No tag for Boston | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No tag for Boston

As for off-field problems, players get bored on bad teams.

Besides I don't think that there is anything stopping us from making a clause that says Boston's salary will receiver a big cut if he is suspended. I can just see it now the Marx Brothers just much bigger and better, with completely different names. If only Marino had these receivers when are defense was good. Avery would work in that system catching the ball and serving a Garner or Barber type role.

The best part about Boston is that he will only be 25 by next season.

Basically if we get him it's over, it's all over.

Dynasty!Dynasty!Dynasty!Dynasty!Dynasty!

You can't stop Boston, Chambers, and Ricky together.

Count in a top-notch defense and shabbam!

As for cap problems, I don't see them. Spielman knows how to bring in solid players on defense that don't cost too much.

Originally posted by Jaj
Basically if we get him it's over, it's all over.

Dynasty!Dynasty!Dynasty!Dynasty!Dynasty!

You can't stop Boston, Chambers, and Ricky together.

Count in a top-notch defense and shabbam!

As for cap problems, I don't see them. Spielman knows how to bring in solid players on defense that don't cost too much.

That skill postion starting line up would be 2nd to none. Chamebers could go back to being the dreep ball majician, while Boston would be the go to guy. Then thorw in Randy and hid amazing skills at catching footballs. Konard and Ricky also adding the threat of makeing clutch plays in the passing game. On running plays Randy has turned in to a pretty good run blocker while our 2 big strong wide outs could keep the sidelines free when RW hits the edge. Drop Mknight, Ruddy, and Rodgers and this could be a possibility. Add depth thru the draft and hope to steal a older LB in FA. If ZAcg reworks we could also add quality back up QB if Lucs is cut.

I think Rodgers will play harder when he is brought back after a hard pay cut. A guy in the third round will make the plays we need. Lamarcus Donald if he bulks up a little sounds good. The thing that we still need is Gandy, but Petitgout is on the market and shoud help him be more affordable. We could put the value of Boston's contract into a large signing bonus and more money towards the middle of his contract. By then we can get rid of Bowens, who will be older and won't be playing as great. Ian Scott who we could draft with a high comp. pick would be an excellent replacement. Rosenfels could take the job from Fiedler by then and we could start replacing the defensive core.

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I can certainly see where you're coming from here. However, as was stated before, this scheme is built around Zach. I think having Boston would take this offense to a whole new level. Also, I understand its your opinion. I apologize if I came off harsh, I had no intent to do so. Just trying to have a friendly conversation......

No problem...Just making the point that it's not an arguement. Now I happen to agree with you that Boston is a great choice and would absolutely make an impact on our offense. Or any offense for that matter. If our current defensive roster could step up and make things happen (force TO's, stop 3rd and long conversions, fall on a fumble now and then, etc.), then I am all for this transaction. It just seems they are lacking just one big playmaker with an attitude. Either way, Boston or Spikes, I would be one happy Phin fan.;)

Umm with the news out about Zack's contract impasse you can forget us being anything of a player in FA. We just lost what cap room we would have had.

Boston would be better than Price IMO. Chambers speed doesn't help him because he always has to wait for the ball. With Fiedler at QB a big tough receiver like Boston who fights for the ball would be perfect.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Umm with the news out about Zack's contract impasse you can forget us being anything of a player in FA. We just lost what cap room we would have had.

I wonder if the Dolphins would consider cutting Thomas if he doesn't restructure his contract since he is in his last year of his contract(there no cap hit or low cap hit?this one for aqua or clump).I haven't check the FA mlb's available but Thomas should be trying to work with the team to free up cap not handcuffing the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Boston would be the perfect fit for Fiedler and the Fins.. and his ability to fight off double and even triple teams would also open things up for Ricky, Chambers and McM.

Cutting Zach and signing some outsider to play MLB would be some pretty bad PR...not only with the fans but with the locker room. It might throw the players into full rebellion against Dave and if that happens we'll never win I dont care if we've got Boston, Kurt Warner, and the 90's Dallas OL.

They HAVE to get this thing with Zach done. Both sides need to cooperate.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Cutting Zach and signing some outsider to play MLB would be some pretty bad PR...not only with the fans but with the locker room. It might throw the players into full rebellion against Dave and if that happens we'll never win I dont care if we've got Boston, Kurt Warner, and the 90's Dallas OL.

They HAVE to get this thing with Zach done. Both sides need to cooperate.

Well the way I see it Zach really will explore other teams (where he feels he can win a superbowl).If they can't agree on a contract extension soon that will mean Miami will be limited to what they can do in free agency.Remeber Zach contract is basicly the most important source to free up cap space.I don't believe it will be a bad PR move if you go out there and spent the money right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jtown777
Let me ask this? I know that Boston is a top tier WR. Do you feel that Fiedler can get him the ball in stride? The reason I ask is, Chambers always has to come back for the ball and I've never seen Jay hit someone deep in stride. Plummer has the ability to get the ball to Boston in stride. Won't that have an ill effect on him? Just curious.

I'm also curious as to what everyone thinks. i remember quite a few balls that would have been 6. But instead CC had to come back to the ball or the pass was broken up.

Originally posted by fins1
I'm also curious as to what everyone thinks. i remember quite a few balls that would have been 6. But instead CC had to come back to the ball or the pass was broken up.

:rolleyes:
Wow!!! Now this is also turning into a Fiedler thread.Is there a thread that doesn't some how comeback to Fiedler???.....

Back
Top Bottom