NFL Sunday Ticket | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket

Worth every penny but I'd stay away from the Superfan. I'm sure it great but there's no guarantee the Phins will be on it every week.

Let's face it; if you're the on making the choice, the easiest one to exclude is the worst team from the prevous season, right ?

The Ticket is the best thing in the world!!! I now live in Georgia and i can't live without it. The super fan is also a great thing because I travel a lot and as long as I have my laptop I can watch football. If you don't want to pay the 100 dollars every year for superfan you should look into purchasing the slingbox. It is the best invention in the world and not expensive at all. You could then watch and control your TV from your computer no matter where you are..

i griped.

i griped BIG TIME!!!

so much that i thought about not re-uping several times.

but then i started remembering the experiance of sundays
rushing down to the sports bar, having to FOREVER wait
for the bar manager to come over because the ONLY game
not up on the screen is the finz game [and of course, he is
the ONLY one who can change the channels].

of course it is noisy, beyond belief, and you cant here a damned
thing the announcers are saying, much less the game.

and as always, you get the guy next to you who looks over your
jersey, shakes his head and says, "i used to be a dolphins fan"
in a tone that is condesending and that look like only HE is in
the know.

he starts on about how the finz havnt been the same since zonk
left. and as the beers start to flow down his pie hole, he starts
in play by play as though he is NOW an expert on the finz [which
he is not a fan of any more since zonk]. and the beer breath.

so! as i am mentaly reviewing the sports bar fun, i am reaching for
my credit card while simutaneously dialing 1.800.directv!!!

with a huge smile!

yep. its worth the money.

Until it breaks the $329 threshold, I'm going to keep it. Before I got it, an average trip the sports bar would be $35min.

In CLE you have to get there before 12:30 to start eating & drinking. Most of the smaller (i.e. cheaper) have kind of an unwritten code with the managers. Out-of-town fans are S-O-L unless they keep the bar tab moving, so there's no chance of nursing just 2 for the game. And there's 0 chance of actually getting the sound on.

Even if you get to see the game there's no guarnatee you'll get to see all of it. All it usually takes is just 1 more person in another group that's wants their game on your set, and its bye-bye Phins.

I know the larger places don't do these types of things but they all virtually involve driving. So much for that!

I got DirectTv solely for ST, it is great, I live in Denver and need my Phins fix! I just got my automatic renewal notification and I think I'm going to have to get the HD Superfan pack. I never get off the couch on Sundays, but having all my friends come over and never seeing a full commercial is well worth it. And the Redzone channel is SICK! (No commercials, shows games where team is in the Redzone, if there's more than one game like that, they split screen it.)

You and me both, from Michigan to North Carolina and now in Indiana, gotta have it. I hear it every Sunday, every month, for 6 months from the wife when the bill comes in, this has been going on for about 6 years now, and you would figure she would know by now....why is she speaking during the game? LOL.

I do have HD, but I am with alot of people, not every game is in HD, and until the Phins get back on track I don't expect to see many. I believe the first week is free in HD?

I've never lived in Florida and I've never had the Sunday Ticket nor have I ever had DirecTV. However, I CAN live with it because I go to a sports bar with my other Dolphins fans and watch the game every Sunday.
I remember when they sold the sunday ticket for less than $180 a year. I guess with the greed of everyone it goes up.....and people still pay for it.
Like gas, they'll crank the prices up and everyone will pay. Sheep? Maybe.
But I'll save my money, go watch the game every weekend with my friends in HD and use the cash I save on beer and still spend less.
But thats just my gig, everyone is different. But I don't think I could stand watching the Dolphins by myself without other fans cheering with me.

clear.gif

Who needs a sports bar when you can watch all the games at home at the same time (9 1:00pm games, 9 TVs). I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since it first came out. Best time is when the Dolphin game ends and you can bounce around watching the end of all the other games. Worth every penny.

Yeah. I've heard that part of the price hikes are because it's licenses soley to DTV. Once the contract is up, and more carriers can get it, I've heard that the price will drop.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm really tempted to get the SuperFan, cause I'm a freak for HDTV, and if it's true that more of the games will be on HD (makes you wonder why they just don't include HD as part of it now), it's more likely the Fins will be on HD.

Great feedback, gang!

clear.gif

Who needs a sports bar when you can watch all the games at home at the same time (9 1:00pm games, 9 TVs). I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since it first came out. Best time is when the Dolphin game ends and you can bounce around watching the end of all the other games. Worth every penny.

If this is your home theater, I bow before the God of Technophiles! :up:

I'm jealous. We have Dish Network since they are fantastic and we're locked into an incredible deal for an obscene amount of channels. They also have great service, etc.

My only gripe is there IS not Sunday Ticket. I know I have the option of changing but I sometimes hate rights being bought. :( EA has the NFL license and DirecTV has the market on NFL Sunday Ticket. Blah.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this, but what ever happened to Sopcast? I actually got to see most of the games that way. Then one day the site with the listings disappeared and I never knew what happened.

Yeah. I've heard that part of the price hikes are because it's licenses soley to DTV. Once the contract is up, and more carriers can get it, I've heard that the price will drop.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm really tempted to get the SuperFan, cause I'm a freak for HDTV, and if it's true that more of the games will be on HD (makes you wonder why they just don't include HD as part of it now), it's more likely the Fins will be on HD.

Great feedback, gang!

True about the price, DTV only has it locked up for so many years. This may be the last. I had the Ticket & the Superfan. Last year was the 1st year for the Superfan & to be honest it wasn't worth it. I know, they're saying this year that they're going to have more games in HD, but I'm not getting it again untill they say EVERY game will be in HD, because last year I think I only watched 4 or 5 games in HD. And that included 2 games on regular TV when they were playing the Jets. $250's worth it to see every game, but I'd save the additional $100 for the Superfan. Because for me, it's not worth it to watch 6 or 7 games in HD this year, which will be more then the 4 or 5 games I did last yera, right? :shakeno:

GO FINS!

I believe DTV's NFL contract expires after the 2010 season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they signed another exclusive deal.

I love Sunday Ticket. At about $15 a game, it's not a bad deal when you factor in what your likely to pay going to a sports bar and living on the west coast, I'm lucky to see 3 or 4 games a season when the Dolphins are a good team. This year, I'd be lucky to see one.

I finally got a chance to check out the Superfan package for about 3/4 of last season when I got it thrown in as a freebie when I upgraded to their HD DVR. As others have said, the amount of Dolphin's games in HD was disappointing. You also get access to a few additional channels with the best one being the Short Cuts one that shows every game minus the commercials in 30 minutes or less. This is a handy feature if you want to catch some of the other games. And I believe that you can watch the Dolphin's short cut of blacked out games.

At $100 I wouldn't call Superfan a good deal but if I could see at least half of the Dolphin's games in HD, I think I'd pay it. And the Short Cuts channel does add some value.

As a side note, I would recommend that anyone who's interested in Superfan but unsure about forking over $100, first try calling DTV and talking to their Customer Retention department. These are the people that are responsible for keeping you as a DTV customer and they are authorized to give deals on hardware and channel packages. I got a good deal on my HD DVR through them and I also got the Superfan package and $10 off my bill for 6 months thrown in for free with almost no effort on my part. If you've been a long time Sunday Ticket subscriber, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they gave you a free Superfan season.

Actually FInDawg, the good news is they will be broadcasting "almost" all of the games in HD this year after the launch of a new satellite. Prior to this year, they had to drop HD programming from another station to carry the game in HD which is why they were limited to only around 6 games. This year they have added specific lines for the NFL that will increase the amount of games...there will still be one or two games likely not BC'd in HD but the majority will....when the bye weeks start the rumor is that 98 percent of the games each week will be HD.

It had nothing to do with satellites, it had to do with CBS not filming every game in HD because they didn't have enough HD camera equipment to cover all the sites.

We have a sports bar here in Huntsville that has a high def LCD TV in every booth. They also have wireless speakers that sit on your table, so you get sound. Even the bathrooms have big screens! I loved it but I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. I've been a customer 8 years, but I just couldn't take all the price increases.

I think they have a major deal going on....I just signed up for DTV and they're giving me the Ticket for free. I think the total bill is only going to be $75 for the first 4 mo. May turn out to be alot more after that though we will see.......give them a call though

Are You Serious?

Couldn't live without it... Now I don't get off the couch on Sundays, instead of going to some sports bar to try to catch the Fins game on the smallest TV in the house and with no sound. I also listen to Fins radio broadcast on Sirius while watching the games on the ticket..

Dude, why would you want to sit home on NFL Sunday?
The sports bar deal is where it's at today. :beer1: Watch all the games at once on large screen TV.:up:
The place I go to has three 12' screens and eight 3' screens, all HD. We bust on the other teams' fans,especially the jetscum.:lol:
Get off the sofa, life is too short!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom