NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief

ATT knows they have a monopoly, and it even bigger this year. I would be surprised if the didn't have a dramatic price increase this year (I haven't seen if priced have been released yet).

I’m beyond shocked that DirecTV hasn’t made the Sunday Ticket available for streaming. With the way the world is headed now, you’d think they’d make a killing by offering the service that way, rather than forcing people into using the dish

I'll be paying whatever I have to. i won't lie.
I live in Buffalo NY and have had the ticket from day one, well over 20 years.Worth every penny in my eyes.
What can I do other than pay.

I’m beyond shocked that DirecTV hasn’t made the Sunday Ticket available for streaming. With the way the world is headed now, you’d think they’d make a killing by offering the service that way, rather than forcing people into using the dish
Not sure where you got that info from. I’ve been a Sunday Ticket subscriber since its inception but I did check into their streaming service because of pricing. I didn’t end up going with their streaming service because right now they are limited on the frills they offer as in how many TVs I can watch at the same time and recording and saving shows. But they do offer the Ticket in the streaming service but of course in limited capacity. I like to have three games on at once on three different tv’s in my man cave and the stream won’t allow that so right now I’m stuck with traditional Directv

Not sure where you got that info from. I’ve been a Sunday Ticket subscriber since its inception but I did check into their streaming service because of pricing. I didn’t end up going with their streaming service because right now they are limited on the frills they offer as in how many TVs I can watch at the same time and recording and saving shows. But they do offer the Ticket in the streaming service but of course in limited capacity. I like to have three games on at once on three different tv’s in my man cave and the stream won’t allow that so right now I’m stuck with traditional Directv

The streaming service can only be used if you reside in an area where DirecTV isn’t available, a college dorm, or an apartment building. None of which applies to me

Does anyone have experience with YoutubeTV? It's live streaming and I heard you can tune in to local broadcasts, so wondering if you could tune to Miami's CBS station during game time.

Apparently AT&T and Directv suck because they don’t give away their product for free.

Apparently AT&T and Directv suck because they don’t give away their product for free.
That's bullshit, AT&T sucks because the hassel one has to go through to get a product at a reasonable price. They're product is overpriced considering all the other viewing options are out there. As a customer for over 20 years I know what experiences have been with the varying levels of their customer service. What is the extent of your dealings with DirecTV, to make a vague comment about the legitimate posts that have been made?

Is it a guarantee every week. Basically you KNOW you will sit down at 1 and see the game. If there is any chance of not seeing it or getting it late I wouldn’t be interested.

I watched every game last season, of any team I wanted, in HD, streaming. It was pretty easy.

Well, they know we can't go to sports bars to watch like we could have in prior years so they have us by the short and curlies. I've had Sunday ticket for the last 10 of the last 12 years (spent two years where I couldn't get it). Strongly considering dropping it if I don't get it for free like I did last year. There are streaming options that are available even though they aren't as good.

I haven't paid for the Sunday Ticket in over 10 years. Every year before the season starts I call and very politely tell them I'm cancelling my service, because the only reason I have it is for the football package and that it's too expensive. Some times they'll try and lowball me by offering a monthly discount, like $10, which I politely decline. Then they offer the whole thing for free.
Works every year. This year I didn't even have to bother, the sent me an e-mail a few months ago saying they were already giving it to me for free.
I thought everybody did this.
TFK

I'm not sure what universe you live in as I have had Direct for more than 15 years and have paid every year. You are either the luckiest man in the world or you are bullshiting. No disrespect, but I have never heard of what you describe and Direct does not give things away for free.
Now, I have received discounts. Pretty good discounts. But never once did I get the ticket for free. And I have tried. Many many times.

I've had DirecTV for almost 20 yrs, they never gave it to me for free outright. They always gave me a $50-$60 per month discount for 12 months. Essentially giving me more than free Sunday Ticket. But today they didn't budge. So I canceled.

This has been my scenario. Exact scenario. And they did not budge for me yesterday either. I even told them I was running internet TV side by side with Direct and most likely unplug direct very soon. It had zero affect on the CSR.

I'll be paying whatever I have to. i won't lie.
I live in Buffalo NY and have had the ticket from day one, well over 20 years.Worth every penny in my eyes.
What can I do other than pay.

SC here and the same thing with me. I don't mind paying. I just felt like this season should bring a significant discount as the season is not assured.
I told them to cancel it and they did without any attempt to stop me. Never had that happen in all these years.

Don't be silly. Its a monopoly and they have been gouging us for many years. Its pretty bad when your bill goes to $150 or more a month for 6 months a year. Who pays that much money to watch football on TV?
We do, the fans and we are getting ****ed again.

Don't you think loyal long time customers should get a break due to the possible season interuptions? How will they credit your account for loss of some games? Those are the questions I asked Direct with little to no accountability on their part.
They suck big time and has nothing to do with free enterprise. As its not really free enterprise at all.

I have had the NFL Sunday ticket for at least 15 years. Since football will not resemble any football season in history, has anyone considered canceling or asking for a monetary discount?
Some fans. No fans. NFL games will not be the same in any respect. But it looks like Directv has not even considered this issue fans will face in the upcoming months. Payments start in August
I assume many fans will do what I have done. At least inquire about a discount or drop the Ticket altogether?

So, I call today and ask them to cancel my subscription to the Ticket. (to see what they would do to keep me around)
They oblige and make no effort to keep me and my subscription. So its canceled.
I was a bit shocked as I have been with them for so long. Not even an offer. Nothing.
So, internet TV is looking better and better to me. But I want/need Sunday Ticket regardless.

What are you other guys with Sunday Ticket going to do? Pay full price? Try to get a discount? Remember, next month is when they start adding the extra charge for the Ticket.
This is probably the final year DIRECTV has the SUNDAY TICKET. AT&T is trying to unload DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket. They are going broke with their cable TV department. They tried to sell the SUNDAY TICKET off this past offseason to get out of the deal and break their agreement with the NFL. But they couldn't. The deal is up in 2 years I believe but they are working with the NFL to find it a new home for it before then.

So, the old days of calling in and trying to get a deal or get it for free is probably over. AT&T which owns DIRECTV flat out doesn't care anymore, cancel, drop it, they don't care....lol. You might hear a story from here or there of a fan getting a deal but a) probably isn't true b) it will probably be because they had a larger issue overall with their service. But the days of the old games won't work anymore. Pay full price days are here

That's bullshit, AT&T sucks because the hassel one has to go through to get a product at a reasonable price. They're product is overpriced considering all the other viewing options are out there. As a customer for over 20 years I know what experiences have been with the varying levels of their customer service. What is the extent of your dealings with DirecTV, to make a vague comment about the legitimate posts that have been made?
I’ve had Directv and Sunday Ticket since 1997 and will continue that streak. This is Just the annual “I called and got Sunday Ticket for free“ thread but it looks like they decided not to give it away anymore.

They suck big time and has nothing to do with free enterprise. As its not really free enterprise at all.
[/QUOTE]

I had to cancel my service for the first time last year because the same thing. I called back 3 weeks later and bam free ticket, lowered bill, and free hbo for 3 months. I'd call again and ask for loyal customer department. One thing I've learned from being on the phone with DirecTV for about 2 hours each time I called, is that I eventually found someone that was willing to help. It's just bullshit that it takes so many hours to get results. Good luck.

I’ve had Directv and Sunday Ticket since 1997 and will continue that streak. This is Just the annual “I called and got Sunday Ticket for free“ thread but it looks like they decided not to give it away anymore.
Well that's what's weird about it I got an email back in April and I know quite a few other people who had did to that they were getting the NFL ticket for free as a courtesy. El Calebra said he's been a customer for at least 15 years I would assume that he should fall under that same type of courtesy considering he's a loyal customer. I've only paid for the ticket maybe twice in 20 years or so. A few years ago I paid $100 for it. But I've never had a contract that overlapped my NFL ticket service so I wouldn't renew for 12 months and get the ticket for free but I would try to renew prior to them starting to charge for the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom