Offical Florida Gator Basketball Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical Florida Gator Basketball Thread

That place exploded when the football team came out. They didn't show much on TV. Baker, Nelson, McDonald, and Tebow all spoke to the crowd. Baker was funny, saying Meyer needs to find out how to make him eligible until he's 30.
Meyer said that Nelson made him promise that he wouldn't make Reggie speak. So, of course he handed Reggie the mic. When Reggie finished, the crowd began the "One more year!" chant. Meyer made sure Reggie understood it saying, "They want one more year Reggie" with a big smile.

Meyer didn't miss a beat. At the end of his short speech he reminded everyone of how bright the future was bringing Harvin and Tebow up front, then having Tebow address the crowd.

As the football team started to leave, the basketball team was coming out. The first few guys ran along the top of the court like they normally do, but then Noah came out. He sprinted straight to the team and was followed by the rest. They were all giving out high five's and hugs. It was pretty cool. First play of the second half was that alley-oop. Just drove the crowd nuts.

Their backs were to me, and I couldn't get very close, but here's a pic with Meyer speaking.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1168448892

And here's one of the Gator's MLB in 2021 :D
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1168448744

EDIT: ugh, for some reason the pics only show up as links. Anyone know how to fix this?

Rolling 84-50 over S. Carolina.
Lee Humphrey went nuts with 27, and SC was held to 9 points in the second half until the last minute when UF put in the scrubs.

3 pm today. Bring on those Vols!
I'll be bringing my son again. Now I just have to figure out how to explain to a three year old that one team wearing orange is no good, but the other team wearing the orange warm-up's and blue accents is good. :nono: He's just not going to be able to reconcile that one.

That was pretty damn sweet!
7 1/2 minutes into the game, UF's lead was >10, and they never led by less than 10 the rest of the game. It wasn't much of a game if you were watching on tv.
Al Horford flat out dominated.

The name of this game was rebounds. UF 40, UT 21.
UF shot 55%, and was better than 50% from 3.
The lead only fell below 20 with about 4 minutes left because UT had apparently reached their limit of fouls. At that point no blood no call for UT.

I'll say this about Tennesse, Wayne Chism is going to be a force. That's a freshman with all around game.

Oh baby! 9pm Saturday night.
The best thing on tv will be UF at UK. Not only do you get #1 at #18, but you get a budding rivalry, and a home team that hasn't allowed the last two visiting #1 ranked teams to leave with a win.

Oh yea, and you'll get at least a dozen obligatory shots of the best thing Kentucky has going for them.
t1_judd_elsa_getty-1.jpg

:drool:

LMAO! :sidelol: Read this:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2761782

You're not going to believe this one. Joakim Noah literally had to cool down teammate Corey Brewer by slapping out flames on the backside of his pajamas last week in the dorm room the two share with fellow Florida juniors Al Horford and Taurean Green.

The scare, which Noah, Brewer and a few of the extended staff were chuckling about late Saturday night, occurred a week ago Wednesday, on the day the Gators played host to Vanderbilt. The incident wasn't publicized and Brewer was a bit surprised when asked about it as he walked toward the team bus.

"Who told you? Jo?" Brewer asked, laughing. "You remember the opening in the kitchen where you look through [to the living room]? Well, Jo's mom had come in and lit some candles to clean the place up and I didn't know. I was standing there and I felt my butt get hot.

"I looked behind me and I was on fire," said Brewer. "So, I was about to drop down when Jo hit me. He put the fire out and burned his hand."

Sure enough Noah has a burn mark about an inch long on the back of his right hand.

"I saved his life," said Noah, smiling through his response. "My mom had candles everywhere and Corey had these $5 pajamas on that he had never worn before. He just caught on fire. You should see it. He's got this hole on the back the size of four or five eggs. I was just hitting at it. Maybe that's the only way to slow him down."

:lol: We'l have to find a new nickname for Corey. Spiderman just doesn't do this justice.

Exciting game last night. Florida couldn't hit water falling out of a boat in the second half. I guess the silver lining in last night's win is this: even playing their C game, UF can beat a tough, ranked, conference opponent on the road in an EXTREMELY hostile environment. That's not so bad after reading it. I felt much worse about the Gator's game last night, than I do now.

Well, that was pathetic. Nothing worked, no shooting, turnovers left and right, couldn't stop Vandy's shot.
Vandy played great, can't take anything away from them. I always hate when UF goes to Nashville. If it's possible for a basketball court to be gimmicky, Vandy's is. Bench under the hoop, and the stands are so far away. I think Minnesota? has an odd setup with the height of the court. IDK, it's just weird in Nashville. I've heard over the years that visiting teams are thrown off by the stands being so far back, affecting their depth perception. My buddy who's a basketball coach says the bench being under the hoops has to drive the coaches nuts since they can't communicate up and down the court, especially when there are foul shots at the other end.

Anyway, hopefully this will refocus the team. They looked lost the entire game.

UF is assured a 1 seed(unless they tanked it which obviously won't happen) so any loss at this point is not a big deal.

Florida was due for this loss. The last couple of games they played were closer then they should have been and you just got the feeling they were going to take an L. I mean Alabama should have beat them the game before but blew a huge lead and played like crap in the 2nd half. No big deal for Florida, just a bad day that was due. They'll be a #1 and should still win the SEC tournament!

I really hope they're getting all this crap out of their system now.
The turnovers are bothering me much more than the shooting. I have no doubt that the shooting will turn around.
But, the turnovers... IDK what the deal is, but they look mentally tired. Al Horford is the only one playing worth a damn right now. I've always said that he's the best player on the team, but Noah's the one they need to get it together. He's the emotional leader, and when he's rolling, the team moves with him.

Attention:
Calling the real Florida Gators!
Please step forward, play some ****ing defense!

I really don't care that this losing slide mirrors last year's. Enough is enough. I'm still not too concerned with the shooting. A team with good shooters will always straighten itself out. It's the turnovers and defense that totally baffles me. I'm just a normal fan, w/o much x's and o's insight, so I can't really say what's wrong. But, I know this: a few weeks ago UF had one of the best if not the best defensive FG%. The last three losses they've allowed 57.1%, 51.1%, and 58% shooting. The loss against LSU (only 51.1% :rolleyes: ) they were out rebounded 34-22, W/O Big Baby!!! :tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom