NFL Sunday Ticket | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket

NewPhinPhan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Bukooo Bucks for this package, but I went ahead and dropped the 250 to see the Dolphins this year.

Question is....am I gonna drop another 100 for the SuperFan Package (HD access).

Who else has been part of the NFLST family? What have your experiences been with quality, HD, etc?

Let me know what I have to look forward to!

I have been a NFLST since the 2004 season. I couldn't imagine going a season without it. Like you, I am a Dolphins fan outside of Florida. Before Sunday Ticket, I saw maybe two to three Dolphin games a year(only when they played the Jets, Ravens, Eagles or Steelers on Sunday or had a Monday Night game.)

One of the biggest questions that comes with people who just signed up is, will games be blocked out at all? If a game is blacked out in Miami, you will not be affected outside the black out area. So it is possible that someone outside of Florida with Sunday Ticket could see a Fins game while someone who lives 10 miles from the stadium will get blacked out.

I don't have the Superfan package, so I can't tell you how it is.

It is very fun being able to get all 16 Dolphins games and even able to watch some funky match ups I wouldn't have ever seen in Pennsylvania before(such as Seahawks Vs Cardinals).

I love Sunday Ticket, and you will too. :)

Bukooo Bucks for this package, but I went ahead and dropped the 250 to see the Dolphins this year.

Question is....am I gonna drop another 100 for the SuperFan Package (HD access).

Who else has been part of the NFLST family? What have your experiences been with quality, HD, etc?

Let me know what I have to look forward to!

I had the ticket for 2 years and thought it was great. I didn't order the HD part of it but didn't mind. I don't have DirecTV this year b/c my apartment doesn't face the right direction, otherwise I'd probably have gone into my third year with it.

I don't agree with the price of the package but there really is no better deal out there. It's great to see all the games as often as you like

Couldn't live without it... Now I don't get off the couch on Sundays, instead of going to some sports bar to try to catch the Fins game on the smallest TV in the house and with no sound. I also listen to Fins radio broadcast on Sirius while watching the games on the ticket..

I have had the Ticket since aroun 98. I think it was the first or 2nd year it was around...I have been a directTV customer since 98...they gave me free HD service and a free HD Dvr recently.

I can't live without ST in fact, when im out of town in the season I can't stand not being able to follow my fantasy league players...which DTV has a great set up for that including scoring notifications on YOUR players.

The Super Fan package is awesome, i didn't have it last year as I didnt have an HDTV, I do now. I saw the games at the end of the year when I got my HD set and they looked incredible...this year more games will be broadcast in HD. The best channel is the Game mix. If the Phins aren't playing...and even if they are, that is on my "previous channel" button. you can watch 8 games at one time...on big screens that is an f'n blast.

Is it worth an extra 100 bones? Yes, if you have an HD set AND watch all football not just the phins.

I've got the ticket as well as the superfan package....

The only games I've missed in the past five years are the hurricane games that were played...1 Sat. game vs. Tenn and 1 KC game played on a Friday night I believe...I was pissed that DTV wouldn't show them but I guess it's deal with the NFL or some crap like that...other than that I couldn't imagine not having the ticket.

As for Superfan last year was my first year..."great" picture but I was upset that the Dolphins were not in HD every week...they select like 6 or 7 games to show in HD each week, you don't get "everygame" in HD every week. Just incase you didn't catch that part of the deal...but I'll be going with superfan again this year.

Enjoy the ticket!

Actually FInDawg, the good news is they will be broadcasting "almost" all of the games in HD this year after the launch of a new satellite. Prior to this year, they had to drop HD programming from another station to carry the game in HD which is why they were limited to only around 6 games. This year they have added specific lines for the NFL that will increase the amount of games...there will still be one or two games likely not BC'd in HD but the majority will....when the bye weeks start the rumor is that 98 percent of the games each week will be HD.

I've got the ticket as well as the superfan package....

The only games I've missed in the past five years are the hurricane games that were played...1 Sat. game vs. Tenn and 1 KC game played on a Friday night I believe...I was pissed that DTV wouldn't show them but I guess it's deal with the NFL or some crap like that...other than that I couldn't imagine not having the ticket.

As for Superfan last year was my first year..."great" picture but I was upset that the Dolphins were not in HD every week...they select like 6 or 7 games to show in HD each week, you don't get "everygame" in HD every week. Just incase you didn't catch that part of the deal...but I'll be going with superfan again this year.

Enjoy the ticket!

DTV said they couldn't play those games delayed by hurricanes because their contract only lets them show games on Sundays. It's a bum deal but the package is called NFL Sunday Ticket for a reason

The ticket is still totally worth the money though. Like Nublar said, I couldn't imagine going back to only watching a couple games a year. It's even worse this year with the lack of Phins games being nationally telivised. DTV also gives a discount when you re-up the package every year.

I am an installer for DTV and Sunday Ticket is definitley where it's at. Definitely upgrade HD is fantastic on DTV. I personally don't have it but I got to a friends house that I did the install for. and on his 60" plasma i swear you can see the grass blades sway in the wind.

I got DirectTv solely for ST, it is great, I live in Denver and need my Phins fix! I just got my automatic renewal notification and I think I'm going to have to get the HD Superfan pack. I never get off the couch on Sundays, but having all my friends come over and never seeing a full commercial is well worth it. And the Redzone channel is SICK! (No commercials, shows games where team is in the Redzone, if there's more than one game like that, they split screen it.)

i griped.

i griped BIG TIME!!!

so much that i thought about not re-uping several times.

but then i started remembering the experiance of sundays
rushing down to the sports bar, having to FOREVER wait
for the bar manager to come over because the ONLY game
not up on the screen is the finz game [and of course, he is
the ONLY one who can change the channels].

of course it is noisy, beyond belief, and you cant here a damned
thing the announcers are saying, much less the game.

and as always, you get the guy next to you who looks over your
jersey, shakes his head and says, "i used to be a dolphins fan"
in a tone that is condesending and that look like only HE is in
the know.

he starts on about how the finz havnt been the same since zonk
left. and as the beers start to flow down his pie hole, he starts
in play by play as though he is NOW an expert on the finz [which
he is not a fan of any more since zonk]. and the beer breath.

so! as i am mentaly reviewing the sports bar fun, i am reaching for
my credit card while simutaneously dialing 1.800.directv!!!

with a huge smile!

yep. its worth the money.

I've had the package for the past 5 years. When I first got the package.

It cost me 14.99 a month for a grand total of 60.

Last year it cost me 29.99 a month for a grand total of 120.

Living in Canada it's a lot cheaper.

That being said, I look at it this way. Even if it cost 250, thats roughly 15 dollars a fin game if you only watch the fins. Well guess what if you went to your local drinking establishment it would probably cost you alot more in drinks/snacks, and you'd probably be watching hte game without sound. So it's not bad when you break it out.

The only thing that sucks based on where I live is the fact that they don't offer sunday ticket in HD. Which puts a damper on things. But I deal with it.

I had the Super Fan package but was disappointed that some of the games were not in HD. With that said I would still get it. The other features of the package are cool but I rarely used them.

Worth It

it is well worth it...........you would drop 25-40 bucks a week going to a sports bar to watch the game.

im a die hard, die hard, die hard, die hard phins fan. Ive had it for the past few years, but with gas, groceries, utilities the prices they are, i just cannot pull off nearly $400. unfortnately, this year i'll be watching the phins helmet go back and forth on nfl.com :(

Back
Top Bottom