NFL investigating Patriots for filming Bengals playcalls | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL investigating Patriots for filming Bengals playcalls

$60 on amazon for the physical book. I'll have to pass.

What is the general outline of the book and what happened?
Well, I got the electronic version back then for $10. I haven't held a hard cover in my hands in like 10 years. :lol:
It basically touches on
- sideline to helmet communication all the way to the snap (cut off is 15 seconds left on the play clock)
- coaching booth to helmet communications (which is illegal)
- listening devices in visiting teams locker room (P Manning was quoted as saying 'to move play talk from the locker room to the hallway because it feels like someone is listening' [paraphrasing])
- odds and disparity on some of the Patriots accomplishments
- witness testimony which suddenly were quieted just before a Congressional hearing
...stuff like that.

It outlines what they did, how they most likely do it and the role of Ernie Adams as the mastermind who breaks the signals down and calls plays through the second headset channel of brady, right down to the snap (no 15 second cutoff). Quotes former players on strange things they noticed, like Flutie, the day he picked up Brady's spare helmet by accident, defensive players being given opposing teams' sigs before a game. Shows statistically (with help from a new American statistician who has no knowledge of the NFL and therefore no loyalty to a or against any team) why we should not believe that their success is merely outcoaching and outworking everyone else. Explains how they keep chain of command in order to minimize who knows about their illegal methods, which is why McDaniels went from cleaning up pylons in practice to being the faux OC so quickly, for example. References McDaniels' Spy Gate attempt gone wrong in Denver as well. Looks at the horrific track records of almost every Pats coaches once they leave and have the benefits of cheating removed. One guy was about mediocre but that was in like division 3 college or division 2 high school or something like that IIRC. Also explains why we should not believe they ever stopped spying. Explains the NFL's role in allowing them to continue as they are.
Lots more. It's a good little read so just wait until it's on sale.
Excellent summary.

It would be so funny if they lost to the 1 win Bengals after cheating. Hopefully the end is near if they are worried about Bengals.

So I want to say first, that I am not saying Flores would do this, conspired to do this, or had any hand in it.
I do want to propose a question:
Upon reading that article, it seems fair to say that New England may have been trying to film Cincinnati in order to steal their signals(that there was an attempt to destroy the recording is damning); It also fits with the history of the Patriots, since they have been punished for filming other teams in the past.
To my question: Flores, having been in the NE organization for quite some time, may have been aware that the Patriots do this. He may have benefitted from knowledge gained from the recording. I am not saying that Miami is going to go this route, but my question is: If Flores is aware of New England's "tricks", what advantage does it give us moving forward? Would he know the Patriots' practices so he could block any filming; would he create "dummy" hand signals to trick them? Is this just too much conspiracy theory going on in my head to make this post worth while?
Anyway- the first thing that popped into my head when I read the article was that a coach in New England's system would certainly have knowledge of all this, and how does it affect Miami now?

I don't think there's many people on the planet Earth that actually believe that the Patriots need to steal the signals of the Bengals in order to beat them.

I don't think there's many people on the planet Earth that actually believe that the Patriots need to steal the signals of the Bengals in order to beat them.
Doesn't seem very smart to do it in the press box wearing a Patriots coat either

This is really SAD and SICK at the same time!

The N F L has looked like a "fixed league" for a long time

with obvious officiating bias and scheduling preferences

for a few teams -- certainly at the top of that list is the Cheats.

All I can say is if they were indeed filming the Bengals they must be

doing this to every team because you would think the Cheats would

be confident in that win -- without having to cheat!

And some idiots really think Brady is the "goat!"

Effing laughable!

That's not the point, is it? What they did to the Bengals could be SOP for the Patriots in prep for ANY opponent. Which clearly could be an unfair advantage. That is why they made the rule, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom