No tag for Boston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No tag for Boston

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yes but seeing as how those leads were given up largely by our pass defene, how again does Takeo Spike put the plug in the dike?

Spikes could help our pass defense by covering and by maybe putting more pressure on the QB. Honestly dont know much about his cover skills but short passes killed us and if he covers well would be a god send. We all know Rodgers and Greenwood cant cover my grandma.

I would love to get boston he is just who we need lining up against chambers. I agree i owuld rather have spikes but i would pay big bucks for boston

Actually Rodgers is pretty good in coverage and it was Zach Thomas getting victimized in coverage most often.

And you don't upgrade the pressure on the quarterback with a linebacker, especially not in Jim Bates' defense.

I still fail to see how getting a good linebacker that would make his impact in the run defense, would help the pass defense which allowed the big plays and late game comebacks. The fault was in the secondary.

I think most people on this board are just frustrated and looking for any big name out there to give us some help on defense. We've already got plenty of big names in the secondary so Derrick Rodgers is the victim. We keep being told that safety is an easy position for the Dolphins so we can't possibly think a good safety would help....and is nickel CB really all that important? The best we could do to upgrade the defense is at safety, nickel CB, and in scheme.

And don't drag up the 8 man front argument, because the 8 man fronts that we drew up in training camp went pretty much unused this year since our front 7 was able to handle the run this time.

Boston may not draw as much interest as a a talent of his caliber should b/c of the off-field problems. Some teams are reluctant to throw big money at a player coming off an injury with a possible cocaine problem. Miami may not pursue him for those reasons. That being said, Boston is or at least was, a game changer. In Miami's offense he could make all those chain moving and red zone catches that Gadsen made plus he has the speed to break it or go long. He is a legit top 5 WR and he would instantly become our #1. WR. Spikes is the safer choice. Boston carries more risk and in my opinion more upside. How risk tolerant are the Dolphins? Will they take a greater risk b/c Wanny is in a make or break year?

i think they should get a lt and signing boston then and only then go after another lb who is better than what we have

Let me ask this? I know that Boston is a top tier WR. Do you feel that Fiedler can get him the ball in stride? The reason I ask is, Chambers always has to come back for the ball and I've never seen Jay hit someone deep in stride. Plummer has the ability to get the ball to Boston in stride. Won't that have an ill effect on him? Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
CK you do know I was joking right?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Sorry Den54, i was sopping up my own urine from my pee-soaked floor that came about as a result of hearing this news.

I just know how high you are on this guy. Heck I'm high on him and would to see him on our team. Very unlikely tho.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
yeah i agree with the spikes thing.

i say get whoever we can. david boston would be an awesome addition to this offense. spikes would make the defense dominant. But in the end, its all about getting them here. i would say remember wanny said that we would have one of the best passing games in the nfl. i would think Boston could provide the beef to back that statement.

If we manage to get David Boston, then I'll be one very happy camper. It would be a great move.

Let's see now 5.1 million a year +Gandy's salary is cutting it pretty darn close. Rodger's getting a pay cut+Ruddy is about 2.8M. Zach Thomas' extension will make his yearly salary a whole lot cheaper around 3M. All it means is he is staying here longer, which is not that bad. That's 6M and you can take another 600k from J-Mac. Cutting Ward saves us a little bit and you can replace him with Sam Simmons.

The best move would be making it around 2.5 million for the first year of Boston's contract. That is the only way we can do it. As for the future you must remember that D.G.'s cap hit won't be existent in 2004. That gives us 6.6. million. By then we can cut Fiedler and maybe stick Haley in or a drsft pick from this year at Bowen's spot and we'll be ok.

Didn't Yani(Wanny) say that he wouldn't go for Boston. Maybe he just believed that he wouldn't be franchised.

Please tell me what some more possible cap casualties are?

Originally posted by rafael
Boston may not draw as much interest as a a talent of his caliber should b/c of the off-field problems. Some teams are reluctant to throw big money at a player coming off an injury with a possible cocaine problem. Miami may not pursue him for those reasons. That being said, Boston is or at least was, a game changer. In Miami's offense he could make all those chain moving and red zone catches that Gadsen made plus he has the speed to break it or go long. He is a legit top 5 WR and he would instantly become our #1. WR. Spikes is the safer choice. Boston carries more risk and in my opinion more upside. How risk tolerant are the Dolphins? Will they take a greater risk b/c Wanny is in a make or break year?

Not to mention DUI charges related to cocaine and all that should drive Boston price down.I believe no team will offer anything beyond 3-4 mil range for Boston.If my prediction is correct that will be a bargain(but with a risk) that could payoff big time.Spikes will be awsome but why spent more big money on D(especially when the scheme is build around Zach)?This team needs a true #1 like Boston and take some of the pressure off Chambers.Lets face it Chambers was a dissapointment last season too although you can factor alot things to why he was a dissapointment last seaon.Lets be realictic Spikes is out our price range where teams like Buffalo and Saints will go on a bidding war for him.If Boston is hot commodity then I'll say pursue LT and WR Robinson?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see who is willing to spend the big bucks on Boston.

Atlanta-No, Reeves will draft one
Washington-THey have other needs, and Hilliard is from Florida, done deal
Chargers-Cap trouble, want to draft not sign big contracts
Ravens-Aren't know for being a big signer, may just draft with their good position. They want a future QB too and some help on the D-LINE.

As for the rest of WR wanting club, they mostly want a secondary on third guy.

Our chances and Boston's expected salary are starting to look a lot better. With our 2nd rounder we get maybe a safety now to replace Marion if his salary is too much for us.

Originally posted by jtown777
On defense......yes I do. My reasoning is this, we had a lot of leads well into the late quarters that were blown by the defense last year that could have easily been W's. Like I said, it's only an opinion and that's just how I see it. ;)

I can certainly see where you're coming from here. However, as was stated before, this scheme is built around Zach. I think having Boston would take this offense to a whole new level. Also, I understand its your opinion. I apologize if I came off harsh, I had no intent to do so. Just trying to have a friendly conversation......

Back
Top Bottom