NJ Star-Ledger claims Meshawn might want to go to Miami. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NJ Star-Ledger claims Meshawn might want to go to Miami.

I just don't see any possibility of having a shot at TO. That's far too big a contract, especially if we want to have a QB capable of exploiting a guy like TO on the team as well...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
I just don't see any possibility of having a shot at TO. That's far too big a contract, especially if we want to have a QB capable of exploiting a guy like TO on the team as well...

I think if we have a good O-line (see sig), Griese could definitely air that ball out to TO. But the contract part you might be right on....

Well, see, that would require keeping Griese around, buying a line, and buying TO. That's just not going to happen with the cap in place unless the defense is just pretty much scrapped...

Much rather have Mushin Muhammed. Still has it in him. Could be a very good #2, at a relatively cheap price. Look what he did to Champ Bailey.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

same except speed? thats like saying a crippled person is just like every other person, except the abilty to walk? it's pretty important.

Think you overshot the runway just a tad there. :) Both men can walk just fine.

Chambers is a 4.4 guy. Keyshawn is a 4.6 guy. Keyshawn lacks the top-end speed that Chambers has. But when you run great routes like he does, it makes up for a lack of speed. Ergo, there ain't THAT big a difference (wheelchair).

I'm sure Miami would welcome Keyshawn with open arms

And i would agree. Keyshawn's in for a rude awakening like Gadsden was last year. I doubt the raiders trade for him unless the Bucs are willing to take a late round pick, or if Keyshawn restructures his contract to facilitate a trade. So he could , quite possibly, find himself an UFA in June and he would have to take a 2mil $ contract for a year or two. I think Keyshawn grossly overestimates his talent and the FA market, especially with a glut of WR's coming out of college and in FA, he's going to find out really quick, that he's not a big dog anymore. I think most clubs have become more and more fiscally responsible and are less willing to give him a big payday, but will make him play lights out for a year to get a bigger payday in FA the following year. Which means Miami will most likely be in the running for his services, and whatever team he catches on with, especially if it's a short term situation, he's gonna behave him self and produce for his final big contract. He's no spring chicken (31 next year)

He'll probably work out ot be a great bargain, don't underestiamte Miami pulling the trigger ala Junior Seau style and making something happen along those lines. And considering our current wr situation, it probably won't be a bad idea.

I think there's a lot to what you say there. If it happens, I just hope that the Dolphins explain that if he starts up with that "give me the damn ball" crap, he's going to have a repeat of this year.

He can play in M Iami any day he wants as far as I am concerned. Keyshawn and Chambers sounds pretty good to me.

I think he will get a low contract with big bonus on the market.

1 TD : 1 million
100 catches : 1 million
1000 yards : 1 million
shut up : 3 millions
:D

given his track record

Originally posted by Jimmy James
I think there's a lot to what you say there. If it happens, I just hope that the Dolphins explain that if he starts up with that "give me the damn ball" crap, he's going to have a repeat of this year.

I doubt any team will give him a contract w/o a big clause in it. Hell, the guy got kicked off the team. That is an unprecedented move. Gm's talk, there's no way he doesn't get slapped with a David Boston type clause in his contract. That's almost a given

I wouldn't mind him coming to Miami.

Atleast we know he'll hold on to the ball if it comes his way.

If he starts up then Zach can smack the **** out of em.

I heard he wanted to stay on the west coast. the travelling to Tampa was bothering him. Not the reason he left but all the same we wants west coast.

I think he will get a low contract with big bonus on the market.

1 TD : 1 million
100 catches : 1 million
1000 yards : 1 million
shut up : 3 millions

I like the last part the best!

No one has ever challenged his talent. Just the way he is a 'cancer' to a locker room. He is too much into himself and not the team. If this is humbling for him, which it should be. Then maybe it won't be a bad idea. That is real hard for me to say bc I have ALWAYS disliked that man.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

same except speed? thats like saying a crippled person is just like every other person, except the abilty to walk? it's pretty important.

I resemble that remark. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom