NFL Teams Moving Part II: Poll | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Teams Moving Part II: Poll

Which team has the greatest chance of moving to a new city?

• Saints

Votes: 91 47.6%
  • Vikings

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • Giants

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Bills

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Bengals

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • None at all

Votes: 27 14.1%

• Total voters
i personally think no team will move cause benson trying to leave and giving ultimatium will put politicans of that state in a tough position cause if they dont give him a new place, the louisiana voters will vent their frustation against them, causing them to lose jobs.

a 33rd team will exist in a couple of years.

death7star said:
no colts cause indy is building them half a billion dome.
no cardinals cause they have new retractable dome and retractable field stadium for next year.
possible for the saints cause benson can't get public money to build him a new stadium.
no to the giants caues they agreed with state to build new stadium (3/4 of billion) all private too next to current stadium.
no to bengals cause they have new stadium (2 years old) and team is on way up and they have diehard fans in that market.
no for the vikings (probably stay and try to get new stadium,maybe publicprivate deal)
no to bills cause they have diehard fans in that market.

no way in hell:
fins,pats,jets(getting new satdium),bills,cowboys(getting new stadium),giants,eagles,redskins,ravens,browns,steelers,bears,
lions,packers,texans,titans,jaguars,falcons,panthers,bucs,broncos,
cheifs,raiders,chargers,rams,49ers,seahawks

Two options:
either saints move or the nfl gets a 33 teams which would be dumb cause mess up nice 8 four team divisons
Actually the Jets do not have a new stadium anywhere close to secure. NYC wants to give them the stadium but theres a lot of BS going on with the bidding. Its too long a story to detail but to make a long story short:
- the people living in that area dont want the stadium where the city wants to put it
-half the pop. is opposed to it cause there's more pressing needs
- nothing has been approved.

On top of that Madison Square Garden has a better bid for the land (thereby keeping their monopoly on stadium venues for concerts/events) and they might bring this to court since the land is supposed to go to the highest bidder.

And the best part is with the NYY, NYM, NY Islanders (when hockey actually starts up again), NJ Nets (now moving to Brooklyn), NYG all having demands or proposals for new stadiums within the next 5-7 years the chances of NYJ actually getting a new stadium are very slim.

Fact is the NYJ are very likely to end up playing 2nd fiddle to NYG for years to come whether it be in the current Giants stadium or again sharing the land lease with NYG in the new Giants stadium. :roflmao:

Also, regarding Zona, last I heard their bid for a new stadium was rejected. Any link showing otherwise would be appreciated. TY in advance.

here is the link for the new state of the art cardinals place opening next year.
it has retratable dome and retractable field.
its a public financed one too.

outside night view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/nightstadnew05.jpg

interior:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view3_interior.jpg

day time view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view4_dayaerial.jpg

current state:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/stadmayd05.jpg

also about the Jets, your right, they haven't recieved approval yet. my bad. but i dont see the jets leaving the NY area. i dont understand why their owner, woody, heir to Johnson and Johnson fortune, use some of his money and build his own place.

I think the best 2 possibilities are the Bills or Vikings. Both because of possible ownership changes. Ralph Wilson would never move the Bills, but his daughter who I believe is slated to take over the team after him may.

painnotpleasure said:
New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns we're my top 2 choices. :wink:

Browns? Nah uh.

death7star said:
no colts cause irsay got half a billion dollar deal for new place.
Irsay HASN'T gotten anything but a proposal for the deal. It still has to pass and 7 counties surrounding Indy has to vote to raise taxes plus the Indiana house and senate. So while it's probable nothing is final.

I forgot who said it but Los Angeles could be real religious having the Saints and the Angels there, lol

death7star said:
here is the link for the new state of the art cardinals place opening next year.
it has retratable dome and retractable field.
its a public financed one too.

outside night view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/nightstadnew05.jpg

interior:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view3_interior.jpg

day time view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view4_dayaerial.jpg

current state:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/stadmayd05.jpg

also about the Jets, your right, they haven't recieved approval yet. my bad. but i dont see the jets leaving the NY area. i dont understand why their owner, woody, heir to Johnson and Johnson fortune, use some of his money and build his own place.
Thanks for the links bro. And ya you couldnt have known so much about the NYJ stadium thing. I live about a mile from the proposed construction site (god how awful is that?) and i voted hell no :)

They wont leave the NY area in all likelihood because the market is so great and the jet fan support is almost always strong (though they whine like biatches on local sports radio) but Im trying to remind every giant or non jet fan I know to vote no so that NYJ still plays 2nd fiddle and doesnt even have their own stadium!

Actually the Jets do not have a new stadium anywhere close to secure. NYC wants to give them the stadium but theres a lot of BS going on with the bidding. Its too long a story to detail but to make a long story short:

We have 1 hurdle left, we are VERY close to getting the Stadium.

On top of that Madison Square Garden has a better bid for the land (thereby keeping their monopoly on stadium venues for concerts/events) and they might bring this to court since the land is supposed to go to the highest bidder.

MSG's was not a real proposal and although they "bid" more money up front the deal for the Jets Stadium was what was better for the City and that's why the Jets bid was APPROVED. MSG only wants to block the Stadium b/c they will lose a ton of money b/c MSG won't have it's monopoly on big events.

And the best part is with the NYY, NYM, NY Islanders (when hockey actually starts up again), NJ Nets (now moving to Brooklyn), NYG all having demands or proposals for new stadiums within the next 5-7 years the chances of NYJ actually getting a new stadium are very slim.

The Giants have their Stadium and it's in NJ so it doesn't have anything to do w/ the NYC Stadium. The Jets Stadium is the top priority and is the one most likely to get approved.

Fact is the NYJ are very likely to end up playing 2nd fiddle to NYG for years to come whether it be in the current Giants stadium or again sharing the land lease with NYG in the new Giants stadium.

Even if we don't get the Stadium we will not be tenants like we have been, we will SHARE the new Stadium in NJ w/ the Giants and it will not be called "Giants Stadium".

It doesn't matter b/c we are getting the new Stadium.

Also, regarding Zona, last I heard their bid for a new stadium was rejected. Any link showing otherwise would be appreciated. TY in advance.

It's being built so it must have ben approved, it will be ready for the '06 season. Click the link I posted a few posts back and it has pictures of the construction.

painnotpleasure said:
New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns we're my top 2 choices. :wink:

You must really not know ANYTHING regarding the NFL to choose Cleveland.

Do you know that even when the team sucks they pack the place in? Do you realize the fan base the browns have?

Trust me .... after Modell screwed them the city was up in arms ... there is no way they have a chance of moving ... not in the next 20 years!

:fire:

death7star said:
no colts cause indy is building them half a billion dome.
no cardinals cause they have new retractable dome and retractable field stadium for next year.
possible for the saints cause benson can't get public money to build him a new stadium.
no to the giants caues they agreed with state to build new stadium (3/4 of billion) all private too next to current stadium.
no to bengals cause they have new stadium (2 years old) and team is on way up and they have diehard fans in that market.
no for the vikings (probably stay and try to get new stadium,maybe publicprivate deal)
no to bills cause they have diehard fans in that market.

no way in hell:
fins,pats,jets(getting new satdium),bills,cowboys(getting new stadium),giants,eagles,redskins,ravens,browns,steelers,bears,
lions,packers,texans,titans,jaguars,falcons,panthers,bucs,broncos,
cheifs,raiders,chargers,rams,49ers,seahawks

Two options:
either saints move or the nfl gets a 33 teams which would be dumb cause mess up nice 8 four team divisons

Finally .... someone who knows something! You couldn't have said it better! You are 100% accurate. I am still amazed that there is an idiot out there that thinks the Browns may move!?!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom