Offical Florida Gator Basketball Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical Florida Gator Basketball Thread

:tantrum: I've been out of town for a few days, and I've had very limited internet access.

Last night's game was exciting, but sucked for UF fans.
Cory Brewer played well, but was still out played. That is very rare.
Noah's line looks okay, but his defense was no where near the Joakim Noah we've seen for the past year... same thing for Horford.
59% from the line :confused: That's how you lose, every damn time against a worthy opponent. Horford's performance in particular was the killer.

The good thing about college basketball is that you can actually have a "good loss". Maybe it was too many games in a short span? Maybe it was too many patsies? Maybe it was reading too many press clippings?
IDK, but that was not the real Gators I saw out there.
They were largely uncohesive offensively, and were running in all the wrong directions on defense.

Props belong to Kansas, because (short of UF's free throw woes) Kansas can claim responsibility for Florida playing that way.

Redemption vs. OSU is less than a month away :woot:

So, no one posts here when UF is winning, but as soon as the Gators lose one you guys start coming out of the woodwork :lol:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

FinSinceBirth said:
I didn't know you were at that game Joe, I was as well. My girlfriend's mom got tickets from her boss for free. Level 2 section L row nine. Where were you sitting.
Bench side, second level, half way up, center court. Very nice free seats :D
IDK the section numbers and stuff

I'll let you know next time I'm going.

The blood work came back Tuesday morning and the news was not good. Florida junior forward Corey Brewer, who played through the Las Vegas Invitational over the weekend with the flu, was diagnosed with mononucleosis before Florida's game with Southern.

With Brewer out and forward Joakim Noah ailing with flu-like systems, Florida still held winless Southern to a record-low point total in the shot-clock era. The fourth-ranked Gators beat the Jaguars 83-27, relying on their freshman class for much of the second half.
http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061129/GATORS02/211290345

That really sucks if it's Mono. It also explains some of poor play by Brewer and Noah that past two games.

finswin56 said:
:tantrum: I've been out of town for a few days, and I've had very limited internet access.

Last night's game was exciting, but sucked for UF fans.
Cory Brewer played well, but was still out played. That is very rare.
Noah's line looks okay, but his defense was no where near the Joakim Noah we've seen for the past year... same thing for Horford.
59% from the line :confused: That's how you lose, every damn time against a worthy opponent. Horford's performance in particular was the killer.

The good thing about college basketball is that you can actually have a "good loss". Maybe it was too many games in a short span? Maybe it was too many patsies? Maybe it was reading too many press clippings?
IDK, but that was not the real Gators I saw out there.
They were largely uncohesive offensively, and were running in all the wrong directions on defense.

Props belong to Kansas, because (short of UF's free throw woes) Kansas can claim responsibility for Florida playing that way.

Redemption vs. OSU is less than a month away :woot:

So, no one posts here when UF is winning, but as soon as the Gators lose one you guys start coming out of the woodwork :lol:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

clear.gif

:escape:

:hide:

loved that game it was great. im mad KU lost today to Depaul:shakeno:

congrats on the national championship bid...you deserve it.

but allow us to enjoy the (seriously) huge implications of our win over UF in basketball tonight.
Last year, they left FSU out of the NCAA tournament with a 20-win season, and a 9-7 record in the ACC (the best conf. in college basketball) because they were unimpressed with our out-of-conference wins (BS).

Can they say that again this year?

Billy Donovan's breakdown of the game:
"Turnovers ... and our inability to have an answer for Al Thornton."

img9847463-1.jpg

brech10 said:
congrats on the national championship bid...you deserve it.

but allow us to enjoy the (seriously) huge implications of our win over UF in basketball tonight.
Last year, they left FSU out of the NCAA tournament with a 20-win season, and a 9-7 record in the ACC (the best conf. in college basketball) because they were unimpressed with our out-of-conference wins (BS).

Can they say that again this year?

Billy Donovan's breakdown of the game:
"Turnovers ... and our inability to have an answer for Al Thornton."

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img9847463.jpg
Great job by FSU tonight. You guys have really improved over the past few years. This game used to be a gimme. Last year UF was put on notice. This year FSU made sure we knew they weren't screwing around.

IDK what's going on in Gainesville, but they're running around lately like they've never played together. Looks like UF needs to lose a few more to get their **** together.

Noah must be really sick, because he looks like a freshman again.

Oh well, this is what I get for my prayers being answered with the BCS.

Good luck in the ACC this year.

It isn't good for Uf right now with Horford hobbling with an ankle sprain. He has been very crucial to the offense this year. I just hope he's back in time for OSU. Also Brewer should be back soon.

PS. My girlfriend's mom got tickets again. So we're going to the stetson game. Yea I know it's not a big game, but a game none the less.

FinSinceBirth said:
It isn't good for Uf right now with Horford hobbling with an ankle sprain. He has been very crucial to the offense this year. I just hope he's back in time for OSU. Also Brewer should be back soon.

PS. My girlfriend's mom got tickets again. So we're going to the stetson game. Yea I know it's not a big game, but a game none the less.
Nice, any game is good to go to.
New girlfriend?

I'm just glad all this crap is happening now instead of in March (hopefully).

finswin56 said:
Nice, any game is good to go to.
New girlfriend?

I'm just glad all this crap is happening now instead of in March (hopefully).

Yes, new girlfriend. And I too am glad this is happening now. This is what I like about college basketball, you don't need to be number 1 to make it to the NC. Also I don't know how you feel, but I think some of the hype and success has gotten to our heads. I think we need another losing streak like last season to get these boys back into shape.

FinSinceBirth said:
Yes, new girlfriend. And I too am glad this is happening now. This is what I like about college basketball, you don't need to be number 1 to make it to the NC. Also I don't know how you feel, but I think some of the hype and success has gotten to our heads. I think we need another losing streak like last season to get these boys back into shape.
:yes:

Let's catch a game after the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom