NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief

That's bullshit, AT&T sucks because the hassel one has to go through to get a product at a reasonable price. They're product is overpriced considering all the other viewing options are out there. As a customer for over 20 years I know what experiences have been with the varying levels of their customer service. What is the extent of your dealings with DirecTV, to make a vague comment about the legitimate posts that have been made?

DirecTV prior to being bought out by ATT would give long time customers a discount. Their CS was pretty decent and almost cable local worthy.

But since they have been losing money forever, they were bought out. ATT just put a stop to these types of deals people grew accustomed to. I actually think they are trying to zero out DirecTV to just another streaming type platform. As most of anything they offer outside of live TV, is broadband based.

When I say 'free', I mean, like someone else had said, they give me a discounted rate for the ticket then monthly credits off of my bill, which when added up equates to not only getting the Sunday Ticket for free, but getting additional money off of my bill making it cheaper than it would've been if I didn't order the ticket. Sometimes they'll throw in a few months of HBO's too.

But this year was different. A few months ago I got an e-mail saying they were giving it to me for free without having to do anything.

Now whether you want to believe I'm 'lucky' or 'bullshitting is of no consequence to me. The opinions of me from some random anonymous poster on an online message board mean absolutely nothing to me. But I'm sure you can google it and find stories of others doing the same. Doesn't just apply for DirecTV either. I get my satellite radio for mine and my wife's cars at a discounted rate also. You just have to call and negotiate.

My advice to you if you have tried and failed for 15 years is to try harder. Always be polite, never demand anything, but never accept anything less than a deal that gives it to you for free. If they won't give it to you, tell them you want to set a cancellation date for a few weeks from now. This puts the ball in their court and although it's never gone that far with me, I'd guess that someone in customer retention would reach out to you and try to offer you a better deal after a day or two. If they mention fees for early disconnection, tell them you have spoken to another service provider and they said they would reimburse you for the fees.

With so many other options available to watch sports now, DirecTV doesn't want to lose any customers, even if they're making less from them that they could. Something is better than nothing.

Just be polite. Firm, but polite.

TFK

DirecTV isnt a separate entity, its ATT. From CS to truck rolls.....its ATT through and through. Making me wonder if you have dealt with them at all since they were bought out.

I goto att.com to pay my freaking bill.

DirecTV isnt a separate entity, its ATT. From CS to truck rolls.....its ATT through and through. Making me wonder if you have dealt with them at all since they were bought out.

Well, considering it's been a couple of years since ATT took over DirecTV, and I've negotiated the Ticket for free every year going back 10 years or so, the answer is obviously yes.

TFK

Well, considering it's been a couple of years since ATT took over DirecTV, and I've negotiated the Ticket for free every year going back 10 years or so, the answer is obviously yes.

TFK

My brother has had them longer than I, and he left it last year once they wouldn't give him his typical discount.

So i guess you are the lucky one.

The last call i had with their CS, i am close to leaving also.

Again makes me wonder.....but you do you

My brother has had them longer than I, and he left it last year once they wouldn't give him his typical discount.

dtv.jpg

TFK

Same with me. Once it became ATT, man the Customer Service went straight into the toilet!

Back
Top Bottom