NFL Sunday Ticket | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket

I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket since I got DirecTV back in 2001. I couldn't imagine life on football Sunday's without it.

I expect next year, most of the Dolphins home games to be blacked out, so if I can't watch the Fins, but have to listen on the radio only, I believe the best alternative is to have Sunday Ticket and turn the sound down and watch the game or games I want to see, not what CBS or FOX want me to see (usually some NY Jets or Giants game).

I highly recommend NFL Sunday Ticket to anyone.

Bukooo Bucks for this package, but I went ahead and dropped the 250 to see the Dolphins this year.

Question is....am I gonna drop another 100 for the SuperFan Package (HD access).

Who else has been part of the NFLST family? What have your experiences been with quality, HD, etc?

Let me know what I have to look forward to!

It costs you an extra $100 for HD??
I pay $160 here for the NFLST with full HD and that interactive thing they have...red zone?

It costs you an extra $100 for HD??
I pay $160 here for the NFLST with full HD and that interactive thing they have...red zone?

Where is "here" and how can I get down? Lol, that $250 is no joke.
I have a cable service that provides free HD, why can't DTV do the same!? :shakeno:

When do they start broadcasting on the NFLST channels? Right now mine shows to be MLB on the channels they advertise as NFL Games. something like 709-720 or something like that. Anyone know when the coverage begins?

It had nothing to do with satellites, it had to do with CBS not filming every game in HD because they didn't have enough HD camera equipment to cover all the sites.

Lol ... try talking to all of the pissed off people that had TNT HD and other HD channels offline on Sundays because of the football games.

You are half right though because CBS was not filming every game in HD but DTS couldn't handle it anyway without cutting channels while games were on.

I think the best feature with superfan is the shortcuts. You can watch every game in 30 minutes all day monday and tuesday. I record every phins's replay.

30 minutes of continuous action for the entire game.

Nothing beats watching the replays while I work out.

So yeah, not getting every game in HD blows but the shortcuts feature trumps that in my opinion.

I have had the Ticket since aroun 98. I think it was the first or 2nd year it was around...I have been a directTV customer since 98...they gave me free HD service and a free HD Dvr recently.

I've only had Sunday Ticket since 04, and can certainly appreciate the "10 year Sunday Ticketers"..

Last season, I missed several games due to work, but not before it had become obvious, the only way I could justify my investment, would be to record them.

Given my relatively meager 3 year status however, it came as little surprise when my request for a free DVR was abruptly declined. I was also sharply informed I'd have to pay $99.00 for a recorder, despite the fact their DVR's are proprietary to the DirectTV satellite network, and that they were shoveling them out, along with other incentives, to new subscribers "only".

So, this year I'm prepared to make a stand, for myself, as well as the guy who after nearly a decade, earns a proprietary recorder, and as if through some act of benevolence, is provided HD service that for $250, should be the expected standard.

This year I'm prepared to make a stand, against the way DirectTV is borrowing from the NFL's current method, of garnishing 1st year rookies with exorbitant deals and incentives, before they've even played a down. This, while loyal veterans grind away, year after year in the trenches, recieving little or no compensation, for their unswerving ability to deliver, not only season after season, but for playing an active part, in subscribing to each year's offseason programs.

Fortunately ncmedic5, is gaining a considerable value by watching numerous games in addition to the Fins, because there's a significant benefit that DirectTV is reaping from its established core, particularly with a subscribership that shows an ongoing willingness to accept a lesser value, often to be expected when exclusive rights are involved.
A paying audience, that imo has not only become a victim of snide business tactics, but a perfect model for corporate success.

I live in Manhattan and my building can't get DTV. there have definitely been days where I wish that was not the case, especially when the wife needs me at home (I have listened to a bunch of games on line -- on that note, I am envious of our European compatriots who get to watch the games online). On the other hand, I just end up going to sports bars which is usually fun, except I can't always justify drinking in the middle of the afternoon and I feel like a complete tool buying a sprite for $3-4. Even still, I probably spend less money than I otherwise would and I get to meet interesting random phins fans and I don't have to clean up my place after my friends go home.

I've only had Sunday Ticket since 04, and can certainly appreciate the "10 year Sunday Ticketers"..

Last season, I missed several games due to work, but not before it had become obvious, the only way I could justify my investment, would be to record them.

Given my relatively meager 3 year status however, it came as little surprise when my request for a free DVR was abruptly declined. I was also sharply informed I'd have to pay $99.00 for a recorder, despite the fact their DVR's are proprietary to the DirectTV satellite network, and that they were shoveling them out, along with other incentives, to new subscribers "only".

So, this year I'm prepared to make a stand, for myself, as well as the guy who after nearly a decade, earns a proprietary recorder, and as if through some act of benevolence, is provided HD service that for $250, should be the expected standard.

This year I'm prepared to make a stand, against the way DirectTV is borrowing from the NFL's current method, of garnishing 1st year rookies with exorbitant deals and incentives, before they've even played a down. This, while loyal veterans grind away, year after year in the trenches, recieving little or no compensation, for their unswerving ability to deliver, not only season after season, but for playing an active part, in subscribing to each year's offseason programs.

There's a significant benefit thats being reaped from its established core, particularly a subscribership that has shown an ongoing willingness to be sorely undervalued. A paying audience, that imo has consequently not only become the victims of snide business tactics, but the perfect model to follow for corporate success.

I just re-ordered ST and played a little hard ball with them since I have been with them for 8 years now. They gave me a $100.00 credit and free movie channels to stay on board. Last year they gave me the DVR and $100.00 credit. Every year I call and complain about how they give breaks to new customers but give us long timers the shaft.

It works.

Where is "here" and how can I get down? Lol, that $250 is no joke.
I have a cable service that provides free HD, why can't DTV do the same!? :shakeno:

If your talking about basic directv and cable channels thats only $10 for the HD package.

The $100 is the superfan with HD, RedZone, Game mix etc..

Even still, I probably spend less money than I otherwise would and I get to meet interesting random phins fans and I don't have to clean up my place after my friends go home.

This, I admit is helping fuel my resolve.
Subscribing to ST, over the past few years has turned me into something of a phinphan recluse, having lost nearly all contact with my old aqua/orange sportbar comrades.

I just re-ordered ST and played a little hard ball with them since I have been with them for 8 years now. They gave me a $100.00 credit and free movie channels to stay on board. Last year they gave me the DVR and $100.00 credit. Every year I call and complain about how they give breaks to new customers but give us long timers the shaft.
It works.

Cool!
Again, 8 years is a significant difference from my 3, but it does provide a distant point of reference when cranking down the three year screws. :woot:

Usually the radio lags behind about 5-10 seconds. I usually put the TV on mute and have the radio playing. I like listening to the Fins radio crew better than the crappy tv announcers that the networks usually assign to cover the Fins.

Chi, I'm glad you support the #1 nfl team, but just curious, living in CHI TOWN and not a Bears fan?:rolleyes2:

I've had the ticket since 1998(haven't missed a phin game since).

You HVAE to get superfan. It is unreal.

It works.

Good thinking, although I just bought a house with my fiance and we put the DTV under her name to get the special for first time signer uppers. Ill have to remember that in a couple years though.. oh wait, Verizon is supposed to be the next company to get the ticket contract when the DTV is up in 2 years. Good cause I signed a 2 year contract with them.. Perfect timing

Back
Top Bottom