Now Stephen Ross INSULTS OUR INTELLIGENCE! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Stephen Ross INSULTS OUR INTELLIGENCE!

With all due respect:

1) This man looks at life thru Aqua colored Glasses.

Will all due respect, and I mean that sincerely as we are both Dolphins fans, this type of post is unbelievable to me.
Lets just look at the facts;

1) this team had playoff aspirations in the offseason
2) this team, especially on offense, regressed during the season to the point where they eventually couldn't score 1 point in the season finale
3) this team was guided by Sparano who, amongst his many questionable game day decisions, let the offensive play calling continue right through that season finale
4) this team did not make the playoffs and the MAJORITY of fans on this site wanted Sparano's head (and I agree to an extent b/c at the end of the day the buck stops with him relevant to on field performance)
5) this teams owner, angry like we all are (which I much prefer to an owner who sits back and lets this type of stuff repeat itself, see the bengals) decides that this type of on field performance is unacceptable and moves like a mad man to fix it
6) this teams owner, on his trip to make this team better, steps on some toes as he is inexperienced in the nuances of running a FOOTBALL team
7) this teams owner swings and misses as he treats his QB search like like he would a company takeover (throw money till he gets what he wants)
8) this teams owner comes back, ashamed himself and angry he couldn't make HIS team better and tries damage control as that is natural
9) this teams head coach makes the choice to stay and collect his paycheque knowing damn well he could walk away anytime but refused (refused b/c of the money and HC opportunity, no other reason)

Now having all these facts in front of you, really, you are ashamed!?!?!?
I am not ashamed of Ross, I would just hope that he learns and tries a different approach next time.
Actually, I think we should be glad that we have an owner that will stop at nothing to make this team better (and don't tell me he just wants to turn this team in to a circus either b/c sure he brought in some glitz to spice up the image the way he wants but he also brought in any player that he was asked to bring in regardless of the money, see Dansby, Marshall, Grove, Carey extension,......)

Honestly, he whiffed, he will have to do some damage control but guys, time heals everything and one thing that won't change is Ross's desperation to make this team a winner on and off the field and I for one appreciate that.

Carl Peterson is supposedly the one that put feelers out to Cowher and Gruden. Last time I checked, he is not an official member of the organization. So there is truth there.

Only if you thought it true when Saban said " I have not talked with Alabama", when his agent had.

Your so brilliant, you played both sides of the fence. Why don't you give me some winning lottery #'s Miss Cleo?

My stance was always the same. I expected Sparano to be back, though I would be open to change if that happened. Sparano needs to correct some things, but I am not going to jump off the bridge because he is back.

I am not. He made some mistakes, but he is new to this business

Nubs that defense would have merit were he not who he is. He may be 'new to this business', but he is most definitely not 'new to business'.

the man claims naivete´ on not knowing this would be a 'national story'. earth-to-Ross: NFL Network! Football 24/7!

hid behind his homeboy Covert Carl doing a checkdown on Chin & Chucky (one for him, smove bidness move)

didnt know he'd hurt Tony's feelings? was that b4 of after the Mangini call?!! (which i pinned couple days ago as Ross trying to learn the ways of Obi-wan-KaBeli)

had Ireland fall on his sword, so you know how much of a punk his is now. his anus is Ross' glove size now, cause he's full on Pinocchio.

and this quote: "You don't just make change for the sake of change." tells us, 'get ready for more suck next season'.

on second thought, Boss lemme have a bit of that change... i need it for the machine. gotta wash all your bullsh*t outta my ears!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will all due respect, and I mean that sincerely as we are both Dolphins fans, this type of post is unbelievable to me.
Lets just look at the facts;

1) this team had playoff aspirations in the offseason
2) this team, especially on offense, regressed during the season to the point where they eventually couldn't score 1 point in the season finale
3) this team was guided by Sparano who, amongst his many questionable game day decisions, let the offensive play calling continue right through that season finale
4) this team did not make the playoffs and the MAJORITY of fans on this site wanted Sparano's head (and I agree to an extent b/c at the end of the day the buck stops with him relevant to on field performance)
5) this teams owner, angry like we all are (which I much prefer to an owner who sits back and lets this type of stuff repeat itself, see the bengals) decides that this type of on field performance is unacceptable and moves like a mad man to fix it
6) this teams owner, on his trip to make this team better, steps on some toes as he is inexperienced in the nuances of running a FOOTBALL team
7) this teams owner swings and misses as he treats his QB search like like he would a company takeover (throw money till he gets what he wants)
8) this teams owner comes back, ashamed himself and angry he couldn't make HIS team better and tries damage control as that is natural
9) this teams head coach makes the choice to stay and collect his paycheque knowing damn well he could walk away anytime but refused (refused b/c of the money and HC opportunity, no other reason)

Now having all these facts in front of you, really, you are ashamed!?!?!?
I am not ashamed of Ross, I would just hope that he learns and tries a different approach next time.
Actually, I think we should be glad that we have an owner that will stop at nothing to make this team better (and don't tell me he just wants to turn this team in to a circus either b/c sure he brought in some glitz to spice up the image the way he wants but he also brought in any player that he was asked to bring in regardless of the money, see Dansby, Marshall, Grove, Carey extension,......)

Honestly, he whiffed, he will have to do some damage control but guys, time heals everything and one thing that won't change is Ross's desperation to make this team a winner on and off the field and I for one appreciate that.

Those two is what Im saying you mess up you have to dmg control but people dont understand. secondly if Sparano was so damn irrate about the situation why not WALK why not resign and thats it go about your business but he didnt because he still had that hope that he would stay so I dont feel sorry for no one here sparano did not get disrespected and he did then obviously he has low self steem and doesnt respect himself since he didnt take the door.

People are so blind this is a BUSINESS PEOPLE it is what it is Ross is a good owner he opens up his check book and PAYS for players I bet you wayne would of just sat there and done nothing aobut the coaching situation.

In all I think Ross used a strategy to light a fire under Sporanos *** since it seemed he wasnt motivated during the season to do better. Hopefully taht fire has been lit and he'll show it by leading a better team

I dont think so far after this mess that he is a good NFL owner. Extending a coach that u wanted to replace makes no fiscal sense at all and to think the coordinators in the league had their head in the sand and dont see that change will be coming soon is insulting to their intelligence.

wpe26-1.jpg

The media were the ones way out of line this past week, not Ross imo.

so looking for another coach while u have one currently hired was not wrong

No. We do it for players. I do it for underachieving employees at my company. Its business. His only mistake was doing it publicly, which wasnt necessarily his fault.

Aside from the back and forth about who is right, I know one thing. This is a completely dysfunctional organization.

Right after the NE loss, I said this next week and how it plays out will tell us a lot about Ross. Now we know and have seen.

How does this organization move forward from here? We have a coach the owner doesn't want (I don't care what Ross says look at his actions), a coach who likely now distrusts the owner, players who don't seem to respect the coach, and on and on.

We have thin draft picks and what free agent wants to come here now.

Ross has royally screwed this up. If he was keeping Tony he needed to say this a week ago, not explore options, and keep some semblance of stability.

Instead, with the cat out of the bag, he does this soap opera weirdness. Ross created a situation where the only respectable and rational thing was to let Tony go for this organization to not be a laughingstock. But no, he retains him a calls a press conference. Here we have it - moron and morano. Together again.

I'd love to have a boss like Ross. Great guy.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gerblack

"A local radio DJ made an interesting point. What the owners did to Sparano is the same EXACT thing that Sparano does all the time with his own players. During the offseason Sparano already had a player for the kicker position, and he invited 2 other kickers to try out for the same position. He had also done this with other postions. Is this not the same thing?? Both players and coaches have a lively hood to uphold and put food on the table for their families. The owner wants whats best for the Organization. IF the coach can do it to players, why not owners do it to coaches??? Coaches do it all the time...."

Quote form a guuy on another site.

I agree with you to some degree but those players aren't in leadership roles like a coach. How do you think it would impact the team if you did this with their quarterback? Quarterback controversy isn't a sought after scenario in the NFL. You can't undermine team leadership like Ross has done and expect positive results. Maybe I'll be proven wrong though ...

Back
Top Bottom