NFL to investigate dolphins tanking? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL to investigate dolphins tanking?

The league front office is corrupt to the bone.

From the commissioner taking a 50 million a year salary to their hiding the history and dimensions of head and brain injury to players.

The lopsided rule changes and targeting certain teams as favored children and others as unwantedstep children - the league front office resembles an alcoholic family - full of weirdness and denial!!!

Lets take a look at some things here before we get into "investigate dolphins"

1. There is no rule in the NFL against what the dolphins are doing. There are things in place...job security, cap floor, trade deadlines, honest injury reports...that are in place to discourage "tanking", but there is no actual rule in the bylaws.

2. In recent years you have had the Browns, Colts, and Raiders all do some form of tanking. Browns hired Hue Jackson, the Raiders got rid of pro-bowl players, and Colts started Painter. The Dolphins are not doing anything different from what those other programs have done, just did it a lot cleaner and acquiring a ton of resources for a quick turn around.

3. The value the Dolphins have received from trading away two of the better young players is insane. No one could possibly look at those trades as anything other than great value for the phins and not some "firesale". From two players, the team received 3 firsts and a 2nd. For two players that have no accolades.

4. The Dolphins made legit attempts to acquire Clowney and Flowers during the off-season. It didn't work out but the team did go after those players.

5. Now, if the NFL is really going to go after the DOlphins, then they need to go after every single team that sits starters at the end of the season after they wrapped up a playoff spot. I mean, those teams are literally not putting out the best they can to win that game. Meaningless doesn't matter, if the NFL is going to come after the Phins, then that needs to be investigated as well. I'm not saying the NFL should, but just the ridiculousness of "investigating" the Dolphins, when this is allowed.

6. I saw Mortenson pu out a tweet about "protecting the shield" and in NFL that employs child abusers, wife beaters, rapists...they are concerned with a team being undermanned? This is a league that not only employees Rothlisburger and Winston but celebrates them, but the Dolphins are the ones hurting the image of the league?

I agree. The Fins have done NOTHING wrong. This is the outcry from a group of owners and GMs who envy what the Fins have in their possession, a plethora of quality draft picks and being insanely under the cap. The thought of the Fins being able to get any player they want over the next two years has them extremely nervous, so they are crying foul.

GOOD JOB MIAMI!

If they are unhappy about what is happening then it has got to mean it's great for the franchise. Full steam ahead to brighter days. If the NFL does not want to see more tanking in the future then change the landscape and help level the field.

If they were going to investigate, they should've done it when the dolphins roster was being shaped january-june, not after week 2. NFL FO reactive as usual

Non-credible source and no other sources are confirming? Yeah, there's no investigation.

So much whining over unsubstantiated rumors. But whining is all the whiners can do at this point so it will go on. Sound and fury . . . .

I just read an article; and as part of the article, it speculates, the NFL may try to limit the number of 1st round draft picks a team can have. Think about that, for a moment. Asinine if you ask me. That speculation alone, says it all. Its jealousy or fear amongst the media and fans, that's fueling the Tank Mantra!!! I sure hope Ross Sue's the NFL if they try to take away any of the 1st round picks Miami has acquired. The NFL Draft, is a huge money making aspect of the league, it's literally exploded in popularity, since rotating the draft venue. A lot of media types are throwing out all kinds of stuff, because it's the Miami Dolphins and not some other team.

I just read an article; and as part of the article, it speculates, the NFL may try to limit the number of 1st round draft picks a team can have. Think about that, for a moment. Asinine if you ask me. That speculation alone, says it all. Its jealousy or fear amongst the media and fans, that's fueling the Tank Mantra!!! I sure hope Ross Sue's the NFL if they try to take away any of the 1st round picks Miami has acquired. The NFL Draft, is a huge money making aspect of the league, it's literally exploded in popularity, since rotating the draft venue. A lot of media types are throwing out all kinds of stuff, because it's the Miami Dolphins and not some other team.
I don’t recall them being up in arms when Oakland had three first round picks last year.

Worst case scenerio is the league puts rules in place so it doesn't happen again going forward. As is there's no rule against trading players and there's no rules against losing games unless you're blatently letting your opponent intentionally score or going out of your way to not score... such as intentiaonally not tackling someone or going out of your way to not score.

The NFL Executives want teams to be mediocre and transparent so the can collude with Vegas.
They can investigate my nut sack while they are at it.

If they take away any of those 1st rd picks, they best be giving those players right back to this team.

Somebody needs to investigate the NFL...NE has dominated it for the better part of 20 years
Why? That's the question. If Belicheat and his cronies are that much smarter than the rest of the world they should be working on world Peace and a cure for cancer. How about investigating that?

Back
Top Bottom