Nik Needham. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nik Needham.

Wingfield has a good breakdown of that play.

I’m gonna disagree with another thing on this cover 2 break down. Needham is never threatened in his front side responsibilities there he does exactly what he should do is continue to drop to try to drop under the QBs eyes and make the pick.

The balls just uncoverable vs that coverage.

But needham played that spot on. I’m only squatting in cover 2 if the QBs not looking my way while I continue to drop to depth or I have front side responsibilities within the receiving options. Cover 2 I’m gonna follow the QBs eyes to the ball

The dudes has the tools to improve. Total 180 from preseason :lol: Just want to see him continue to improve every game.

Definitely less initial separation than the preseason. Looks to be trusting his tools more and cleaning up some technique or at least playing with more consistent technique.

Definitely less initial separation than the preseason. Looks to be trusting his tools more and cleaning up some technique or at least playing with more consistent technique.
I read an article where he was saying Boyer and or Flores were on him to make a lot of changes all the way down to his diet since the preseason.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player perform so horribly in preseason and then get thrown into the action in regular season and perform like a pro bowler. Literally 2 weeks In a row now Needham has been great

Looking forward to see how Nik does against Odell. Great test.
Yes, I do believe he’s going to get worked by Odell. He’s going to have to be physical at LOS. Hopefully our safeties don’t take horrible angles and miss as many tackles this time.

Drafting at it's finest, plucked from small school UTEP, coming to Miami as UDFA looking like he was about to be cut during OTA's - per-season - beginning of the season to now looking like a top 2nd or bottom 1st round selection in the draft, that's the 2nd player Miami has pulled from there UDFA class of 2019 that looking like a keeper (Preston Williams - Nik Needham) kudo's to the scouting department and coaching staff.

As long as fans remember 'failure' does not mean he's no good
Yeah, a rookie against a premier talent is usually a mismatch.

Im sure he will be given safety help over the top, but a smart team can use play action to mitigate that.

The browns haven't been a "smart" team for a while now, so there is that.

Yeah, a rookie against a premier talent is usually a mismatch.

Im sure he will be given safety help over the top, but a smart team can use play action to mitigate that.

The browns haven't been a "smart" team for a while now, so there is that.
I think if the browns hired Flo instead of kitchens they would be devastatingly good right now.

Back
Top Bottom