Not looking good fellow DolFans. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Not looking good fellow DolFans.

I don't know if he was "discarded" by two teams. The Bears traded him in the deal for Jay Cutler and the Broncos are trading him because they are bad and have a first round quarterback that they need to make a decision on. The Dolphins aren't a team that needs all world quarterback play to win games, just a guy that is average to above average and they can really make some noise.

Well said bflat.... It's been said by more than one media person that they think the Broncos should actually hold onto Orton as he is still the superior QB compared to Tebow. The guy hasn't been dumped by either team... The Bears took a shot at a system QB in Cutler and Tebow starting reeked of owner politics towards the end of last year.... Not to mention Orton is only 28 years old, going to be 29 in November, while Henne is already 26 and many here think he's already peaked.

I'm a Henne supporter and think last season was more a product of Hennings play calling than anything else.... Anyone can suck if they're not put in a position to succeed... look at Brady last playoffs against the Jets... guy is an all world talent but if the game plan is bad you're not going to win. But why not take a shot as bringing in a guy who has been successful recently on a team with a horrendous defense..... I still don't see how its a bad move for a 3rd round pick.

You might as well start your Sanchez>Orton threads now. We all know they are coming

All I care about is if the Jets are better than the Dolphins(and the rest of the division and conference) but yes Sanchez is better than orton.

Like him or not, either way we'll have the second best QB in the division.

No matter who our QB will be next year, we can at least be sure, we will not have the worst, Sanchez will make sure of that.

What is it that makes the jets such an amazing team is it their MVP QB? Id take Orton over Sanchez any day of the week! You guys always complain about the QB situation, is there a better answer out there than Orton, if so what is it im dying to hear. And if you say Palmer your a moron, he hasnt been relevant since Kemo rolled his ankle.

haha. yeah right. If we sign Orton you will have the worst QB in the division
1 Brady
2a Orton
2b Fitz
4 Sanchez

Sanchez easily is the 2nd best QB in that group then orton then Fitz. Fitz is like a poor mans Orton, both can put up nice #s in meaningless games but they cannot lead their team to wins.

All I care about is if the Jets are better than the Dolphins(and the rest of the division and conference) but yes Sanchez is better than orton.

Not going to jump into a QB comparison battle with you....yet. BUT, I am curious as to your honest thoughts if the Jets get Nhamdi. I will admit I haven't looked much into the Jets Salary Cap situation, but I thought they were quite a bit over. I know they made some cuts, but do you think that it is worth the money the Jets may shell out for him? Or, would you rather they use the money elsewhere?

Can I nominate this thread for "Punch Drunk On Aquaberry Kool-Aid Of The Year Award?!?!" Roflmao Revis sucks? Nmandi is overrated and you don't go get him because we have Sean Charmin Soft Smith who can't cover a in route to save his life!

How are things not looking good for us dolfans, hence the title. ''not looking good fellow dolfans''?

from what we are all hearing, it seems like we are about to aquire a qb, who although may not be a dan marino, or aaron rodgers type guy, etc, he is still a major upgrade over henne, and we have gotten significantly better just from that.

also, it seems like we are going to sign bradshshaw friday, which would give us a major boost in big play capability out of the backfield, and in the receiving game also.

its early guys, so far you can only resign your own guys until 6 pm friday. i am liking what i hear so far surrounding the fins, and it sounds like our offense is going to get a major boost in a few areas, and coupled with our defense which will only get better, i am excited for this season, and i think we can make some noise.

How are things not looking good for us dolfans, hence the title. ''not looking good fellow dolfans''?

from what we are all hearing, it seems like we are about to aquire a qb, who although may not be a dan marino, or aaron rodgers type guy, etc, he is still a major upgrade over henne, and we have gotten significantly better just from that.

also, it seems like we are going to sign bradshshaw friday, which would give us a major boost in big play capability out of the backfield, and in the receiving game also.

its early guys, so far you can only resign your own guys until 6 pm friday. i am liking what i hear so far surrounding the fins, and it sounds like our offense is going to get a major boost in a few areas, and coupled with our defense which will only get better, i am excited for this season, and i think we can make some noise.

Because it's one of several common threads that is way too premature for reasoning. This occurs every year and is usually about multiple subjects (NFL draft/Preseason Power Polls being the others)

I believe we're 3-1 against the Jets since Rex Ryan has been their coach. Who the flock cares what the Jets are doing. I don't. I only care about what we're doing and right now it's not a lot. Ireland seems to be treating this free agency period like it's a 3 month long normal free agency period. He needs to pick up the pace, when you only have 2 weeks in what used to be 12 every day lost is almost equivalent to a week of free agency.

What! Course you care what the Jets are doing.

Apart from being a huge rival, they are upping the stakes in our division.

I had a Pats fan calling me rather worried about the prospect of Asomugha teaming up with Revis. He said 'The Jets want to take it to the Pats, yeah I'm concerned'

Our division is getting stronger each year and the bar is being raised accordingly. Even Buffalo are no mugs.

Miami needs to be consistant on both sides of ball. There is no room for error and we cannot carry players who are under-performing or simply not good enough if we want to make the playoffs and beyond.

Not going to jump into a QB comparison battle with you....yet. BUT, I am curious as to your honest thoughts if the Jets get Nhamdi. I will admit I haven't looked much into the Jets Salary Cap situation, but I thought they were quite a bit over. I know they made some cuts, but do you think that it is worth the money the Jets may shell out for him? Or, would you rather they use the money elsewhere?

I'm not a cap expert but we do have a GM that I trust and one that knows the cap inside and out so if we sign him I'm all for it. To get Holmes back and Aso would be an incredible day and very well make us the favorites in the AFC. I am excited though I will be sad to see Braylon leave.

Back
Top Bottom