Offensive Line | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

I can't see the Jets passing on Sewell at 2 if they're going to stick with Sam.
that's a big "if" regarding Darnold. Depends on how they feel about Fields & Wilson after they get a close look at them at their pro days. They can probably get 3rd round pick for Darnold in a trade. New coach, can start over. Or they could surround him with more talent, but I don't think they even know at this point in the process.

New coaches generally want their guy. It is a good way to buy themselves a few years of patience from the fans. I think the Jets take Fields/Wilson. SF is a player in the top of the draft if they don’t get Watson. They have a really good team. Jimmy G just isn’t the answer. I think they sell the farm to move up and take Zach Wilson.

And somehow the Packers managed to not miss a beat without David Bakhtiari at LT last weekend. An O-line that includes Billy Turner. Remember him? He's developed into a very nice player. Lines have to play as a unit and players need to develop. I mean, Jackson is like 21 years old...
Piggy back on it, a poster mentioned

<<at some point we're gonna have to get better at scouting and player development and stop burning 1st and 2nd round picks on cornfed. the chiefs started two 7th rounders and two former UDFA on OL today and billy ****** turner is playing LT for the packers.>>

Good point. And I agree, a trade down prob would be best.

This speculation is all prior to the East West Shrine Game, the Senior Bowl, the combine and pro days. Someone is going to move up (Smith?). Someone is gonna slide (Parsons?).BUT..... As of right now....Assuming the 2 QB’s are taken, we either take Sewell or we trade down. Sewell just erases people from the play. Yes, He’s that good. I think our offense would be helped overall right away.

However, Sewell can’t run a 9 route or run for 120 yards a game.

This is an indisputable fact.....Grier has a hell of a problem on his hands. Decisions, Decisions.

There was no 'supposedly great'... he was legitimately great... but as always, it takes a team and we didn't have it.

You say, give me a speedy receiver...

We've drafted those too... and by your way of analyzing this... they didn't 'move the needle' either.

That's his point. We have drafted WRs that havent moved the needle because they haven't been good. We drafted a GREAT LT and it didnt move the needle. A little bit different. Even drafting the great LT we wallowed in mediocrity. Would you rather face the chiefs without Tyrek Hill or Eric Fisher? Both are pro bowl players

If the Jets are smart they'll grab Wilson in like 2seconds and we'll be in trouble...

I think that kid has potential magic in his future.

Of course if he goes to the J e t s I hope he sucks.

This speculation is all prior to the East West Shrine Game, the Senior Bowl, the combine and pro days. Someone is going to move up (Smith?). Someone is gonna slide (Parsons?).BUT..... As of right now....Assuming the 2 QB’s are taken, we either take Sewell or we trade down. Sewell just erases people from the play. Yes, He’s that good. I think our offense would be helped overall right away.

However, Sewell can’t run a 9 route or run for 120 yards a game.

This is an indisputable fact.....Grier has a hell of a problem on his hands. Decisions, Decisions.
It's going to be a horrible offseason. the EW Shrine Game is cancelled. The combine is just going to be online interviews. Team boards are going to be so varied this year. The senior bowl is going to be big.

That's his point. We have drafted WRs that havent moved the needle because they haven't been good. We drafted a GREAT LT and it didnt move the needle. A little bit different. Even drafting the great LT we wallowed in mediocrity. Would you rather face the chiefs without Tyrek Hill or Eric Fisher? Both are pro bowl players
ONE player rarely moves the needle... especially when what we really lacked at that time... was a QB.

...and that's part of the reason why that analysis was so poor.

ONE player rarely moves the needle... especially when what we really lacked at that time... was a QB.

...and that's part of the reason why that analysis was so poor.
I can tell you one player that has moved the needle a lot. Its this big Megatron WR up in Buffalo. I think his name is Diggs. Hes the prototypical WR standing at 6'0 190 pounds.

I can tell you one player that has moved the needle a lot. Its this big Megatron WR up in Buffalo. I think his name is Diggs. Hes the prototypical WR standing at 6'0 190 pounds.
Sorry... but Megatron???

He's a nice receiver, but he's a 6 footer and the Buffalo team was already really good.

So... no.

Sorry... but Megatron???

He's a nice receiver, but he's a 6 footer and the Buffalo team was already really good.

So... no.
That was the joke. Everyone thinks your WRs have to be 6'7. Diggs put up 1,500 and 8 TDs. I dont care if he was 4'5. Hes the best WR in the game right now.He took that team over the hump.

If the Jets are smart they'll grab Wilson in like 2seconds and we'll be in trouble...

I think that kid has potential magic in his future.

Of course if he goes to the J e t s I hope he sucks.
The guy that I think might fall to us... is Trask.

He's all over the draft boards as there is no true consensus on him... I've seen him at the bottom of the first (which I think it too early), and I've seen him in the third or fourth (which would be a bargain).

He's a guy who might surprise and he'll be cheap, I think. Unless we've moved to Watson, I'm looking at Trask to back up Tua.

The guy that I think might fall to us... is Trask.

He's all over the draft boards as there is no true consensus on him... I've seen him at the bottom of the first (which I think it too early), and I've seen him in the third or fourth (which would be a bargain).

He's a guy who might surprise and he'll be cheap, I think. Unless we've moved to Watson, I'm looking at Trask to back up Tua.
Trask is the guy I've been eyeing as a Tua backup as well, but only if he's there at some value round. Certainly not in the first or second round.

Back
Top Bottom