NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith

NIMA

Starter
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
NFL Total Access just announced that Alex Smith is being picked over Aaron Rodgers. All that remains to finalize it is the issue of money but aside from that they say the 49ers are set.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
There is already another thread about this.
 

Nublar7

FinHeaven Staff
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,995
Reaction score
2,426
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
I haven't been watching NFL Total Access tonight, but if this is true, as soon as they finalize the money we will be on the clock. We can start negotiating with players then.
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,357
Reaction score
150
Nublar7 said:
I haven't been watching NFL Total Access tonight, but if this is true, as soon as they finalize the money we will be on the clock. We can start negotiating with players then.

I don't think we can. The rule states unles you are picking #1 overall, you can't talk money with players.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
If we dont trade down then Edwards would have to be the pick at #2. I think that Saban feels that there are RB's that can be drafted in the 3rd that can start. A WR like Edwards could help out our passing game and make Feeley become a better QB.
 

Nublar7

FinHeaven Staff
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,995
Reaction score
2,426
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
MikeO said:
I don't think we can. The rule states unles you are picking #1 overall, you can't talk money with players.
Really? I thought once the team in front of you picks, the next team can pick and then so on.
 

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
718
Reaction score
0
if there are RB's worthy of a starting job, they'd be taken before RD. 3. Edwards may help feeley, but without a RB, we're one dimensional and defenses can pick us apart. i've got no major objections to Braylon, i just think Ronnie Brown is a better idea.

I really don't want to see us draft Rodgers.
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,357
Reaction score
150
Nublar7 said:
Really? I thought once the team in front of you picks, the next team can pick and then so on.

But, technically they haven't picked. And I believe the rule states that ONLY the team with the #1 selection in the first round can talk contract with players.
 

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
718
Reaction score
0
yea, i agree with nublar here, i remember weeks in advance when Houstan had their stuff figured out, a few days before the draft i remeber Carolina was finalizing things with Peppers.
 

so-long-Ricky

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
693
Reaction score
0
Location
Penfield New York
MikeO said:
But, technically they haven't picked. And I believe the rule states that ONLY the team with the #1 selection in the first round can talk contract with players.

Correct.....only the #1 selection can negotiate w/prospective draftees regardless if they sign him or not.
 

Nublar7

FinHeaven Staff
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,995
Reaction score
2,426
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
MikeO said:
But, technically they haven't picked. And I believe the rule states that ONLY the team with the #1 selection in the first round can talk contract with players.
Ok, thanks for correcting that for me. I have been thinking wrong all these years. :lol:
 

merlin00069

All-Pro
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami
NIMA said:
NFL Total Access just announced that Alex Smith is being picked over Aaron Rodgers. All that remains to finalize it is the issue of money but aside from that they say the 49ers are set.

Is this confirmed with the Niners? Meaning....is this another speculative rumour? Just because it was heard on the NFL network it doesnt mean it's not a rumour. Now if they have a contract worked out...then its set.
 

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
6,223
Reaction score
200
Location
Somerset, England
What A Shame We Missed The Boat

I hope that for Miami's fans sake that AJ feeley is as good as you guys say he is--with an offensive wall around him
 
Top Bottom