Nice artical on TE Les Brown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice artical on TE Les Brown

Why would there be bad publicity about this? No one said the guy was starting. If he can come in and actually do anything, it's a good thing.
Their would possibly be bad publicity because as a simple fact of life, people tend to judge other people. Thus, people judging the decision making by Dolphins management...WAIT...they already do that.

Oh but who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people have the body to bulk up fast... whenever I stop working out, and then start up again, my body responds in a huge way.... very fast you start to see bulk..... it's just genetics.

What is the issue here? I struggle to see it. He has a dream and he's chasing it, and it'd be a terrific story if he makes it through training camp and if he doesn't then it's over with. The absolute worst case scenario is that he makes it through TC, and while he's sitting on the bench he tests positive for steroids and we lose him for a couple of games. You said yourself that you don't care what other football fans think, and people that have no interest in football will not care about this story either. Since I have no reason to doubt how he got in shape, I'll give him the BOTD and assume he's clean.
You're partially wrong! Curiosity will get the better of most people who visit that site regularly and they will click on the link just to see something dramatic.

Either way though I agree with your overall point, I too give him the BOTD and wish him well.

In fact, to most of the WHO CARES crowd...thank you very much for bringing your thought provoking comments to this thread that you don't care about. I truly appreciate it!

Staying on topic, Les's mom had some very positive comments in defense of her son in the link comment section. I for one agree with her and commend her for standing up for her son. By no means was I trying to insight hate for her son. The point of this thread was simply the impact on the Dolphins organization if any because of the traffic it's surely getting on Yahoo.

Was this necessary? Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this necessary? Really?
Did I break an unwritten rule or something?

This lady (using facebook) responded to the link in an open forum. I have the right to speak about it and inform you guys.

being the first person to actually question him, id like to believe those pictures arent as drastic as it may seem. Id like to know, though, how he looked when he was in shape years prior. That way, i can actually determine if muscle memory comes into play

Well I dont like to say anyone has used steroids but being in the army and being around people that work out much more than the average person I have never seen those types of gains in that amount of time. I hope he did it the right way and if he did lets all get a copy of the program and make it unit standard operating procedure lol. You got to hope the guy does well and it would be a great story. I do think the chance of success in his case is not a really good one being that he has not played football in like 7 years and was not exactly an elite prospect coming out of high school. Also for all his so called athletic skills he seemed to be quite a below average baskeltball player at a very below average school as in basketball below average not attacking the school. I mean for all those that assume his skills will translate into football , you would assume they would have translated into basketball. He started 34 game averaged 2.4 points and 3.2 rebounds these are pretty bottom rung numbers for a starter. I also dont get if he was such a so called great prospect and was being recruited by these schools like BYU why he would end up going to this Naia school. I know he said his mom had issues and he wanted to be close to home but this school and the University of Utah are in the same damn city.

From the look of his baskeball career maybe he was only be recruited to play football by those schools because his numbers at the NAIA school more than suggest he was nowhere near NCAA division 1 talent worthy in basketball. I also somewhat question the level of interest he might have received from those schools because in reality who chooses playing basketball at an NAIA school over football at a divisions 1 school.

The comment I really loved from Les was He chose basketball because a few glances in the mirror made one thing clear to him: "I didn’t have the body to play football. I was a tall, skinny kid who liked to sit outside and shoot threes." Let me get this straight he loved to shoot threes but started and averaged less than three points a game.

I do think the media loves a great story and has had some myth thrown in and created much like the Vince papale "Inviincable story" or the Jim Morris "The Rookie" story. Hell even the movie based on a great story of Don Haskins took quite a few liberties. Oh well hope the guy beats the odds and makes an impact but the smart money is not on it but hell just getting the nfl contract has already defied the odds so you never know.

Did I break an unwritten rule or something?

This lady (using facebook) responded to the link in an open forum. I have the right to speak about it and inform you guys.

Mods took care of it.

As for this player. The Packers and Giants were pursuing him also. So I guess Ireland and company are keeping in good company.

This has no downside for MIA. If he makes it great. It helps MIA on the field and in the PR dept.

thats a fast tight end, Antonio Gates mixed with Jimmy Grahm. It could happen..... McWorld!!!!

Back
Top Bottom