Offensive game ball: Jay Fiedler and RW's... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive game ball: Jay Fiedler and RW's...

Re: more jay hype..................

Originally posted by clayton83
all i have ever said is that i don't think jay can take this team where it wants to go.

2 problems with that argument:
  1. Tom Brady
  2. Trent Dilfer[/list=1] were the last 2 SB QBs and Jay is as good as them

Originally posted by Oliver
... man what a game today this guy looked GREAT, he single handedly gave the Dolphins life early today with that rushing TD. What a GREAT decision on his part, nice play Jay. Plus having a 2 TD 0 INT’s day with a 108.5 QB rating doesn't hurt either.

What can you say about Ricky Williams? The guy is our offense. Although he fumbled the ball today, at least he did it on the Pats side of the field. But without RW’s Fiedler doesn’t have the day he had today.

This was a tough decision, because both Chambers and McMichael (MM) had GREAT days. But I just felt that JF and RW's are the reasons they had those GREAT days today.

Oliver...

C'MON OLIVER! ONLY A 108 QB Rating!!! EVERY FUTURE GM KNOWS ANYTHING LESS THAN 110 QB RATING IS BACKUP MATERIAL........<grin>

Re: It was not poorly under thrown...

Originally posted by Oliver
... yes McKnight had to slow up a step, but that does not mean that qualifies the throw as a poorly thrown deep ball. I swear Fiedler cannot get a signgle break when he completes a deep ball from certain ppl. I mean how do you nit pick a 35-yard completion? At least McKnight didn't drop this one like he did in last years play off game against the Ravens. I guess that was also Fiedler's fault?

Sorry Jay throws a pretty deep ball, just because the offense is struggling a lil bit right now to get the deep ball going that doesn't change he throws a pretty deep ball. I remember the AWESOME deep throws Jay made last year. He's the same QB, he's simply trying to get his deep throw timing down.

Well I don't see his finger being a problem because that throw to McKnight was a nice throw. All he had to do was throw it 1 foot to the left and that was a TD. But that has nothing to with his arm strength or the finger limiting his ability to throw the ball deep.

Oliver...

Funny thing is, while some are quick to point out that McKnight had to slow a step for that deep ball, they ignore the fact that it was Jay's quick read that got the ball there, and he also roped the pass between two defenders.

:eek: I guess people see what they want to see. If the underthrown pass hadnt been completed, I'd have been disappointed with jay, like when he overthrew Chambers early in the season, but since it was completed I like giving him props based on the results...like when he ran in the score.....great feet. DANGEROUS!

another reply................

SURFEROSA: the new england game is my point. jay will not have an easier game all year. he was barely touched. i thought the pats would come in with a lot more heat than they did.

there was no one around jay. he could have wrote a novel waiting in the pocket for MOST of that game.

that doesn't get you to the dance. when there is heat on jay, he crumbles. 8 out 11 times he will miss the money play. you have to be able to CONSISTANTLY make plays under pressure.

that is what seperates the championship qb's from the journymen.

just like he crumbled on third and goal when the heat was on? which game were you watching?

He beat Huard...

... Fiedler moved and led his offense to points in his 1st preseason start. Unlike Huard who couldn't do so in 3 starts. Therefore Fiedler won the job, get it?

The Jags wanted badly to keep Fiedler, but they couldn't because of their progressing CAP problems. No one has ever disputed that Fiedler has had a bumpy NFL career. Like many current NFL starters, he is no different. There are quite a few QB's with similar histories to Jay's that are also playing at a high level.

I don't believe anyone said Fiedler was better than Gannon or Montana. I believe some have said they have similar styles of play. I'm always amazed how Jay bashers read what they want to read. People say he plays similar to said QB's, and they read he's a HOF QB or better than said QB's.

Oh and Fiedler has also elevated his game, sorry you missed it. Try watching the games.

Oliver...

oooohhh, thats right! thge great damon huard. i forgot about that. shoot, what ws i thinking dissing jay. he IS joe montana.

first off, damon huard was a joke. he is what, 4th string in new england still?

we were desperate for a QB. after jay threw a td pass against us in the jags/marino 62 to 3 fiasco, wanny and co. got a stiffy for jay and signed him.

i remember jay being hurt and missing all but one pre season game. and they still gave him the job over huard. he didn't beat huard out at all, he was getting that job no matter what!!

he is wanny's guy and they will ride him to the end, although i do think the leash is short.

look at this pre season. jay is hurt again, lucas comes in and moves the team with ease and looks in comand of the offense and it doesn't matter. jay is "beating" no one. there is just money and wanny reputation tied up in jay.

oh and HOMER OLIVER, seems to me like jay was on the jets for a nano second before geting run, i think the bungles had him in camp and then ran him after that, then the vikes, run again, then he was at hoffstra [out of the nfl] and thats when his mom or who ever sent those tapes to the teams and he got signed by the jags, who were in the middle of a dispute on weather to keep brunnell the following year, and still unloaded jay to the dolphins. they didn't care either!

and yes, gannon WAS a journyman qb. but he elevated his game, thats the difference.

yeah, i know, jay is better than gannon, he looks just like joe montana, he's going to the pro bowl, blah, blah, blah............

Obviously and...

... we've all been saying Fiedler is better than Gannon and Montana, sheesh. I'm always amazed how ppl see what they want to see and ignore reality.

Oliver...

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

C'MON OLIVER! ONLY A 108 QB Rating!!! EVERY FUTURE GM KNOWS ANYTHING LESS THAN 110 QB RATING IS BACKUP MATERIAL........<grin>

Re: another reply................

SURFEROSA: the new england game is my point. jay will not have an easier game all year. he was barely touched. i thought the pats would come in with a lot more heat than they did.

there was no one around jay. he could have wrote a novel waiting in the pocket for MOST of that game.

that doesn't get you to the dance. when there is heat on jay, he crumbles. 8 out 11 times he will miss the money play. you have to be able to CONSISTANTLY make plays under pressure.

that is what seperates the championship qb's from the journymen.

I guess we'll agree to disagree here Clayton. Yes in the NE game there were playswhere he had a lot of time to throw, but there were other plays where he made something out of nothing, running for a TD when noone was open and a defender had him in his grips. To me that was the signature play of our season thus far. To you it was a routine play that every QB is expected to make.

Again, my point is that he is still growing, still improving - that is why I am high on him. Despite all the statistics backing up this claim, and despite yet anpther hot start to the season, you seem to think that he's reached his peak and has "tapped out". I must say I dont understand your rationale, but I guess time will tell who is right on this.

good chattng with you though....

Back
Top Bottom