NFL playoff structure is about to be changed. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL playoff structure is about to be changed.

Am I the only one that hates this? Feels like the NBA playoffs where ****ty teams get in. I feel like it would be watered down.
[/QUO

Based on what has been reported about comments from many of the players, I don’t see this new 17 game
regular season being part of the CBA as it is now being presented by the owners. The higher earning players in the league would make significantly less money for playing in the 17th game than they would make playing in the other 16 games because the owners proposal states that the top pay for the 17th game would be $250,000. While that might appear to be a lot of money to most of us. For the higher paid players in the NFL that amount is quite a bit less than they earn for playing in the other 16 games.

I just don’t see this CBA being an easy negotiations between the owners and the players association and I think it is more likely the 2021 season will be impacted by a players strike than the two sides reach an agreement before the 2021 season begins.

I like it. Playoff football is my favourite time of the year and let's not forget that the current playoff structure we have was put in place when the NFL had less teams. Not sure about the 17th regular season game though but I'm not complaining as a fan because I love watching football and more football on TV is good with me.

I like it but one change I’d like and I heard discussed is players can only play in 16 games. Meaning you have to be strategic in which games to sit your stars. They have to miss 1 game a season so you have to play your backups when you can strategically

this is due to safety or injury concerns for the players. I’m not sure if it is happening though. Rosters need to expand regardless which means a higher cap I imagine

If you consider all the TV time outs, halftime etc then an NFL player spends 11 minutes working in a 3 hour timeframe. I like to call that a casual Sunday afternoon.
Racing is similar. You spend the whole day preparing and then 10-15 minutes of actual driving. If you are a driver only it’s a pretty casual day.

I also like the expansion to 17 games. One preseason game will be eliminated. I actually would like to see 18 games with only 2 preseason games. It makes preseason gaemes more meaningful.
Over the years everybody has cashed in on the NFL. The players, the coaches, NFL, advertisers, sports networks - everybody - except the fan who has to pay more and more for less football.
On an average an NFL player is only 11 minutes/game actually in motion. 11 minutes in a 60-minute game. The rest is spend on the sidelines, in the huddle etc. If you consider all the TV time outs, halftime etc then an NFL player spends 11 minutes working in a 3 hour timeframe. I like to call that a casual Sunday afternoon.

I don't want to come across as condescending, but have you payed organized football? Those 11 minutes are physically exhausting. we've all seen players start of 4Q (8 minutes of 11?) gasping for breath. worn out. Still panting on the sidelines. Hardly a "causal Sunday afternoon."

Another unnecessary change in order to wring a bit more money out of the game by a bunch of rich arseholes. Watered-down playoffs don’t benefit anyone, no matter what horseshit line about ‘increasing the NFL experience for fans’ they come up with.

As for the increase in games, I have no issue with it but sufficiently compensate and protect the players, you cheap bastards.

Another unnecessary change in order to wring a bit more money out of the game by a bunch of rich arseholes. Watered-down playoffs don’t benefit anyone, no matter what horseshit line about ‘increasing the NFL experience for fans’ they come up with.

As for the increase in games, I have no issue with it but sufficiently compensate and protect the players, you cheap bastards.
The current schedule and playoff format is perfect the way it is now.

Not gonna lie, I like this.

The extra preseason game was unnecessary and that extra week of real games, that extra playoff game...oh people are gonna eat it up.

everybody except the players. let's face it, if the current contracts don't get adjusted or the new CBA doesn't consider this appropriately, the players are effectively gonna play for roughly 6 % less of their salary

everybody except the players. let's face it, if the current contracts don't get adjusted or the new CBA doesn't consider this appropriately, the players are effectively gonna play for roughly 6 % less of their salary

I get that, I'm not saying they should like it...I was only referencing how fans would feel about it.

Back
Top Bottom