Offensive Strategy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Strategy

But what makes you think Jordy Nelson would have had the same success on the Dolphins? In Green Bay he had Aaron Rodgers and a good play caller in McCarthy. I doubt he would have put up the same numbers on the Dolphins.
Did you see Jordy Nelson play college ball? Do you know where Kansas State is? They don't run anything close to the WCO and the guy caught 122 passes for 1600+ yards and 11 TDs as a senior. The guy ran great routes and made amazing catches. He would have been successful in any offense.

Lamar Miller is Randall Cobb? Is Miller even a pass-catching RB?

:badmood: Someones in a bad mood. Im sorry you live in the northeast, its ok, not everyone gets great FL weather everyday.

I wouldn't live in Fl...hurricanes, muggy, etc...if you lived in Vegas/Arizona maybe jealous, but only in winter.

Not in a bad mood or upset in any way. Just commenting..By the looks of it, doesn't look like you ever will have something to say that will actually be substantial in any way.

Did you see Jordy Nelson play college ball? Do you know where Kansas State is? They don't run anything close to the WCO and the guy caught 122 passes for 1600+ yards and 11 TDs as a senior. The guy ran great routes and made amazing catches. He would have been successful in any offense.

I totally disagree with you. A lot of it has to do with the QB throwing you the ball. There is no way he would have put up the same numbers in Miami as he has in Green Bay so far.

I totally disagree with you. A lot of it has to do with the QB throwing you the ball. There is no way he would have put up the same numbers in Miami as he has in Green Bay so far.
We'll agree to disagree because I think Nelson would have been good no matter the offense he was in. It sure as heck didn't seem to bother him that Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing in the last game when Matt Flynn hooked up with him for 162 yards and 3 TDs. Would he have put up the same numbers here? Probably not because we were more centered around the running game but I do think he would have put up better numbers than Brandon Marshall. Marshall is among the league leaders in dropped passes every year...Jordy Nelson is not and he's a much more disciplined route runner.

We'll agree to disagree because I think Nelson would have been good no matter the offense he was in. It sure as heck didn't seem to bother him that Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing in the last game when Matt Flynn hooked up with him for 162 yards and 3 TDs. Would he have put up the same numbers here? Probably not because we were more centered around the running game but I do think he would have put up better numbers than Brandon Marshall. Marshall is among the league leaders in dropped passes every year...Jordy Nelson is not and he's a much more disciplined route runner.

In 2010 Jordy Nelson had a worse drop percentage than Marshall.

In 2010 Jordy Nelson had a worse drop percentage than Marshall.
And he's done that every year? I'm pretty sure I said Marshall is among the drop leaders every year...Is Jordy Nelson among the leaders every year?

Lets see what Marshall does on the Bears this year. I bet he has a huge year with them like he did when he was with the Broncos. That will prove my point even further that a lot of it has to do with the type of team your on and the talent around you.

And he's done that every year? I'm pretty sure I said Marshall is among the drop leaders every year...Is Jordy Nelson among the leaders every year?

He doesn't have the # of years that Marshall has...just pointing it out since you brought up Marshall's drops.

Also, I believe Marshall was thrown to a lot more than Jordy.

yeah yeah "our guy sucks their guy is the best, but also the reason we suck is our system and talent, if we had that we'd be better, but not with these guys, we dont want to make holes in the roster, but who can we trade and cut now that we got some talent at some positions" finheavens finest lol

i am with the OP that hartline is going to prob shine in this system etc, but i can only say that based on what i've heard from coach interviews etc. Truth is simple - we are all very hyped up on this new "system" and our "weapons" etc. but in reality, the beat writers have not even really been able to report on the actual offense or depth chart etc yet. so really we dont know exactly what kind of system we will be running or who will be where on the depth chart. we kind of have to hold off and just see.

Philbin didnt call the plays in GB and sherman ran a bit of a different system in A&M and remember tanney new the playbook in "3 hours" so my guess is this will be more similar to texas AM than to GB last year. wait and see.

He doesn't have the # of years that Marshall has...just pointing it out since you brought up Marshall's drops.

Also, I believe Marshall was thrown to a lot more than Jordy.
I'm talking percentage of dropped passes. Marshall had 95 catchable balls thrown to him last year and he dropped 14 of them (that would be 13th worst in terms of percentage...14.74%) while Jordy Nelson had 70 catchable balls thrown his way and dropped 2 (2.86% or 6th best in the league). Now Jordy Nelson did have a bad 2010...he was 72nd on the list (Marshall is 79th). Brian Hartline was 9th worst or 83rd on the list last year. He had 42 catchable balls thrown his way and dropped 7 of them for a drop rate of 16.67%.

From 2008-2010 Marshall has dropped 37 passes a percentage of dropped passes of 11.28%...good enough to rank in the bottom 10 of the league during that period of time. http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/

I'm talking percentage of dropped passes. Marshall had 95 catchable balls thrown to him last year and he dropped 14 of them (that would be 13th worst in terms of percentage...14.74%) while Jordy Nelson had 70 catchable balls thrown his way and dropped 2 (2.86% or 6th best in the league). Now Jordy Nelson did have a bad 2010...he was 72nd on the list (Marshall is 79th). Brian Hartline was 9th worst or 83rd on the list last year. He had 42 catchable balls thrown his way and dropped 7 of them for a drop rate of 16.67%.

From 2008-2010 Marshall has dropped 37 passes a percentage of dropped passes of 11.28%...good enough to rank in the bottom 10 of the league during that period of time. http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/

So you wouldn't want Roddy White on the team either? Desean Jax?

Not saying BM didn't have drop issues, but his 1200 yards 80 + catches will be missed. I'm not so positive Hartline will thrive in this new system with the #1 corner on him week in and out like others are.

Back
Top Bottom