No CBA means bye bye CAP foever | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No CBA means bye bye CAP foever

burger13 said:
he can say that now............but if he tries sticking to that into 2008, he'll find the players in a lock-out, and they will wind up coming back with their tails between their legs and getting less than they would have originally - like player unions always do in those situations. Oh yeah, and he won't have his job by the end of it either.

Like baseball? Where a scrub reliever makes more than some probowlers?

Or basketball?

If you have a player's union willing to have a cap and non-guaranteed contracts you do NOT nickle and dime them.

Profits have skyrocketed past payroll. The cap is ridiculously low and if the owner's greed cost them the golden goose of sports contracts, then boo on them.

Yettyskills said:
NFL players can and will be replaced
lickity split
if the NFLPA wants to take it that far?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
problem
everyone can retire, the NFL owners will set a new cap of 50 million dollars and with 3 years be back to where they were making even more of a profit.

The NBA learned, the NHL learned, the NFL already learned
apparently they have forgot
and need to be taught again
upshaw will be out of a job with 3 years

What? The NBA has a sweet player's deal. As does baseball.

The NFL is the only one that doesn't.

If you think that people will put the same enthusiasm into the NFL with scrubs then I guess I just disagree. I won't be back until I'm watching Zach Thomas, et al. I have no interest in watching arena football players.

Yettyskills said:
NFL players can and will be replaced
lickity split

:sidelol:

If that was the case, players with rap sheets as long as my arm wouldn't get chance after chance. This is *NOT* true.

Upshaw doesn't really care about having a job. In fact, I think he's itching to decertify.

no salary cap is fine, let the small teams waste away like baseball, those owners can see thier investments decrease in value, the players will mostly play for less except to the best guys who will make the most money, so everybody loses, if you are a fan of a team that has money you win every year, hopefully miami has money and we win every year, screw the small market teams

big0mar said:
Player would become UFA after 6 years as opposed to 3 or 4 as it is now.

How much would draft picks be paid. If there's no cap would be no rookie salary cap, correct? Would hate to be drafted by the Vikes instead of the Redskins.

PhinSoldia said:
thats Gene Upshaw being an A** and to be honest he is pissing me off because he is the one with all the mouth saying all of this stuff trying to dictate where the meetings will go and its just backfiring. if this dont get done i would sue him if i was the players

Why on earth do people think this?

Upshaw is the owner-friendliest union leader in the world.

What don't people understand about the players agreeing to a hard cap and non-guaranteed contracts. The NFL has it MADE.

Make no mistake, if this happens, there is no reason on earth to blame the players. The owners have the sweetest deal in sports and if their insane greed makes them destroy the utopia, well they'll soon regret it.

No cap = massive increase in player's salaries, we can all agree on that... and what does that tell you about how much less players play for now than they would get in a free market?

no cap = lots of winning seasons for teams with money, i hope the phins are one of those franchises

Eshlemon said:
How much would draft picks be paid. If there's no cap would be no rookie salary cap, correct? Would hate to be drafted by the Vikes instead of the Redskins.

There will be no draft. Rookies go to the highest bidder.

SpurzN703 said:
:eek: That's nuts. Why would the NFl let all this happen? Agree to something already!!!!!!

It will happen because they haven't learned anything from MLB, NHL, or NBA....NFL fans will comeback, like all fans do but they are on the verge of really screwing up a good thing. Labor peace has made the NFL into the monster it is today. I don't believe that the ACTUAL players know how badly they are going to have it if the NFLPA doesn't get a deal done with the owners. It will be a major shock to the players....and the fans!:(

sn9ke.eyes said:
What are you talking about ? After the uncapped year 2007, if there is no labor agreement, there will be no such thing as UFA or FA or franchise tag or any of that. All that is dictated by the CBA (collective bargining agreement).

If I remember correctly, this thread was about the salary cap. not the CBA. people are on here saying that no salary cap would be a bad thing. I DISAGREE. I think no salary cap would improve the quality of football. THATS THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE. Everyone is saying that Snyder and Jones will be throwing around cash and the NFL will stink. I'm just saying that the NFL will be better off.

Jimmy James said:
There will be no draft. Rookies go to the highest bidder.

Maybe then we wouldn't have to wait some long for a franchise QB...:goof:

DreamWeaver said:
It will happen because they haven't learned anything from MLB, NHL, or NBA....NFL fans will comeback, like all fans do but they are on the verge of really screwing up a good thing. Labor peace has made the NFL into the monster it is today. I don't believe that the ACTUAL players know how badly they are going to have it if the NFLPA doesn't get a deal done with the owners. It will be a major shock to the players....and the fans!:(

The players aren't the ones who are going to have it bad -- the owners are the ones who aren't going to have any control over what other owners do to screw up the balance in the league.

big0mar said:
If I remember correctly, this thread was about the salary cap. not the CBA. people are on here saying that no salary cap would be a bad thing. I DISAGREE. I think no salary cap would improve the quality of football. THATS THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE. Everyone is saying that Snyder and Jones will be throwing around cash and the NFL will stink. I'm just saying that the NFL will be better off.

You can't separate the cap from the CBA as you're trying to do. The CBA is going to expire in 2008, and that is what is causing this chaos. It is true that the cap is only one of the issues here, but it is the big issue.

Jimmy James said:
The players aren't the ones who are going to have it bad -- the owners are the ones who aren't going to have any control over what other owners do to screw up the balance in the league.

THE BALANCE OF THE LEAGUE WILL NOT BE SCREWED UP!

THERE WILL STILL BE REVENUE SHARING!

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS?

big0mar said:
THE BALANCE OF THE LEAGUE WILL NOT BE SCREWED UP!

THERE WILL STILL BE REVENUE SHARING!

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS?

I'm not convinced that revenue sharing will even be allowed once the union decertifies.

Back
Top Bottom