No tag for Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No tag for Boston

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
Cardinals | Boston Will Not be Tagged - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:29 PT: Updating an earlier story, the Arizona Cardinals have announced the team will not place either the franchise or transitional tags on WR David Boston. Vice president of player personnel Rod Graves said the team has offered a long-term deal to Boston and the sides have yet to reach an agreement. Both sides will meet Thursday night for further negotiations

He's out of our price range, but it puts a star WR out there so it could help us get Hilliard or Dyson. And, you just never know, we could pull a Kruetz for this guy but I highly, highly doubt it.

On a side note, anyone remember Boston torching Charlie Woodson? That was great, he made Woodson his punk bitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree xmdc, Spikes would make our D dominating. I highly doubt we'll get him, but ya never know.

IMO we need to get a big time player at either safety or OLB and a decent one for whatever we dont fill with the star.

Simmons, Knight, Peterson, Colvin, Spikes, Lassiter...if we could just get one of those guys it would help a ton.

Consider this. Which would mean more to their respective side of the ball, Boston on offense, where we have Ricky, or Spikes on defense, where we have Zach, JT, Sam, Pat, and Brock? When put that way, I think its an easy choice who we should go after. I say make a play for Boston. Getting Spikes is probably a really small possibility. However, we may atually have a shot at Boston, who probably wants to play for a winner......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Consider this. Which would mean more to their respective side of the ball, Boston on offense, where we have Ricky, or Spikes on defense, where we have Zach, JT, Sam, Pat, and Brock? When put that way, I think its an easy choice who we should go after. I say make a play for Boston. Getting Spikes is probably a really small possibility. However, we may atually have a shot at Boston, who probably wants to play for a winner......

Brock is very old and his talent is diminishing. Zack can't take the linebacker load himself. I think getting Spikes would boost the confidence of the dolphins. Boston would be nice to.

What I was saying is that Boston would upgrade the offense more than Spikes would upgrade the defense. We have one Probowler on offense, and six on defense. Where is the weaklink? Offense. Which part should you upgrade? The weak link........

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Cardinals | Boston Will Not be Tagged - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:29 PT: Updating an earlier story, the Arizona Cardinals have announced the team will not place either the franchise or transitional tags on WR David Boston. Vice president of player personnel Rod Graves said the team has offered a long-term deal to Boston and the sides have yet to reach an agreement. Both sides will meet Thursday night for further negotiations

Where's CK at? He's going to wet himself over this.:lol:

I think we're weaker at OLB then at WR right now....

There are plenty of above average WR's out there on the market this year, and only a few above average OLB's....

Get Spikes or Colvin!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I agree, Boston would upgrade the offense more, but he would want to much money. We can save money and pick up quality receivers such as Hilliard, Robinson, or Dyson. I think Spikes would raise the confidence level of the team and overall we would be better. I can see where your coming from with Boston, and agree it would help the offense Tremendously.

I'm actually quite surprised by your responses. Both OLB and WR are indeed weak. However, we have a Probowler in out LB corps, and our best WR is a 2nd year player. There are several awesome LBs available, but only one awesome WR. We could get an above average linebacker at a decent price I think. How often does a game-changing WR become available, free and clear? Almost never. This guy spanked Charles Woodson, and you all don't think he should be number one on our list? I don't get it......

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I agree, Boston would upgrade the offense more, but he would want to much money. We can save money and pick up quality receivers such as Hilliard, Robinson, or Dyson. I think Spikes would raise the confidence level of the team and overall we would be better. I can see where your coming from with Boston, and agree it would help the offense Tremendously.

Spikes is going to command the same large contract as Boston. If we don't get Spikes, there are LBs the calibur of Simmons, Peterson, and Colvin out there. If we don't get Boston, who are out best alternatives? Dyson? Conway? These are all 2nd-tier WRs. The only guy who could be a gamebreaker is Robinson, and he has an injury history......

Boston is a HUGE risk to pay big money to.....and he had a downright horrible season this year.....before his injuries he was just not producing, and dropping very catchable balls....

this guy has made questionable decisions off the field and a truckload of money and south beach doesn't seem like it is a very good football fit for this guy.....

that said he is young and immature, if he did come here i'd be praying that he gets straight, cause if not we would be WASTING waay to much money and cap room on a partier....

he is no guarenteed homerun signing, if he was he would have been tagged.....he comes with a lot of questionmarks and is no certainty to succeed.....just remember that.....

and this is all coming from a huge boston fan.....i love the guy, just afraid of what he is capable of, off the field.....

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I'm actually quite surprised by your responses. Both OLB and WR are indeed weak. However, we have a Probowler in out LB corps, and our best WR is a 2nd year player. There are several awesome LBs available, but only one awesome WR. We could get an above average linebacker at a decent price I think. How often does a game-changing WR become available, free and clear? Almost never. This guy spanked Charles Woodson, and you all don't think he should be number one on our list? I don't get it......

What happens if Boston pulls a James and comes back from his injury as garbage? I would rather have us get Spikes and Hilliard than Boston and some other linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom