NJ Star-Ledger claims Meshawn might want to go to Miami. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NJ Star-Ledger claims Meshawn might want to go to Miami.

I've always liked Keyshawn. I don't feel bad for coaches when they can't get a handle on him. All he wants to do is catch the ball and win the ball game. He has superb confidence in his abilities, and he really does think if you just throw him the ball, he CAN win this game for you. Sometimes he struggles, like anyone else in this league, but what he can't stand is when the rest of the offense is struggling, and they are in danger of losing the game, why don't you just throw it to him and let him win the game? He doesn't care about stats as much as people think, he'd be perfectly happy with an Eric Swann type of career. I think he'd look good in a Miami uniform personally, even though he's played for two teams I hate.

But I think its a foregone conclusion that he will be a Jet again personally. I know they report that he SAID he would play for Dallas, but when pressed on the issue on interview with ESPN he flat out said "Ok fine, I will not be playing for Bill Parcells, Bill I'm sorry...now you got me to say somethin"

Its because these other teams he's tossing out there, just subterfuge. He sees what Chad Pennington is doing in NY and he wants to be a part of that...and I'm sure everyone will talk about what a perfect compliment he'll be to the emerging Santana Moss (and I don't doubt it much myself, personally). If only to prevent Keyshawn from beating us with one handed touchdowns yet AGAIN, I would sign him in Miami

Dont be suprised if the jets don't bite

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I've always liked Keyshawn. I don't feel bad for coaches when they can't get a handle on him. All he wants to do is catch the ball and win the ball game. He has superb confidence in his abilities, and he really does think if you just throw him the ball, he CAN win this game for you. Sometimes he struggles, like anyone else in this league, but what he can't stand is when the rest of the offense is struggling, and they are in danger of losing the game, why don't you just throw it to him and let him win the game? He doesn't care about stats as much as people think, he'd be perfectly happy with an Eric Swann type of career. I think he'd look good in a Miami uniform personally, even though he's played for two teams I hate.

But I think its a foregone conclusion that he will be a Jet again personally. I know they report that he SAID he would play for Dallas, but when pressed on the issue on interview with ESPN he flat out said "Ok fine, I will not be playing for Bill Parcells, Bill I'm sorry...now you got me to say somethin"

Its because these other teams he's tossing out there, just subterfuge. He sees what Chad Pennington is doing in NY and he wants to be a part of that...and I'm sure everyone will talk about what a perfect compliment he'll be to the emerging Santana Moss (and I don't doubt it much myself, personally). If only to prevent Keyshawn from beating us with one handed touchdowns yet AGAIN, I would sign him in Miami

After the LC debacle, all of the sports annoucers up here feel like T Owens will be sporting a jets uniform next year, which is scary. I think their GM (Bradway) is on his way out because of the poor personnel decisions he made this past offseason, that directly affected the jets innability to win games, especially the decision to let LC go.
Curtis Conway has been our DT but worse, if you can believe that. Either way the jets are looking to make a big splash in the wr department this offseason, and I hope Miami keeps in stride. i would much rather them get Keyshawn than TO. but you never know. I do think KJ and Chambers will make a killer tandem, especially if tolver, Newson, or simmons, steps up as a strong #3 wr. All we'll need is a solid o-line a good QB and we'll be straight.

The most overrated receiver in the game...keeps comparing himself to Jerry Rice, yet in 8 seasons including this one only averages 13.2 yards per catch and 6 TDs a year.

Caught 106 passes two years ago and had 1 measly TD. Last year had only 5.

Some game-breaker....I'd take Owens over him anyday, warts and all.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I think he will get a low contract with big bonus on the market.

1 TD : 1 million
100 catches : 1 million
1000 yards : 1 million
shut up : 3 millions
:D

LO freaking L !!!

i love it!

but don't forget though, ESPN said that he has listed his house for sale in Tampa and is "searching" for an apartment in NY. does this tell us where he wants to go? obviously its not the Giants so you do the math.

I think he is being too optimistic on where he's going to go. either case, i'd rather the jets get him and we get TO than vice versa.

Who in their right mind would want

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

LO freaking L !!!

i love it!

but don't forget though, ESPN said that he has listed his house for sale in Tampa and is "searching" for an apartment in NY. does this tell us where he wants to go? obviously its not the Giants so you do the math.

I think he is being too optimistic on where he's going to go. either case, i'd rather the jets get him and we get TO than vice versa.

KJ over T Owens. There's no question TO would instantly give us a dominant offense, however with our Cap situation, I don't see it happening, Would be nice but not likely. A TO only comes along once in a blue moon and most teams are willing to break bank to get him. He'll definetly be this Offseason's FA prize. Considering our holes on the o-line and unsettled QB situation, don't count on it.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
nobody cares about what you have to say ckparrothead..... shut up kid
Once again, you wow me with your insightful commentary.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
nobody cares about what you have to say ckparrothead..... shut up kid
You've been spoken to politely before about posts of this kind, junior. Consider this your official warning. Use better judgment about staying within the rules, or you will have more time to do other things.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
subterfuge

Okay folks.

Here's the difference between educated and uneducated.

If that word even came to my mind, I would have to look it up just to make sure it was a word.

Um.....CK, it is a word......Isn't it? :D

Subterfuge ... from the Latin meaning, "under the fudge."

As in ... "The best part of that brownie was the subterfuge nuts."

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Subterfuge ... from the Latin meaning, "under the fudge."

As in ... "The best part of that brownie was the subterfuge nuts."

Okay...

Now I'm totally confused. :confused:

We won't have enough money for either keyshawn or t owens any way . we need an o-line, quaterback & new coaches (Not in that order either)

Back
Top Bottom