Now Stephen Ross INSULTS OUR INTELLIGENCE! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Stephen Ross INSULTS OUR INTELLIGENCE!

Maybe a Lawyers view but it don't cut the mustard on here...

I'm sure it makes a big difference to Tony whether Ross spoke to those other coaches about taking over our team, or if he asked Peterson to do it for him. It's legalese, but it doesn't change the situation in Davie. The owner tried to get rid of you.

If Sparano doesn't feel like Cutler did after last year's draft, he's really dense.

You are basing this on what? I think the past few days proves that a lot of sources and rumors were way off. Some had Sparano fired and some said Harbaugh signed and was already in Miami. You really trust these sources?

This is the FACT that most everyone here seems to miss. They get their panties in a twist every time they hear anything. Then when they find out that RUMOR was actually NOT A FACT, they forget to clear it from their bitchanator.

He is a FREAKING RETARD! You don't look to replace somebody without an opening to begin with...then you take the GM across the country in a jet just to tell Harbaugh "to go back to Stanford"...and the idiot expects us to believe that...and your ok with that by calling it a mistake? IMG!!!!

Ross is such a fantastic person he travels across the country just to tell Harbaugh
(who he has no interest in and who he didn't offer a contract) "to go back to Stanford"

Amazing that a billionaire would take time out of a busy schedule to help another

SEE HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO HAVE STEPHEN ROSS

the funny part is hairball didnt listen to the billionare. Im pretty sure he took the san fran job didn't he.

Nublar, he is getting just criticism and skepticism from media outside Miami. Yahoo and NFL Network to name a few.

the funny part is hairball didnt listen to the billionare. Im pretty sure he took the san fran job didn't he.

He did but he knows for future reference that Ross is only a transcontinental flight away
if he has any other questions' why use a phone"

I am ashamed to have this man as our owner...

Will all due respect, and I mean that sincerely as we are both Dolphins fans, this type of post is unbelievable to me.
Lets just look at the facts;

1) this team had playoff aspirations in the offseason
2) this team, especially on offense, regressed during the season to the point where they eventually couldn't score 1 point in the season finale
3) this team was guided by Sparano who, amongst his many questionable game day decisions, let the offensive play calling continue right through that season finale
4) this team did not make the playoffs and the MAJORITY of fans on this site wanted Sparano's head (and I agree to an extent b/c at the end of the day the buck stops with him relevant to on field performance)
5) this teams owner, angry like we all are (which I much prefer to an owner who sits back and lets this type of stuff repeat itself, see the bengals) decides that this type of on field performance is unacceptable and moves like a mad man to fix it
6) this teams owner, on his trip to make this team better, steps on some toes as he is inexperienced in the nuances of running a FOOTBALL team
7) this teams owner swings and misses as he treats his QB search like like he would a company takeover (throw money till he gets what he wants)
8) this teams owner comes back, ashamed himself and angry he couldn't make HIS team better and tries damage control as that is natural
9) this teams head coach makes the choice to stay and collect his paycheque knowing damn well he could walk away anytime but refused (refused b/c of the money and HC opportunity, no other reason)

Now having all these facts in front of you, really, you are ashamed!?!?!?
I am not ashamed of Ross, I would just hope that he learns and tries a different approach next time.
Actually, I think we should be glad that we have an owner that will stop at nothing to make this team better (and don't tell me he just wants to turn this team in to a circus either b/c sure he brought in some glitz to spice up the image the way he wants but he also brought in any player that he was asked to bring in regardless of the money, see Dansby, Marshall, Grove, Carey extension,......)

Honestly, he whiffed, he will have to do some damage control but guys, time heals everything and one thing that won't change is Ross's desperation to make this team a winner on and off the field and I for one appreciate that.

I love it. If he didn't go after Harbaugh more of you would be whining about that.

Maybe a Lawyers view but it don't cut the mustard on here...

Of course it does. The only difference is Ross got caught. Some of you act like what Ross did was uncommon. I think this is the POINT so many of you continue to miss.

The MEDIA is leading so many of you around, by the nose. It's kind of funny to watch actually.

I hope Ross learned a valuable lesson, DON'T TRUST THE MEDIA!

Will all due respect, and I mean that sincerely as we are both Dolphins fans, this type of post is unbelievable to me.
Lets just look at the facts;

1) this team had playoff aspirations in the offseason
2) this team, especially on offense, regressed during the season to the point where they eventually couldn't score 1 point in the season finale
3) this team was guided by Sparano who, amongst his many questionable game day decisions, let the offensive play calling continue right through that season finale
4) this team did not make the playoffs and the MAJORITY of fans on this site wanted Sparano's head (and I agree to an extent b/c at the end of the day the buck stops with him relevant to on field performance)
5) this teams owner, angry like we all are (which I much prefer to an owner who sits back and lets this type of stuff repeat itself, see the bengals) decides that this type of on field performance is unacceptable and moves like a mad man to fix it
6) this teams owner, on his trip to make this team better, steps on some toes as he is inexperienced in the nuances of running a FOOTBALL team
7) this teams owner swings and misses as he treats his QB search like like he would a company takeover (throw money till he gets what he wants)
8) this teams owner comes back, ashamed himself and angry he couldn't make HIS team better and tries damage control as that is natural
9) this teams head coach makes the choice to stay and collect his paycheque knowing damn well he could walk away anytime but refused (refused b/c of the money and HC opportunity, no other reason)

Now having all these facts in front of you, really, you are ashamed!?!?!?
I am not ashamed of Ross, I would just hope that he learns and tries a different approach next time.
Actually, I think we should be glad that we have an owner that will stop at nothing to make this team better (and don't tell me he just wants to turn this team in to a circus either b/c sure he brought in some glitz to spice up the image the way he wants but he also brought in any player that he was asked to bring in regardless of the money, see Dansby, Marshall, Grove, Carey extension,......)

Honestly, he whiffed, he will have to do some damage control but guys, time heals everything and one thing that won't change is Ross's desperation to make this team a winner on and off the field and I for one appreciate that.

You might want to double check point number 2

"A local radio DJ made an interesting point. What the owners did to Sparano is the same EXACT thing that Sparano does all the time with his own players. During the offseason Sparano already had a player for the kicker position, and he invited 2 other kickers to try out for the same position. He had also done this with other postions. Is this not the same thing?? Both players and coaches have a lively hood to uphold and put food on the table for their families. The owner wants whats best for the Organization. IF the coach can do it to players, why not owners do it to coaches??? Coaches do it all the time...."

Quote form a guuy on another site.

"A local radio DJ made an interesting point. What the owners did to Sparano is the same EXACT thing that Sparano does all the time with his own players. During the offseason Sparano already had a player for the kicker position, and he invited 2 other kickers to try out for the same position. He had also done this with other postions. Is this not the same thing?? Both players and coaches have a lively hood to uphold and put food on the table for their families. The owner wants whats best for the Organization. IF the coach can do it to players, why not owners do it to coaches??? Coaches do it all the time...."

Quote form a guuy on another site.

Amen, I cannot feel sorry for Sparano, this is business not marriage, he is making 3 mil a season if he chooses, he can leave if he wants.....

Harbaugh is a man and always had the right to turn Ross down. I think the average fan would admit that it was a possibility, and they aren't hanging Ross for it. But when you move to Plan B, do it, don't retreat back to what worked so well last year you tried to dump it.

Ross' failure is bringing Tony back, not whiffing on Harbaugh. Cowher should have received a phone call stating "Fax your blueprint for Dolphins success and salary requirements to the number at the bottom of this page." We'd be better off, and I'm not even in love with the choice. Putting last season's garbage back out on the field in 2011 is unforgivable.

Back
Top Bottom