitz happy. They are hoping for a 2012 1st round pick but would settle for a 2nd this year and next plus some other mid to late round pick/s.

Panthers = Cam Newton, but not everyone in clubhouse on board yet, that's why we haven't heard anything definite yet.

if dallas doesn't trade out i will be quite surprised if the picks not tyron smith or jj watt...and i'm gonna lean with smith

Dalton in the top 10 would make me laugh so hard I'd be in danger of hurting myself. Good lord that's awful.

What's interesting about all of these "trade down" rumors is that I doubt there's many teams that actually want to trade up. The compensation might be less or even much less than normal... draft pick capitalism at work.

Ireland has always said he would be willing to trade up to get a certain player....i think that is about gabbert however.

Titans would be crazy enough to take Dalton in the top 10. They aren't exactly the most conventional team when it comes to drafting.

From Scott Wright of DraftCountdown.com:

1) philly and marvin austin

2) cam jordan and redskins

Starting to see a late flurry of mocks preojecting Von Miller to the Broncos. Kiper and Mayock both have him pegged as well as a good few others I seen.

Miller was there on Wednesdat and said:

"My visit with Denver went very well," Miller said. "Coach (Richard) Smith, coach (John) Fox, John Elway, all those guys were great. It would be a blessing if I got to play in Denver."

Dont think anyone saw that on the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom