Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic

meatpardle

Active Roster
Reaction score

"He makes everyone feel special, feel good, feel unique, feel needed," Gailey told me. "He's got a unique sense of humor, and when you're as smart as he is, he knows a little bit about everything, so he can relate to this guy that might come from this background, or this guy that went to that school, or this guy that likes cars, this guy that likes horses - he can relate to everybody. He pays attention. He wants to be that guy."

"He makes everyone feel special, feel good, feel unique, feel needed," Gailey told me. "He's got a unique sense of humor, and when you're as smart as he is, he knows a little bit about everything, so he can relate to this guy that might come from this background, or this guy that went to that school, or this guy that likes cars, this guy that likes horses - he can relate to everybody. He pays attention. He wants to be that guy."

Even Flo has acknowledged Fitz is a gunslinger. Wants him that way. Maybe Fitz has finally learned to play within a coach's desired parameters of ball security? Enough to save him from himself, and still get the job done?

Fitz may be the BEST QB we've had since..................??????????
The last QB to flourish here WITHOUT much defense and NO running game was Marino.

Am in the minority here as I do not think he has been magical

His stats are good for the conditions of the OL & running game bur not good in the real world
he has the most success buying a little time and throwing it up

Love his enthusiasm and he is a gamer, but I just see him in the way and cannot wait for his replacement

Pennington was by far the best QB we've had since Marino. He was literally a runner-up MVP to Peyton that year.
Fair enough.........BUT, could he have been successful with a team like this years Fins? Zero running came.

Fair enough.........BUT, could he have been successful with a team like this years Fins? Zero running came.
I mean, he went 11-5 with a team that was 1-15 the year prior, so let's not pretend like he walked into a stacked team and Fitzpatrick is doing the impossible.

I mean, he went 11-5 with a team that was 1-15 the year prior, so let's not pretend like he walked into a stacked team and Fitzpatrick is doing the impossible.
That 1-15 team was stacked compared to what we have this season, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they improved when we dumped Cameron as the coach. That 2007 team had Ronnie Brown at RB for half a season, Chris Chambers and Marty Booker at Wr, Zach Thomas at LB, Jason Taylor at DE, Etc.
So yes, he walked into a situation that we could consider stacked.

Am in the minority here as I do not think he has been magical

His stats are good for the conditions of the OL & running game bur not good in the real world
he has the most success buying a little time and throwing it up

Love his enthusiasm and he is a gamer, but I just see him in the way and cannot wait for his replacement
I don't think he's "magical"; but I do think his presence on the field has helped the overall developement of the team.

FITZ IS OUR FUTURE!!! There I said & I mean it. And what I mean is, I would LOVE to keep FITZ around as our modern day DON STROCK. The perfect backup QB, IMO. Problem being, we need our new DAN or Bob so FITZ can assume his proper place.

Back
Top Bottom