NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief

Danny, what service do you stream from?
Sorry Wishfishin, we cannot post game day streaming links here, it infringes on the copyright protections of the NFL and is against our rules for obvious reasons, we do not support this type of action. Search around online, you can find them...

Now that they are under new ownership they’ve basically said that they will rely on their Sunday ticket folks picking up tbe slack for business losses elsewhere. In fact it’s part of their plan.

in other words expect to pay for the service or to be told take a hike

Last edited:
I have had the NFL Sunday ticket for at least 15 years. Since football will not resemble any football season in history, has anyone considered canceling or asking for a monetary discount?
Some fans. No fans. NFL games will not be the same in any respect. But it looks like Directv has not even considered this issue fans will face in the upcoming months. Payments start in August
I assume many fans will do what I have done. At least inquire about a discount or drop the Ticket altogether?

So, I call today and ask them to cancel my subscription to the Ticket. (to see what they would do to keep me around)
They oblige and make no effort to keep me and my subscription. So its canceled.
I was a bit shocked as I have been with them for so long. Not even an offer. Nothing.
So, internet TV is looking better and better to me. But I want/need Sunday Ticket regardless.

What are you other guys with Sunday Ticket going to do? Pay full price? Try to get a discount? Remember, next month is when they start adding the extra charge for the Ticket.
I just checked my bill and it shows the NFL Max ticket free for me this year no. I got an email back in April saying they're going to give it to me for free. I normally call the loyalty department every year and threaten to cancel to get the ticket for free. Even last year I canceled DirecTV for 3 weeks and called back and they give me the ticket for free and equipment upgrade as well as flooring my monthly bill without signing a contract. I hate DirecTV but it's my only option cuz we can't get internet where I live it's worth a damn. I think this is my 21st year of getting the NFL ticket.

Careful talking about streaming options guys

But man, the fact that the nfl hasnt adapted to some kind of team specific streaming package to offer people, is nuts. Especially those of us that cheat their system a little bit to get it, its just bogus how hard they make it

DirecTV has been an even worse s***show since AT&T bought them. I have about an $800 loyalty credit spread out over twelve months and my bill is never the same. I didn't subscribe to the 'Ticket last year....there's other ways to get the Dolphins games.

Completely agreed! AT&T suck, and the CS has taken a total nosedive! I cancelled my ST last year as well.

I haven't paid for the Sunday Ticket in over 10 years. Every year before the season starts I call and very politely tell them I'm cancelling my service, because the only reason I have it is for the football package and that it's too expensive. Some times they'll try and lowball me by offering a monthly discount, like $10, which I politely decline. Then they offer the whole thing for free.

Works every year. This year I didn't even have to bother, the sent me an e-mail a few months ago saying they were already giving it to me for free.

I thought everybody did this.

TFK

I haven't paid for the Sunday Ticket in over 10 years. Every year before the season starts I call and very politely tell them I'm cancelling my service, because the only reason I have it is for the football package and that it's too expensive. Some times they'll try and lowball me by offering a monthly discount, like $10, which I politely decline. Then they offer the whole thing for free.

Works every year. This year I didn't even have to bother, the sent me an e-mail a few months ago saying they were already giving it to me for free.

I thought everybody did this.

TFK
I've had DirecTV for almost 20 yrs, they never gave it to me for free outright. They always gave me a $50-$60 per month discount for 12 months. Essentially giving me more than free Sunday Ticket. But today they didn't budge. So I canceled.

I'm normally pretty good about getting credits that more than make up for the Sunday Ticket fee, but I usually wait to call right up until Week 1. Didn't work last year and now that I complained about erroneous charges on my bill and they gave me a $800 loyalty credit, I might be sol. I'll still call early Sept and see what they'll do. I love the 'Ticket, but I can work around not having it.

DirecTV sucks I totally agree. However, watching the games is the most important thing of my Dolphin fanship. I could live without ever spending another dime on anything that says Miami Dolphins on it, this website, Dolphins related podcasts, fantasy football pretty much anything football related as long as I get to see the Dolphins games. I honestly can’t fathom being such an enthusiast about the Dolphins that I visit a fan site just about everyday but miss the games.

With that being said I negotiate for the ticket every year. I haven’t paid full price in years and have even managed to get it free a few times. They are throwing it in with their streaming service for 2020, I’m going to switch soon.

I have had the NFL Sunday ticket for at least 15 years. Since football will not resemble any football season in history, has anyone considered canceling or asking for a monetary discount?
Some fans. No fans. NFL games will not be the same in any respect. But it looks like Directv has not even considered this issue fans will face in the upcoming months. Payments start in August
I assume many fans will do what I have done. At least inquire about a discount or drop the Ticket altogether?

So, I call today and ask them to cancel my subscription to the Ticket. (to see what they would do to keep me around)
They oblige and make no effort to keep me and my subscription. So its canceled.
I was a bit shocked as I have been with them for so long. Not even an offer. Nothing.
So, internet TV is looking better and better to me. But I want/need Sunday Ticket regardless.

What are you other guys with Sunday Ticket going to do? Pay full price? Try to get a discount? Remember, next month is when they start adding the extra charge for the Ticket.

Will not pay until like week 6 at the earliest.

I just dont think the season will play out in its entirety at this point.

If you know someone at a 4 year university they offer the online sunday ticket for 100. Just need the school name student name and birthday

Back
Top Bottom