NFL Trade Deadline is NOV 2 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Trade Deadline is NOV 2

X isn’t going anywhere. He’s vital to the potential trade package with Houston. Would be shocked if they dealt him at the deadline but if he was that dramatically lowers the chances we try to trade for DW4.

Jerome Baker is here to stay. At least through the end of next year.

DVP could be a trade option. Probably looking at a 2nd/3rd depending on the team. If it was to a contender then a late 2nd. To a team that’s teetering on the fringe of making the playoffs then probably a 3rd.

As bad as I’d hate to see him go Mike Gesicki probably makes the most sense to trade bc at this point if he were in the future plans they would have already resigned him and we don’t draft Hunter Long. He makes sense to trade to a contender as basically a rental and get back a 2nd/3rd. I think it’s a huge mistake letting him walk. He’s a pro bowl player if used correctly.

Byron Jones isn’t going anywhere. Nobody is taking on his contract plus we’re not going to take that large of a cap hit just to get back a 2nd/3rd round pick.

I would be surprised to see us be a seller at the deadline bc that’s basically throwing in the towel on the season and being that Grier especially has job security issues and Flo to a lesser extent that would be like someone telling their boss to fire me. Don’t think Grier is going to go away that quietly even though it shouldn’t even be in question at this point.

If anything I honestly think we’ll try to add a player or two to keep our slim hopes alive and that’s only bc of like I said job security issues for Grier. Just seems like the type of guy to go down swinging and he knows he’s on the hot seat so why not try a desperation move or two. If it works and we somehow finished strong and made the playoffs or barely missed then he keeps his job. If it doesn’t work then why would Grier care that he traded away more of our draft picks.
Logical, but I differ slightly on X. If he remains sub par (and it might just be an injury issue) I still accept a first and second for him is someone offers. I would rather trade DVP than let Gesicki go.

Logical, but I differ slightly on X. If he remains sub par (and it might just be an injury issue) I still accept a first and second for him is someone offers. I would rather trade DVP than let Gesicki go.
That post wasn’t necessarily how I feel. That comes from other folks.

Well we have been seeing reports of the team quitting on Flo.

If there is truth to that and this is conveniently timed injuries for DVP and Howard.... trade them. No offense but I personally don't want quitters on my team.

If it's all legit... no reason to trade Howard unless it's a great offer.

DVP I would trade in a heartbeat. I think it's pretty clear he is not truly part of the vision of this team or offense.

Atleast not till we are down 14 points and 5 minutes left in the game. Then we suddenly involve Parker and we magically double our Offensive yardage for the game in the 4th quarter

You’re talking about a compete burn it down again that we just did 3 years ago. Expecting different results w the same owner and GM?
New GM and coaching staff. Let Grier make the trades. He's good at that. Trade ANYONE that you can get fair value for. Then fire Grier. Make McKenzie interim GM. Fire Flores. Make Boyer interim head coach. Start searching for new management early
New GM and coaching staff. Let Grier make the trades. He's good at that. Trade ANYONE that you can get fair value for. Then fire Grier. Make McKenzie interim GM. Fire Flores. Make Boyer interim head coach. Start searching for new management early
Wow...INTERIM GM. INTERIM HC....McKenzie as the guy?

Where in the world have I seen that before? Not sure, but this is a brilliant concept.

Easyrider is not going to like this...at all.

Wow...INTERIM GM. INTERIM HC....McKenzie as the guy?

Where in the world have I seen that before? Not sure, but this is a brilliant concept.

Easyrider is not going to like this...at all.
I’m not ready for another tear down. We have a lot of young players. If we get good QB play and our offense can stay on the field, watch everyone suddenly look better.

Well we have been seeing reports of the team quitting on Flo.

If there is truth to that and this is conveniently timed injuries for DVP and Howard.... trade them. No offense but I personally don't want quitters on my team.

If it's all legit... no reason to trade Howard unless it's a great offer.

DVP I would trade in a heartbeat. I think it's pretty clear he is not truly part of the vision of this team or offense.

Atleast not till we are down 14 points and 5 minutes left in the game. Then we suddenly involve Parker and we magically double our Offensive yardage for the game in the 4th quarter
Can you please post all the reports you have seen showing the team quiting. Thanks!

Guessing your a bama fan - did you watch Tua in college? I don’t follow college ball.
I am not a Bama fan; Saban still coaches them. I am impressed with the team they have. I did watch Tua a bit in college. It means nothing in the NFL. He may or may not be the guy, but I bet that if we leave the current leadership in place for another year, we'll be tearing it down then. If I'm wrong, great, but this is just what I see and I would rather get started on it early.

I'm interested in Ertz. I'd cut Shaheen and Carter. Call up Long for the season. I'm looking for more out of the TE group

Seems like every media outlet is talking about Watson trade is imminent. We made our offer of 3 firsts, 1 second and 2 thirds. I think Texans are waiting for another offer. If one doesnt happen we probably get Watson.
How do you know we made that offer?

Back
Top Bottom