NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

My response doesn't matter and neither does yours because we're not in training camp with a finalized roster.

Do you understand that? Do you get some sort of added satisfaction to complain before it's even done?

This is a message board for the Dolphins. Why wouldn’t we discuss these things? It’s literally a place for civil discourse.

What I’m trying to do is find out why some people aren’t concerned about the oline as posted in this thread and countless others. Maybe they have some insight I’ve missed. So far the only replies I’ve gotten are “trust the process” type answers. It’s baffling to me why there is trust when recent history says there really shouldn’t be.

Lol that’s full of it and you should know it. It doesn’t matter where you’re drafted because Players from successful programs get over drafted all the time. It’s ironic that you showed your work and ended up proving my point. Who on that list would you consider a good player right now? That would be a good indicator of being over drafted and overrated in college. In short, that line wasn’t as near as dominate as your pretending. The tape doesn’t lie and there are plenty of those games on YouTube.
Again I'll say it slowly.

It doesn't matter how they play as pros, it matters what they were in college, which is the point of this discussion. These players all showed they have significant skillsets and played well in their college program otherwise they don't get drafted.

Example: Doug Flutie was a great college player, but not such a great NFL player. Kind of a simple point...

This is a message board for the Dolphins. Why wouldn’t we discuss these things? It’s literally a place for civil discourse.

What I’m trying to do is find out why some people aren’t concerned about the oline as posted in this thread and countless others. Maybe they have some insight I’ve missed. So far the only replies I’ve gotten are “trust the process” type answers. It’s baffling to me why there is trust when recent history says there really shouldn’t be.

It’s not that there’s no concern it’s more that there were no viable solutions. Oline market was awful this offseason and just about every average olinemen got wayyyyy overpaid. We didn’t have a first and even then probably about a 40/60 solid/bust ratio in the 1st which gets way worse as rounds go on. We signed Wynn who if we get who he was his first 3 out of his 4 year then he’s our second best lineman. Nothing to do but wait for June 1st cuts might see a nice vet there but it’s not like pro bowl or even above average lineman we’re just sitting there and we ignored them.

if we put too much weight on past oline success the team is doomed no matter what they do. In the past decade or so the team has tried drafting olinemen early in the draft, in mid rounds and the later rounds. They have seen their share of failure going any of these routes.

They've tried signing big name free agents, aging free agents and former highly regarded young linemen as reclaimation projects. They have failed here too.

They have have tried hiring big named oline coaches and young unknown coaches... more failure.

Just saying there really isn't a route the team hasn't tried and failed. We just have to hope this time things wrok out better and that past failures doesn't mean that this year's attempt, regardless of how the team tries to solve the issue, will fail as well.

Again I'll say it slowly.

It doesn't matter how they play as pros, it matters what they were in college, which is the point of this discussion. These players all showed they have significant skillsets and played well in their college program otherwise they don't get drafted.

Example: Doug Flutie was a great college player, but not such a great NFL player. Kind of a simple point...

My point was that regardless of their draft position, they weren’t all that good in college. Their deficiencies were hidden. Go…watch.. the..tape! You’ll see for yourself that they definitely were not some unmovable wall in front of Tua. They were decent against low comp but not very good against quality opponents. They were drafted on potential, not as finished products. Nfl scouts thought they had the raw physical tools to get better. Well they may have but they’re the same quality of player. It’s just more noticeable now because there isn’t an Appalachian state in the nfl.

Flutie was pretty good with the bills and Chargers. Again, I suggest you actually watch the tape.

I've been saying it since Chris Grier has been in the front office. It is the reason I have never had faith in Grier and don't believe it will ever change. He has given no indication that he views the unit as anything more tan a ancillary position. Maybe the new coaches will work magic, but it is hard to hold out any hope.

Tua's injuries was because of holding the rock too long, instead of hitting check downs he gets locked in on a bigger play and thusly put himself in trouble.

Tua's injuries was because of holding the rock too long, instead of hitting check downs he gets locked in on a bigger play and thusly put himself in trouble.

Tua isn't good at protecting himself. He's got to get better at that, but this is also a case where I think there's some valid criticism. Kid has elite talent and the right mindset to use it, but whether or not his body can hold up for a full season remains an area of concern.

That's where you want to see the decision-makers in the organization -- the people paid to figure this **** out -- actually take steps to protect their best assets.

Back
Top Bottom