NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief

The streaming service can only be used if you reside in an area where DirecTV isn’t available, a college dorm, or an apartment building. None of which applies to me
Actually not true, or misinformation. I have Directv available in my area and I actually tried their streaming service
Wasn’t an issue where I live

The RUMOR is Apple TV will be the new home of the Sunday Ticket in a few years ( possibly next year even). They want it really bad. It's gonna be the same type of deal, where everyone will have to have APPLE TV in their home and then the Sunday Ticket will be a charge on top of that, and the fee will be similar to what it is now. And it will only be streamable on iPhones is the rumor so they can help damage the droid/Samsung business and increase iPhone sales.

We will see, but its been rumored for a while.

I have purchased the NFL Sunday ticket a few times over the years but since I have been a season ticket holder for 40 years, it really didn’t make much sense to have the subscription
I have had the NFL Sunday ticket for at least 15 years. Since football will not resemble any football season in history, has anyone considered canceling or asking for a monetary discount?
Some fans. No fans. NFL games will not be the same in any respect. But it looks like Directv has not even considered this issue fans will face in the upcoming months. Payments start in August
I assume many fans will do what I have done. At least inquire about a discount or drop the Ticket altogether?

So, I call today and ask them to cancel my subscription to the Ticket. (to see what they would do to keep me around)
They oblige and make no effort to keep me and my subscription. So its canceled.
I was a bit shocked as I have been with them for so long. Not even an offer. Nothing.
So, internet TV is looking better and better to me. But I want/need Sunday Ticket regardless.

What are you other guys with Sunday Ticket going to do? Pay full price? Try to get a discount? Remember, next month is when they start adding the extra charge for the Ticket.
I have direct TV, my internet through AT&T and our cell phone service with the company. I also own 5000 shares of AT&T, (for the dividend) and they didn’t offer me any kind of discount when I decided to add the Sunday ticket for the 2020 season after I decided to not renew my Dolphin season tickets because of the virus. So I am not surprised that the company didn’t offer you a reduction in price when you cancelled your subscription for Sunday ticket.

Thanks for the info. I was just going off of the streaming apps info. I’ll check it out. True game changer if it works
Yeah, was last year and it could be confusing because at the time their info was very confusing and not helpful at all. Even trying to contact them to cancel the stream was a hassle

The moment there is a legitimate way to stream games without Sunday Ticket, or any other means of knowing for a fact you can watch your team play without the Sunday Ticket, DirecTV will be a goner. When the package was recently up for re-bid, I was praying someone else (Amazon or something) would get it. In the past, when you called DirecTV and complained or threatened leaving, they would bend over backwards with discounts, etc. I got the ticket at no charge twice. So done with them as soon as I am positive I can watch all Dolphins games here in IL.

The question I asked the "suck wads" was about games. What if we loose two three games to the virus? What if they shut down mid season? What happens if there is no season at all? No fans in stadiums?

The CSR told me they would credit my account for any lost games. So I asked for ala carte and let me pick which games I wanted to see. He had no answer and the sports package guy could care less. It was almost as if he was enjoying himself.

I will renew. I will try for a break. But in the end I will pay like I have always done before.

Well that's what's weird about it I got an email back in April and I know quite a few other people who had did to that they were getting the NFL ticket for free as a courtesy. El Calebra said he's been a customer for at least 15 years I would assume that he should fall under that same type of courtesy considering he's a loyal customer. I've only paid for the ticket maybe twice in 20 years or so. A few years ago I paid $100 for it. But I've never had a contract that overlapped my NFL ticket service so I wouldn't renew for 12 months and get the ticket for free but I would try to renew prior to them starting to charge for the ticket.

They offered me nothing. They gladly obliged and canceled my Ticket subscription.
Looking back at my records I have been with them since 1994. 26 years. I also had the big analog dish before the Direct dish just for Dolphin games.
So, I have really paid my dues and this was what I got.

My wife watches internet TV and I am considering dropping the service after the season and use internet. Then up it again the following fall.
Who knows? Maybe they change their stance?

The question I asked the "suck wads" was about games. What if we loose two three games to the virus? What if they shut down mid season? What happens if there is no season at all? No fans in stadiums?

The CSR told me they would credit my account for any lost games. So I asked for ala carte and let me pick which games I wanted to see. He had no answer and the sports package guy could care less. It was almost as if he was enjoying himself.

I will renew. I will try for a break. But in the end I will pay like I have always done before.
I get you. Only because I live in SW Fla where I KNOW I'll get all of the Phins games has me thinking of canceling. Basically the ST is only helpful for 1 and 4 games on Sunday. So for me knowing the Phins will be on locally and mostly at 1, I'm paying just to tape another 1 pm game and get a specific 1 pm game.

Yes I’m going to pay the full price but I’m looking forward to the day I can cancel Direct TV and I think it’s coming soon.

Well guys, I just canceled my DirecTV altogether. I switched to Verizon Fios TV and their Cellular Service. It'll cost me much less than what I was paying with AT&T. They hood winked me when I left Verizon 3 years ago. I should have never done that. You live and learn. I've been a DirecTV customer since 1997 and to be honest, it's a sad day for me. I'll just watch the Dolphins games via streaming for now. Hopefully the NFL will find a new home for The Sunday Ticket soon. Once that becomes official, I'll probably switch again. Good Luck to all.

What I have done for years is get a VPN. Buy NFL Game Pass Europe and watch all the games LIVE as you set your country to Italy, France, UK, or any country in Europe. It only cost $199.99 for all the games. Or if you are not willing to do that you can google search NFL STREAMS. There are many sites to do so. Hit me with a PM and I will give you them.

I'm not sure what universe you live in as I have had Direct for more than 15 years and have paid every year. You are either the luckiest man in the world or you are bullshiting. No disrespect, but I have never heard of what you describe and Direct does not give things away for free.
Now, I have received discounts. Pretty good discounts. But never once did I get the ticket for free. And I have tried. Many many times.

When I say 'free', I mean, like someone else had said, they give me a discounted rate for the ticket then monthly credits off of my bill, which when added up equates to not only getting the Sunday Ticket for free, but getting additional money off of my bill making it cheaper than it would've been if I didn't order the ticket. Sometimes they'll throw in a few months of HBO's too.

But this year was different. A few months ago I got an e-mail saying they were giving it to me for free without having to do anything.

Now whether you want to believe I'm 'lucky' or 'bullshitting is of no consequence to me. The opinions of me from some random anonymous poster on an online message board mean absolutely nothing to me. But I'm sure you can google it and find stories of others doing the same. Doesn't just apply for DirecTV either. I get my satellite radio for mine and my wife's cars at a discounted rate also. You just have to call and negotiate.

My advice to you if you have tried and failed for 15 years is to try harder. Always be polite, never demand anything, but never accept anything less than a deal that gives it to you for free. If they won't give it to you, tell them you want to set a cancellation date for a few weeks from now. This puts the ball in their court and although it's never gone that far with me, I'd guess that someone in customer retention would reach out to you and try to offer you a better deal after a day or two. If they mention fees for early disconnection, tell them you have spoken to another service provider and they said they would reimburse you for the fees.

With so many other options available to watch sports now, DirecTV doesn't want to lose any customers, even if they're making less from them that they could. Something is better than nothing.

Just be polite. Firm, but polite.

TFK

Back
Top Bottom