NFL Sunday Ticket | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket

Couldn't live without it... Now I don't get off the couch on Sundays, instead of going to some sports bar to try to catch the Fins game on the smallest TV in the house and with no sound. I also listen to Fins radio broadcast on Sirius while watching the games on the ticket..

Do you find that the video from DirecTV synchronizes well with the audio from Sirius?

You are wrong.....just got off the phone with them and it will only be the selected 6 each week. Not all of them
I am CORRECT. Do some internet searching. Every game will be shot in HD. Whether DTV decides to broadcast them all is there choice.

Called today.....getting the Ticket free this year as a promotional deal. Have no idea if this is a nationwide thing or whatever. My bill is only $74.00 for the first 4 months. Call and see if they are offering this to you guys absolutely rocked my ****. They did tell me I'd have to pay the $250 for next year after the promo. Friggin sweet

was itt a promo for first time direct tv subscribers

Called today.....getting the Ticket free this year as a promotional deal. Have no idea if this is a nationwide thing or whatever. My bill is only $74.00 for the first 4 months. Call and see if they are offering this to you guys absolutely rocked my ****. They did tell me I'd have to pay the $250 for next year after the promo. Friggin sweet

So your paying $74 extra for 4 months this year. That wouldn't be free that's almost $300, then what does your bill go up to after 4mos? Normally they spread your NFL ticket over 4 mos the only fee that is the one time charge is Superfan which I think is $99.

I've had the ticket for the last two seasons and super fan last year--it's great. The only drawback was that the Phins were so terrible last year that CBS often used their HD slots for better teams.

Actually FInDawg, the good news is they will be broadcasting "almost" all of the games in HD this year after the launch of a new satellite. Prior to this year, they had to drop HD programming from another station to carry the game in HD which is why they were limited to only around 6 games. This year they have added specific lines for the NFL that will increase the amount of games...there will still be one or two games likely not BC'd in HD but the majority will....when the bye weeks start the rumor is that 98 percent of the games each week will be HD.

Of course they will now that I don't have DirecTV :wink:

when the bye weeks start the rumor is that 98 percent of the games each week will be HD.

Don't mean to be a smart a$$ but that's impossible. :wink: There are 32 teams in the NFL so at most there are 16 games a week. So even if 15 out of 16 games are in HD that's only ~94%. During bye weeks there are either 13 or 14 games on. 12 out of 13 is ~92% and 13 out of 14 is ~93%.

I have the NFLST since '03 and it's well worth it. I'm not sure about the super fan though, especially if the Fins' games are not going to be in HD.

So your paying $74 extra for 4 months this year. That wouldn't be free that's almost $300, then what does your bill go up to after 4mos? Normally they spread your NFL ticket over 4 mos the only fee that is the one time charge is Superfan which I think is $99.

No, not $74 extra.......$74 total. Then it will be $104.00 after the 4 month period. But this year, the ticket is free for me. :woot:

it must be a promotional deal because I am a first time DTV subscriber and just purchased the NFL ticket for the first time. They charged me ruffly $50 per month for 5 months. I am debating the superfan. Can someone please explain how the split 8 games views. I have a high def 56 in tv what will the view be like? Do you select the game that you want audio on?

I had to purchase the ticket this year. I used to love to go to the sports bar but I was spending $100 per week easily. Now the wife is pregnant and I think it would be a good time to start become accustom to staying home.

I've always wondered if they lock you in at a certain price when you originally sign up for it? Last year I paid roughly 260 something with the superfan.

Do you find that the video from DirecTV synchronizes well with the audio from Sirius?

Usually the radio lags behind about 5-10 seconds. I usually put the TV on mute and have the radio playing. I like listening to the Fins radio crew better than the crappy tv announcers that the networks usually assign to cover the Fins.

I've always wondered if they lock you in at a certain price when you originally sign up for it? Last year I paid roughly 260 something with the superfan.

I think you get a discount on the renewal but I don't think the price is locked in. When I first got the NFLST it was $179 for renewal, 2006 was $209 and last year was $229.

Yea, I was just wonderin I've had it for 4 or 5 years and I know it's not over 220 dollars.

Actually FInDawg, the good news is they will be broadcasting "almost" all of the games in HD this year after the launch of a new satellite. Prior to this year, they had to drop HD programming from another station to carry the game in HD which is why they were limited to only around 6 games. This year they have added specific lines for the NFL that will increase the amount of games...there will still be one or two games likely not BC'd in HD but the majority will....when the bye weeks start the rumor is that 98 percent of the games each week will be HD.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the Dolphins are one of the NON-HD games. We were 1-15 last year....we are the lowest on the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom